rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

Post your top 4 series bets for NHL playoffs - best post gets 100 betpoints

Post your top 4 series bets for NHL playoffs with a decent analysis... Best analysis gets 100 points

I'll distribute the points on Wednesday afternoon {April 13th}
    Points Awarded:

Ra77er gave rake922 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35447

Pit -1.5
    Nash
    Was
    NYI

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

The San Jose Sharks > The Los Angeles Kings. SHARKS +135 The Sharks are hungry, I'm a Canadian and love the Sharks. They get it done for me at dog odds because that's hockey. Sharks in 6.

Washington Capitals > Philly Flyers. CAPS -270
    Playing the best team in the NHL and they're coming for that cup. Caps in 5.

Dallas > Minnesota.
    No comment. Minnesota will bend over for the Stars. Stars in 4.

Blackhawks > St. Louis.
    +100 They're the penetrating stanley cup champs playing without Keith for a first game but he'll be back. Gettting the Champs at dog odds. I can't wait to see this match-up. Blackhawks in 6.
    There's four, 2 dogs and 2 favs
    Last edited by UncleChael; 04-11-16 at 06:14 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

will not watch until finals

meaningless

Good luck with your predictions

McDabs
    McDabs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5288

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

meaningless

instead you'll watch which sport?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

NBA day and night pal

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Chi (-100) - IDk how the hell the defending champs with the Art Ross trophy winner is an underdog to a team that chokes every year in the playoffs, but somehow here we are. Whenever you can get the Blackhawks at underdog odds, unless they are playing the kings in the playoffs, you take them.
    NYR (+145) - Again another series with plus odds and i know Pittsburg improved, but give me the team with the better goalie and defense every time, this series really feels like 50/50 IMO and the rags are +145, i'll take it
    DET (+135) - Another series that feels like 50/50, so give me the team with +135 odds. Both teams know each other pretty well, but TB doesn't have Stamkos, that's huge, plus with the news Pavel is leaving at the end of the year, DET is going to try to send him off properly
    SJ (+130)- Hate betting against LA, but SJ is one of the few teams who could take them down, they are play great hockey and feel like this series is again about 50/50, so give me the team with the better odds

Those would be my 4 best bets, i would feel confident they go at least 2-2, netting you a profit, and if they got 3-1, you're golden.

Bonus the other series bets i would bet if HAD to, but won't
    DAL (-220) Should win the series, but their D can be garbage and not worth laying the -220 down in hopes their D can not collapse
    PHI (+235) Why not right? WSH historically chokes in the playoffs, so why not take a team playing good hockey at +235, i won't, but if you were to bet the series, rather bet this side
    ANA (-165) Ducks are the better team, should take this, but NSH can give them trouble and not worth the risk of laying the juice
    NYI-FLA IDK, i can't even begin to speculate on that one

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Anaheim Ducks win the Stanley Cup at 9/1 right now.

Not messing around with anything else.

(Hoping for a very nice payday in June)

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

NBA day and night pal
    Lol. Nhl playoffs are way more exciting. That is not up for debate.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

NBA day and night pal
    Watch a playoff where you already know that golden state will win since game 1 of the season? Or watch nhl where any team has a shot a at winning it all if they get hot at the right time. NBA sucks

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    Anaheim Ducks win the Stanley Cup at 9/1 right now.

Not messing around with anything else.

(Hoping for a very nice payday in June)
    I have ducks 50-1 so that ain't happening..

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Panthers
    Blues
    Capitals
    Lightning
    Rangers
    Ducks
    Kings
    Stars

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5940

Pavy should get the points he did them all

Stringer Bell
    Stringer Bell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2015

Just wanted to comment to Bob who posted up above.. I'm a Rangers fan, and in no way whatsoever do the Rangers have a better defense than the Pens. Not even sure how good the Pens D is but our defense has been damn near brutal for quite some time and they just lost McDonough for the time being.

Not saying they won't win because they possibly could if Hank carries them like he usually does, but I'm not too optimistic vs. the Pens who have been playing much better than us for over a month now.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Pretty tough matchups to be honest
    Tampa -160
    Detroit struggled to get in . I believe the Lightning have too much fire power and advance 4-2
    LA Kings
    Why ? They'll win every game at San Jose , amazing they make the playoffs yet can't win at home for the most part . 4-1
    Anaheim . You talk about coming back from a horrible start , the Ducks have been top notch after the first 3rd of the season . They couldn't win the first 3 weeks. 4-2
    Florida , just better than the Isles. 4-2
    Stanley Cup
    Caps +350
    Darkhorse - Anaheim +850
    Last edited by Slipknot26; 04-12-16 at 04:16 AM.

Coolice
    Coolice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 525

Wednesday the Lightning playing well at home are going to defeat the slower Red Wings, goalie Howard for Wings not lookin to good lately. The Penguins at Home playing very well vs Banged up Rangers and a slumping Lundqvist will win also. Washington will beat Philly with solid defense and relentless offense. San Jose just not consistent enough to deal with Kings who will stifle them with Quick. Blackhawks have been sketchy all year and can't beat this Blues team. Florida will outscore the Islanders and Dallas will CRUSH Wild. Anaheim just better than Nashville and win that series.

PorkChop

Check in with me when Ducks win the cup boys

gdon44
    gdon44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8959

First round can be harder to pick than the final rounds.

Flyers +1.5 +117. Congrats on winning the President's Trophy Caps here's the 2nd hottest team in the league and if you win that you get to play the hottest team(Pitt) in the 2nd round. woo hoo! Philly has been playing really well coming in and will push the Capitals who have been on cruise control since the All-star break. I think Flyers take game 1 and the rest will be close. But Holtby >> Mason and Caps PP>> Flyers PP. Those two things will give them a 7 game win. But I wouldn't be surprised by a Philly upset here.

