packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

I noticed quite a few of the Qb's from the 80's have had kids born with mental defects,Boomer Esiason,Jim Kelly and Dan Marino were some of the guys I remember hearing about.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    I noticed quite a few of the Qb's from the 80's have had kids born with mental defects,Boomer Esiason,Jim Kelly and Dan Marino were some of the guys I remember hearing about.
    I remember that was so strange. I think Doug Flutie also had a son with a disability.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

The doctor who was portrayed by Will Smith in the 2015 movie “Concussion” said he believes parents who allow kids to play impact sports are basically abusing their children.

Dr. Bennet Omalu was in Reno, Nevada, this week to speak at a local university and told the Reno Gazette Journal that allowing kids to play impact sports like football, ice hockey and wrestling is very dangerous.

He said allowing anyone under the age of 18 to participate is potential critically harmful, and that even one childhood concussion can lead to educational and emotional issues, including dropping out of school.

“If that is not child abuse,” he told the Gazette Journal, “I don’t know what is....You are exposing that child to the risk of brain damage. It is a 100 percent risk exposure.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/spo...#storylink=cpy

MadeInDetroit
    MadeInDetroit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2052

It will move in the trend like boxing... eventually only poor people will play it and the sport will gradually shrink (but still exist).

First 12