DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    You cant be as stoopid as you are.

You just cant be.

This level of stoopid isnt supposed to exist...
    acoochy's father

please don't have children koala rooster_eater

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Will someone please tell me why someone would blow 200 million on their campaign to make a President wage?

Pride? Prestige? Power? Retarded?

Someone please explain this.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Yes and Trump is a media-created celebrity. The notion of electing a president who actually has political or military experience is hardly a media-driven notion. Just the opposite. The notion of electing a president without any political or high-ranking military experience (like Trump) is media driven. Would have never been possible before today's media and celebrity driven society. How do I know? Because it's never happened. Trump would be the first President ever without any political, government or high-ranking military experience. Now, you may say "good." Fine. But don't act like his loss would be media-driven when it's just the opposite. Before today's media-driven society, his candidacy would never even have been plausible. Modern media-driven society is the reason that a celebrity without any experience could be elected, whether it's this year or some time in the future. We can disagree on whether such a thing is positive or not. I say not.
    Same could b said for Obama

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonae101 View Post
    Same could b said for Obama
    There may be some element to that, but clearly not the same. Obama was neither a billionaire nor a famous reality TV personality when he became president. He became "promoted" (if you want to use that word) by the media through political speeches that he gave. Nobody knew about him before he became a senator.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    There may be some element to that, but clearly not the same. Obama was neither a billionaire nor a famous reality TV personality when he became president. He became "promoted" (if you want to use that word) by the media through political speeches that he gave. Nobody knew about him before he became a senator.
    I was referring to race side more than anything. 20 years ago even few would have thought they would see a black president. But because of the media, it was made possible. It's amazing how powerful of a tool it is

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonae101 View Post
    I was referring to race side more than anything. 20 years ago even few would have thought they would see a black president. But because of the media, it was made possible. It's amazing how powerful of a tool it is

sure is considering to this day there has not been a black president yet everyone thinks there is one in the oval office right now... but it isn't really the media as much as it is people just want to be told what to think.
    Last edited by brooks85; 02-03-16 at 03:04 PM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    From what ive read he's put less than 2M into his campaign already and around half of that was spent on those retarded slogan hats of his...

Guy has ZERO idea about how politics works and last night proved that....
    Once again an Australian is busy fascinating himself over a loud mouth American egomaniac that has no impact on anything related to Australia. Seems odd to me.

First 12