Blues -115. I think I read somewhere that St. Louis has had their top 6 forwards in the lineup at the same time just 6 times this year. They were 6-0. Not that that will continue but to be finally healthy just in time for the playoffs... that's huge. Elliot is a weak spot I think but they have Allen in reserve. Chicago has played a ton of hockey the past 3 years. They were looking tired and their d is not as good as last year. Granted they only need 3 d to win it last year but I just can't see that repeating itself.

TB -1.5 +150 Everyone's on about TB big injuries and they are huge but Detroit barely made the playoffs...still don't know how Boston dropped the ball there. In my opinion, Detroit is the worst team in the playoffs (close with Minny). TB even without Stamkos, Stralman, and possibly Johnson is better than Detroit. The only thing saving Red Wings is a heroic performance from Mrazek. Which, in the NHL, is always possible.

Ducks -1.5 +123. Ducks put it all together in the last half and looked like a Stanley Cup contender. That +2000 future bet I put on them in January would look nice on my bankroll. lol. Anderson's back healthy, Gibson is a solid backup in case he falters and no serious injuries. The first round should be a cakewalk.

Good luck all.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2335

Flyers have a shot at the upset. They've gotten a lot better in the past 2 months but two things stand out for me. Flyers lost 14 games in OT this year, mostly because of their poor showing in shoot-outs. The playoffs bring an end to the shoot-outs, all games decided by sudden death, advantage Flyers. Secondly the team will be fired up to win a series for recently passed owner Ed Snider, who has always treated players and ex-players like family even after they retire from the game. Washington is definitely the better team but its not uncommon for a #1 seed to go down in the first round.

Bet or fade accordingly.

jgj311
    jgj311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 412

LA -150 over San Jose- This is my most confident pick in the first round. I may very well pick LA to win the cup this year. They're back and they're an experienced playoff team that wins, something I love to put money on. I can't see the Kings going down in the first round with the better goalie and defense in their return to the playoffs.

NYR over Pitt- I really don't understand the hype for Pittsburgh. Yes they're hot right now but do you guys not pay attention to how they perform in the playoffs with this unit? They're a team that can get bullied around plus Malkin and both their top goalies might be out when they already had a severe disadvantage in that position. The Rangers are a deeper team than the Penguins imo and if the Rangers can shut down the top line, they win this series easily.

Chicago over St. Louis- I know everything on paper says to take the Blues but I can't bet against the Blackhawks in this spot. They have proven too many times in the past that they can turn that switch on and perform big when they have to, even if they have a weak push in the playoffs. The last two years they have had similar doubts and look at how they have done? Though I will admit from a betting perspective, I would much rather be seeing the Stars for the Blackhawks.

Washington -270 over Philadelphia- I may not lay this one down in real life because I think the odds are a little high for a hot Flyers team, but I simply believe this Capitals team is too deep for the Flyers to handle who seem to mainly rely on Giroux. The only thing that worries me is that the Capitals may be rusty when it comes to serious games because they clinched everything so early.
    Points Awarded:

rake922 gave jgj311 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11708

I love the Pens. They are the hottest team going into the playoffs. easy series for them

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

If the blues can get past Chicago and avoid having to play the kings, lookout. Even with all the decimating injuries. Backes and Allen hopefully will be healthy enough to play.

Stars (wild weak), preds (ducks run out of gas from crawling out of huge early season hole), Kings ( nobody plays better at playoff time) advance.

Tampa (wings backed in with shitty goaltending and d) , caps (will sweep philly) , Panthers (very underrated and islanders too inconsistent down the stretch), and pens(too hot and rangers are not the same team as years past tho this can go 7 games easily) advance in East.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

BIG PLAYS!

Panthers -145 series
    Panthers -1.5 +150 series

Panthers to come out of the east +575

Just to joke around

Panthers vs Blues in final +2500

I highly recommend this team.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Kings have the sharks #

k13

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    I love the Pens. They are the hottest team going into the playoffs. easy series for them
    On paper and theory but this is the NHL and rags are only +150 for the series...
    Both goalies banged up...it won't be easy...

I would not be surprised if they lose again.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    If the blues can get past Chicago and avoid having to play the kings, lookout. Even with all the decimating injuries. Backes and Allen hopefully will be healthy enough to play.

Stars (wild weak), preds (ducks run out of gas from crawling out of huge early season hole), Kings ( nobody plays better at playoff time) advance.

Tampa (wings backed in with shitty goaltending and d) , caps (will sweep philly) , Panthers (very underrated and islanders too inconsistent down the stretch), and pens(too hot and rangers are not the same team as years past tho this can go 7 games easily) advance in East.
    Caps won't sweep anything...
    Wings have one of the best goalies in the league...too bad he'll be playing back up..

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57563

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Lol. Nhl playoffs are way more exciting. That is not up for debate.
    So true! NBA not even close

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1423

meaningless

The nba is the one u don't watch till the finals

Stanley cup playoffs r action packed start to finish

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

You don't go against the champs 'till the go down!

PorkChop

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post

Zero chance Ducks lose first round.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    Zero chance Ducks lose first round.
    I'm going small on the +money series price so if u have a big bet gl sir. The ducks may win but the preds certainly have more than "zero chance" to win the series

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Minny is worth a shot at +234

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Dallas wins their 2nd Cup.

Book it...and I'll see you motherfukkers at the pay window.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kings vs Stars
    Caps vs Isles

Kings Stars win it all
    Last edited by Ra77er; 04-13-16 at 07:51 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: opie1988

PorkChop

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Dallas wins their 2nd Cup.

Book it...and I'll see you motherfukkers at the pay window.

Lol

12 Last