Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    If it wasn't for college football, I'd never watch ESPN. I remember when I worked at UCF they decided to film a 30 second commercial for gameday at our location with Lou Holtz. They had over 50 people there filming a few actors for 15 seconds, the process took them several hours then half of them walked over to Applebees and drank at the bar...and ole spitball wasn't even there. They went somewhere else to finish the job with him. Waste of $.

Now they just want to keep their fading NFL & College Gameday figure heads and supplement them with whoever wants an entry level paycheck. Their non-college football programing is brutal.
    Lou Holtz....another useless lisp talking idiot

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

They're probably going to hire a bunch of trannies.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Can't get rid of minorities in 2016

Unless they commit a felony

This is brilliant.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Interesting, to an extent. The mass exodus.

My 2-cents on what's going on. The sports-media mkt got WAY too big. ESPN could thrive as a monopoly. What do they offer now?

If u watch ESPN for a week, you wonder:
    1) who the hell is that?
    2) can't they get someone better than that?

It's a watered down product, for various reasons. Most of it is un-watchable.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

His act gets really old I don't even watch any shows anymore

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    If it wasn't for college football, I'd never watch ESPN. I remember when I worked at UCF they decided to film a 30 second commercial for gameday at our location with Lou Holtz. They had over 50 people there filming a few actors for 15 seconds, the process took them several hours then half of them walked over to Applebees and drank at the bar...and ole spitball wasn't even there. They went somewhere else to finish the job with him. Waste of $.

Now they just want to keep their fading NFL & College Gameday figure heads and supplement them with whoever wants an entry level paycheck. Their non-college football programing is brutal.
    Yet they pay mediocre talent like Everett and Verrett primo money to do what some random guy out of ESPNNews could be doing for 5% of the cost.

This is a whole other rant that I may start a thread on one day about how ESPN thinks we just love certain news anchors like we did in the 90s. We don't. We legitimately don't give a shit. But they somehow think we do.

I gotta take a break. Breathe, Ralphie.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

Skipper is gone - Best news ever! This pompous ass and his ridiculously contrived "opinions", is the most annoying thing on ESPN, and that's saying something with the crap they now throw up there. A few years back he was even berating Tony Parker like a crazed idiot for getting married during the season and not waiting till it ended. He was furious. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Skip!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who even watches this stuff??

Lol..go out and make money men

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

They should get rid of all their talk show "talent" along with the shows.

First 12