tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I don't think he's going to play again since he won. I look for him to play a big role in another team.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

He is done. I'm sure he is happy he got a 2nd ring but his ego has to be bruised by the fact that the coaches didn't trust him to do anything more than not lose the game with his arm and turnovers. Add in the HGH story that will follow him much like it did Clemens and coming back is not going to happen.

He can now make a ton of shitty commercials and become a part owner of the Tennessee Titans once other owners force a sale of team to a group that includes Peyton.

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15181

He will be back as their QB coach maybe

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

His mom said he needs to retire. His dad says he needs to but if he doesn't he won't be back in Denver. I think he's done with playing.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

There is a 99% chance that he retires, and on the 1% chance that he returns, it would not be with the Broncos.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32243

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    He is done. I'm sure he is happy he got a 2nd ring but his ego has to be bruised by the fact that the coaches didn't trust him to do anything more than not lose the game with his arm and turnovers. Add in the HGH story that will follow him much like it did Clemens and coming back is not going to happen.

He can now make a ton of shitty commercials and become a part owner of the Tennessee Titans once other owners force a sale of team to a group that includes Peyton.

Bud's daughter has the team now and she doesn't know shit about football, Adams family ain't selling, and I'm not sure NFL can force it on them, but they are going to try, this isn't a LA Clipper deal however.

What Amy and Susie need to do is hire a couple of NFL lifers, put them on the board of directors in Tennessee, show Goddell that they have the NFL's best interest in mind.

Another mess is the Browns.
    Jimmy Haslem, who made his millions with the Pilot truck stop chain just settled with the feds on a fuel rebate scheme, Goodell and the boys did not like that, and Haslem is not really well liked to begin with.

Every thing Haslem has done, from hiring coach Chud, to Johnny Football has been a disaster.
    Billionaire with a 5 cent brain.
    Great gas prices though, Pilot always is always 4 to 8 cents less per gallon.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

For those of you who foolishly think that he is returning, I have $10k that says he is not. Name your poison boys.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Quote Originally Posted by megamillionslose View Post
    if he can play like absolute shit & still win a Super Bowl it would be a no brainer to try & one up his li'l bro before retiring. Phillips made Bubiak look like an absolute genius this season simply hiring him as the coordinator
    No. The defense was inspired every playoff game beyond their talent actually because of the fact it was Peyton's last run. They did it for him for all the games he destroyed the stat book in Denver the previous 3 seasons.

They wouldn't be able to reproduce these outcomes next season... what did the 86 Bears D do? (i want to google that now lol)

what did the 2001 Ravens D do?

etc

I guarantee Manning is done.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    For those of you who foolishly think that he is returning, I have $10k that says he is not. Name your poison boys.
    I'd put up $10,000 that no one has more foolish thoughts than you

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

lot of whining, anti peyton, wish my team was in it so i'll rip on him bitches in this thread. as a bronco fan your anguish sustains me.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Remember when Elways was on his way out and then ended up winning back-to-back SB's before retiring? Wouldn't be the least surprised if Elway talks him into staying and replicating the same success.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    Remember when Elways was on his way out and then ended up winning back-to-back SB's before retiring? Wouldn't be the least surprised if Elway talks him into staying and replicating the same success.
    Elway at least looked decent in his last 2 years. Manning didn't look very good this year before his injury and looked rough at the end of the previous year. I am sure Elway recognized this.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Wade Phillips made Denver head coach look like genious??? Or was it the plsyers...when do u guys ever learn...did u give buddy Ryan the genious title who didn't win again with his 46 defense..enough trying to believe dome grey haired 65 yr old is making a difference.

nyplayer33

Yes he's done..only posters in this board believe Peyton wants to one up his brother...these guys don't care. Peyton is 20 times better then mentally challenged eli..Eli had a few very good playoff games.

nyplayer33

You guys make me laugh..how the players won it for peyton..watch the behavior of the players and not dome fairy tale bs. It's a game of huge physical and adrenaline rush..I strongly doubt demarcus ware did anything on his mind or physical abilities during super bowl to have his motives inspired by peyton..you guys love to add bs to story. Funny how the defensive player got those fouls and taunting..bec ax use they play for themselves and it's the adrenaline rush..not cause they were thinking of old mm an peyton..also Denver won cause tooth fairy helped them..all nonsense.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

He's done, stop
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: slacker00

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Thisthread is complete nonsense. There is no way he comes back. Why would he?

