CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1673

Revenge game of the...of the...of the day ?? Md -15

This is not your normal revenge game. IT'S not like last year the Illini won by 30..it's not like they were up 20 pts. with 2min. to go and played up tempo and shot nothing but 3's. It is because the Terps allowed Illinois to go on a 20-3 run in the 2nd half!!!
    Alittle background: Two years ago MD. had a 17-15 record,did'nt even make the NIT! Then in the off season 1 player got dismissed and 3 players transferred!! Now they start their new season in the BIG10. From the start they had great chemistry, started with a school best 11-1 start,2-0 in new conf. , with a win at Mich St. Now they go to play a much weaker Illini team. Terps were up only 28-26 at half. Turgeon read them the riot act and challenged his players..hit the boards,focus,ect. Then the crap hits the fan with the home team going on a 20-3 run!!!!! NO FRIGGIN WAY ??? Well after the game I never saw a coach walk so fast as Turgeon, shook Groce hand nothing said ,no eye contact!!!.......Well to make along story short,5 min. after that game I had this game circled!..There will be no pity no remorse....just a old fashion beat down.!!! Terps have lost 3 of 4, but do need this game for a double bye in BIG10 Trny.............................tail,fa de,pass...........................BOL

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Maryland definately overrated since 1st 10 games or so

NO PLAY and easy out in tourney

iloseagain
    iloseagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

yea maryland sucks ass.. not saying they dont cover here, but i will never bet on them.. GL sir

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

I honestly believe terps have one of the most talented squads in the nation. They just seem to do bone headed things in game. Don't know if its coaching or what.

Im tailing. GL!!

jjgold

Philly guy they are due..home court down there pretty strong meaning loud fans

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

I think the spread is a few baskets too high. Could see MD winning by 8-12 here.

Stone and Trimble don't care about what happened 2 years ago... They were in highschool.

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    I honestly believe terps have one of the most talented squads in the nation. They just seem to do bone headed things in game. Don't know if its coaching or what.

Im tailing. GL!!
    Iagree they have a lot of talent and should be playing better!!

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    I think the spread is a few baskets too high. Could see MD winning by 8-12 here.

Stone and Trimble don't care about what happened 2 years ago... They were in highschool.
    Yea,they may not cover,but I hope so....Trimble played in that loss last year...and every player thinks he let everyone down. Only Stone did not play LY..And on another note it is SR.NIGHT..but for me I put little stock into that factor.........................Good luck everyone!!

jeffchitown
    jeffchitown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2495

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
    This is not your normal revenge game. IT'S not like last year the Illini won by 30..it's not like they were up 20 pts. with 2min. to go and played up tempo and shot nothing but 3's. It is because the Terps allowed Illinois to go on a 20-3 run in the 2nd half!!!
    Alittle background: Two years ago MD. had a 17-15 record,did'nt even make the NIT! Then in the off season 1 player got dismissed and 3 players transferred!! Now they start their new season in the BIG10. From the start they had great chemistry, started with a school best 11-1 start,2-0 in new conf. , with a win at Mich St. Now they go to play a much weaker Illini team. Terps were up only 28-26 at half. Turgeon read them the riot act and challenged his players..hit the boards,focus,ect. Then the crap hits the fan with the home team going on a 20-3 run!!!!! NO FRIGGIN WAY ??? Well after the game I never saw a coach walk so fast as Turgeon, shook Groce hand nothing said ,no eye contact!!!.......Well to make along story short,5 min. after that game I had this game circled!..There will be no pity no remorse....just a old fashion beat down.!!! Terps have lost 3 of 4, but do need this game for a double bye in BIG10 Trny.............................tail,fa de,pass...........................BOL
    I was about to take illinois +15. Illinois has okay on the road in keeping it within 15 points. They have a couple games where they were blown out but then you have to look at maryland at home. Maryland has only two 15+ wins in the big ten conference at home. One against a ohio state team that was very shakey at the beginning of the conference games and against rutgers who everyone has laid a beating to. Everyone else it's been below 15 points. Anyhow, I think this game is too close to call. If the Maryland team who usually shows up in the last 2-5 minutes of the game shows up for the whole game then Maryland can win by 30+ lol... I just dont have any evidence that team will show up for the whole game based on past games.

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

This has blow out written all over it....md by 20

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by jeffchitown View Post
    I was about to take illinois +15. Illinois has okay on the road in keeping it within 15 points. They have a couple games where they were blown out but then you have to look at maryland at home. Maryland has only two 15+ wins in the big ten conference at home. One against a ohio state team that was very shakey at the beginning of the conference games and against rutgers who everyone has laid a beating to. Everyone else it's been below 15 points. Anyhow, I think this game is too close to call. If the Maryland team who usually shows up in the last 2-5 minutes of the game shows up for the whole game then Maryland can win by 30+ lol... I just dont have any evidence that team will show up for the whole game based on past games.
    That is a big problem about gambling....one may have many angles and these angles come in...and loose the game.One the other hand all ur angles may not happen but you win that game!!!!.....That is why there are NO LOCKS in gambling.!!!

