daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Is there any way we can exclude the big 10 from post season games for a little while in all sports except hockey?

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    This only goes back 20 years. Santa Clara was 19-20 point dog to Arizona when they beat them in 93.
    They had Nash,looking back at it know it doesn't seem as big of an upset.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 684

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Live Wagering books must of won a shi#load on this game. Wow.

All it takes is one crazy game like this.... Books celebrating like a motha right now.
    Yeah I lost $70 betting it live. I lost $50 after getting on MSU when it was 15-2. Then another $20 when it was 67-64. You just assume the underdog team will cool off because MSU really was not playing that bad. But MTSU simply shot the lights out and beat MSU off the dribble or 1 on 1 in the list all game.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

almost 25% of ESPN brackets has MSU winning it all

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Is there any way we can exclude the big 10 from post season games for a little while in all sports except hockey?
    This conference is bad for the tourney. It's always better to put small schools in the tourney. Their coaches and players take every game serious.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Yeah I lost $70 betting it live. I lost $50 after getting on MSU when it was 15-2. Then another $20 when it was 67-64. You just assume the underdog team will cool off because MSU really was not playing that bad. But MTSU simply shot the lights out and beat MSU off the dribble or 1 on 1 in the list all game.
    How could you resist? Izzo usually gets the job done. Unreal the outcome.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

I just saw a tweet that more money was bet on Michigan State than any other team in the tourney.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3635

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    They had Nash,looking back at it know it doesn't seem as big of an upset.
    1 player doesnt make a team. Nash almost blew that game by missing a few free throws down the stretch. Nash only had 10 points and 4 ast? Note sure how accurate this box score is.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/...8-arizona.html

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Books are keeping all the Michigan St futures. I'm in a 250 people high stakes bracket pool and 129 people in the pool have Michigan St as champions.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Mid. Tenn. run good sets, State overrated this year look at the team, its lacking.

Chong Wizard
    Chong Wizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    False. Here's an article. Biggest dog seems to have been 21.5 point dogs. This would be the 4th biggest fave to lose.

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/...ets-20-seasons
    Regardless of the spread Mich St was considered a #1 seed and top 3 team in this tourney.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Best game I've ever seen a 15 seed play. Refreshing to watch a 16 pt dog attacking in the 2h with a lead.
    Points Awarded:

DOM-Ganador gave smoke a bowl 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DOM-Ganador

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    1 player doesnt make a team. Nash almost blew that game by missing a few free throws down the stretch. Nash only had 10 points and 4 ast? Note sure how accurate this box score is.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/...8-arizona.html
    He seemed to have helped them out a lot more with his FT,8-10.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 684

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    almost 25% of ESPN brackets has MSU winning it all
    Whoever picked them to win it all deserved this

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273425

Michigan State captured the Big Ten tournament title, boasted college basketball's best player and entered the NCAA tournament with the second-lowest odds to win the national championship.
    Middle Tennessee finished three games out of first place in the nation's 21st-best league, lost to the likes of Western Kentucky and Georgia State and failed to beat a single top-100 opponent in Ken Pomeroy's ratings.
    There was absolutely no reason to believe an upset was remotely possible in their opening-round game on Friday afternoon until the ball was tipped and the underdog Blue Raiders jumped all over the heavily favored Spartans.
    Middle Tennessee's 90-81 victory over Michigan State is probably the biggest first-round upset in the history of the NCAA tournament.

jeffchitown
    jeffchitown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2495

At least my purdue team didnt have biggest upset lol

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    Michigan State[/URL] is probably the biggest first-round upset in the history of the NCAA tournament.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Only on paper, neither big really good, neither can rebound.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3635

Quote Originally Posted by Chong Wizard View Post
    Regardless of the spread Mich St was considered a #1 seed and top 3 team in this tourney.
    Oh ok. Mid Tenn wasnt really a 15 seed. They were actually a 14 but due to the stupid play-in games that pit the 16 seeds against each other, they got bumped down.

Lets agree to call this a top 5 upset of all time.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    Michigan State captured the Big Ten tournament title, boasted college basketball's best player and entered the NCAA tournament with the second-lowest odds to win the national championship.
    Middle Tennessee finished three games out of first place in the nation's 21st-best league, lost to the likes of Western Kentucky and Georgia State and failed to beat a single top-100 opponent in Ken Pomeroy's ratings.
    There was absolutely no reason to believe an upset was remotely possible in their opening-round game on Friday afternoon until the ball was tipped and the underdog Blue Raiders jumped all over the heavily favored Spartans.
    Middle Tennessee's 90-81 victory over Michigan State is probably the biggest first-round upset in the history of the NCAA tournament.

This is sensationalized bullshit. Ken Pomeroy...

I suppose it's the day traders watching CNBC that always gets hurt the worst.

This wasn't about Michigan State being so overrated as much as I think Middle Tennessee was underrated and the market was inflated.

While I had Michigan State to win, it was by less than 4 points. I don't give a shit what the ESPN/Yahoo bullshit says about 21st best league and the likes of "blah and Blah" who beat them.

Bullshit. Handicap the matchup the way a tournament matchup should be handicapped then you'll see for yourself.

Mainstream news outlets hurt the sports player just as much they do the stock player.

Fukking world needs a real sports market analyst to show people what really happened in the tournament. The mainstream wants to keep the sheep in the dark.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

This was the greatest upset in the history of March Madness. A 17 point underdog winning by 9 points? Never happened before.

Calgunner23
    Things that go BANG mostly.
    Calgunner23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

I'm really glad I missed watching this game, because I always, always bet MSU. Kinda still would want to watch just to see what went wrong. I read Mid Tenn started on a 15-2 run, brutal.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by Calgunner23 View Post
    I'm really glad I missed watching this game, because I always, always bet MSU. Kinda still would want to watch just to see what went wrong. I read Mid Tenn started on a 15-2 run, brutal.

I jumped on them right there at -8.5. Said to myself, I just got a gift.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Who in the hell risks $150 to win $2.15 on a team?

Seaweed... was that you pal?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Whoever picked them to win it all deserved this
    I have Xavier

First 123