He has nothing to prove and was damn lucky to even make it through this season.

Quit being stupid. His legacy is cemented already.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    If manning comes back that defense won't be able to come back. Several guys need to get paid. Manning is not gonna accept like 2 million is he?
    Yeah, Denver is gonna get picked apart quickly in free agency. Manning and Clady both are instant cuts. I don't even want to know how much they'll have to pay Von Miller and Brock Osweiler. There's no way they can hold that team together, there's so many contracts coming up this off season. Contrast this to Carolina who is basically bringing everyone back, including KB.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

If anyone knows how to break the cap rules it's Denver! Remember Elways late playing days in 90's?

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Yeah, Denver is gonna get picked apart quickly in free agency. Manning and Clady both are instant cuts. I don't even want to know how much they'll have to pay Von Miller and Brock Osweiler. There's no way they can hold that team together, there's so many contracts coming up this off season. Contrast this to Carolina who is basically bringing everyone back, including KB.
    Franchise Von, give Brock a funny money, incentive laden contract, pick one of the two between C.J. Anderson and Hillman (prob Anderson) and resign McManus. Not that hard. The money you save dumping Manning and Clady make up for the rest. The real pain comes in 2 years when you have to pay Miller $100 million and depending on what Brock does. He may be riding the bench by then. Toss up really, I don't see this team back in the playoffs next year.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Franchise Von, give Brock a funny money, incentive laden contract, pick one of the two between C.J. Anderson and Hillman (prob Anderson) and resign McManus. Not that hard. The money you save dumping Manning and Clady make up for the rest. The real pain comes in 2 years when you have to pay Miller $100 million and depending on what Brock does. He may be riding the bench by then. Toss up really, I don't see this team back in the playoffs next year.
    Von: Franchise tag is a band-aid fix. Ok, one year and then what? It might be the right way, but it's flimsy.

Brock: Will Brock accept a funny munny deal? Brock could win the lottery on the open market.

Malik Jackson: Keep, but at what cost? The key to that D, I could see a team throwing a big deal at him.

Danny Travathan: Gone. Typical type of guy that gets overpaid on the open market after a SB win.

Brandon Marshall: He'll be back. He's too valuable, especially because they'll lose Travathan.

McCrary/Davis: Depth linebackers. They'll be back, but two more contractual mouths to feed.

Keo/Bruton/Bolden/Bush: Depth secondary guys, but I could see 1 or 2 getting snapped up by other teams.

CJ Anderson: He's coming back, just a matter of inking a sensible contract.

Ronnie Hillman: Some team will overpay him just to bring in a SB champion player.

Matt Paradis: Gotta keep him, but still needs to be paid as a SB champion.

Ryan Harris, Evan Mathis, Tyler Polumbus, Ryan Clady: All gone? Denver may do an o-line reboot.

Sam Brenner: Back. Backup center, depth o-line guy. He's young, maybe work his way in at guard?

Jordan Norwood: His nice punt return in the SB probably nets him an overrated payday from some team.

Fowler/Caldwell/Williams: Depth WRs. Fowler probably comes back. I could give or take the other 2.

Vernon Davis: Gone. He was never a fit anyway.

Antonio Smith: 34 year old depth DE. Not really a huge factor either way.

McManus. Bring him back. But just another straw on the contractual Camel's back.

Peyton. Gone. They need his $19M of cap space just to try and hold on to some of their current free agents.

So, that's 27 guys up in the air. SB champs usually get shook up, but I can't recall a shakeup this big.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Useless thread

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Useless thread
    I just looked at your post history, welcome to my ignore list. Useless post after useless post.

First 12