Covy
    Covy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1430

User name: cappin"terp"
    Maryland mascot nickname:terp

Homer pick

No thanks

jjgold

I don't believe in revenge play

dwatersalec
    dwatersalec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5142

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post

Im tailing. GL!!
    It is all coaching. They also need a floor leader. Turgeon wants it to be Trimble, but he is not built that way. Trimble has been MIA for a month now. When they need a critical basket, they turn to a freshman, which is kind of sad given their experience on the roster. They will be knocked out in the 2nd round again this year.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 684

2 words Melo Trimble, the guy is aweful right now. How do you lay 15 when the Terps best player and floor general is going 1-3/14 every night from the field? Terps can't pull away from anyone with him throwing up brick after brick. The reason why Terps are 1-3 in their last 4 games. If Melo keeps shooting like he has the Terps will be lucky to win this game outright.

jeffchitown

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    2 words Melo Trimble, the guy is aweful right now. How do you lay 15 when the Terps best player and floor general is going 1-3/14 every night from the field? Terps can't pull away from anyone with him throwing up brick after brick. The reason why Terps are 1-3 in their last 4 games. If Melo keeps shooting like he has the Terps will be lucky to win this game outright.
    Yup, which i do think they may still cover but with there so many uncertainties this game is close to a 50/50 shot. I understand there are no locks in betting but I try to pick games that I'm 60+% sure about preferably 70%+. This game I'm 51% sure MD does not cover but in no way is that worth betting. Only way I'd consider this game is if line went to -12 Maryland or +17.5 illinois.
    Last edited by jeffchitown; 03-03-16 at 04:44 PM. Reason: changed -12.5 to -12 even that is still ?? for me

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    some revenge angles work, but most don't...it's rather the opposite!

laumart
    laumart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1910

Thanks terp

GGGJR82
    Update your status
    GGGJR82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Maryland has lost 3 of their last 4 outright, and have not really played well in about a month... Revenge is a non factor in this game... Revenge would be the last reason I took Maryland(-15.5).. The Big Ten style of play is not what you want with a double digit favorite, they have 2 wins + 15 in big ten play and one of those was Rutgers who is not a good measuring stick.. Also, in March you want a team playing their best ball of the yr, and MD is playing their worst ball of the yr.. I cant think of a reason why MD is 15.5 favorite right now with the way they are playing.. Lots of games on the board tonight, no reason to even take a second look at this play let alone have any confidence in the play...

Birdman557
    Birdman557's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

You can't make this shit up, is this clown for realz??? Because Illini went on a 20-3 run last game, MD is the game "of the...of the... of the??? Unreal, I give up. SBR

Birdman557

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
    some revenge angles work, but most don't...it's rather the opposite!
    Yeah, I have a database just for that and I have 15% of the teams revenge well, 5% play decent, 70% don't revenge at all and 10% neutral/even. Just go through Wizzle posts, that clown is so clueless and makes me laugh everytime i read this: OKC is on the revenge - easy game, revenge game for Kansas - pound, etc etc no wonder he hits under 35%, cheers.

BIGBOY88
    BIGBOY88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 787

so at the end of the day... ill or maryland???
    Points Awarded:

Luckycharms2012 gave BIGBOY88 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jeffchitown

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBOY88 View Post
    so at the end of the day... ill or maryland???
    LOL neither.. or throw a $1 at illinois money line

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    no fukkin way you wrote this baldy...the real jjgold would rubberband that shizz, brock landers

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by Covy View Post
    User name: cappin"terp"
    Maryland mascot nickname:terp

Homer pick

No thanks
    Born,raised and live in NJ......And I have said before: There is no easier money to be had than to fade a posters tout on his alma mater.

CappinTerp

​GO TERPS................................... ...................................! Fade,tail or pass,good luck to all!!

jeffchitown

​GO TERPS................................... ...................................! Fade,tail or pass,good luck to all!!
    Illinois is playing good defense but if they keep shooting like crap you got the -15 in the bag.

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

Maryland up 31-21 at halftime...I think Maryland will cover I bought it down to -14

JMon

Nicely done sir... but I don't believe you gave us all the information on this play!

CappinTerp

pissed off!!!!!!! Should have would have could have....OK lost the bet, on to next game......................

Birdman557

CappinTerp

wow..get this..I put the TV on pause a lot,to go have a smoke..came inside and TV is playing on another ch. My 2 girls both have their own TV,BUT recorded 2 shows on the TV downstairs,by default the MD game was booted!!!! SO pissed off I read the score wrong!!!! Then tell wife and 2 girls NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY!!!

JMon

lol..I was wondering what fuk you were talking about.

jjgold

terp!!!!

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
    Nicely done sir... but I don't believe you gave us all the information on this play!
    I did have more angles but at times don't want to get the write-up too long..............BOL

jeffchitown

wow..get this..I put the TV on pause a lot,to go have a smoke..came inside and TV is playing on another ch. My 2 girls both have their own TV,BUT recorded 2 shows on the TV downstairs,by default the MD game was booted!!!! SO pissed off I read the score wrong!!!! Then tell wife and 2 girls NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY!!!
    Lol! Good win for your team they needed it. Once I saw first 5-7 minutes of the game I could tell how off the shooting was for illinois. I knew you had a good chance at the -15 cover.

12 Last