Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

"I find it ironic that somebody who has made their living and has made millions and millions of dollars from the very people that you're talking about boycotting just because you didn't get a nomination, just because you didn't win?" said Hubert. "That's not the way life works, baby."

Janet Hubert was the original woman who played Will Smith's aunt on The Fresh Price and apparently there has been bad blood between her and Will Smith ever since she was let go from the show and replaced with another actress.
    Last edited by Kermit; 01-19-16 at 01:51 PM.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20385

So give them their "Participant" trophy and call it a day.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3423

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    spike lee is an asshole.

straight outta compton was a decent movie but they should know its target audience isn't the oscar voters.
    I think alot of the people that saw it were White Liberals, who figure it makes them look better in black folks eyes to say they watched it.

Never liked Spike,find the guy to be very obnoxious.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 01-19-16 at 04:33 PM.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Wasn't Spike Lee the assclown that tweeted out the wrong address for George Zimmerman and put the lives of innocent people in danger?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Tyler Perry should have made a Madea goes to SBR

Madea you broke. Boy you so crazy. Cackle cackle cackle

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3423

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Wasn't Spike Lee the assclown that tweeted out the wrong address for George Zimmerman and put the lives of innocent people in danger?
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...mmerman-tweet/

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Need to ban the NBA because enough Hispanics did not win awards. Ban hip hop also for the lack of Asians involved.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Edit: Nevermind. KLC posted pretty much same thing I did.

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    How does "Ride Along 2" not even get an Oscar nomination?? Did it come out too late?
    was thinking "fifty shades of black" myself

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

ITS GOOD BLACKS ARE BOYCOTTING THE OSCARS NOW PEOPLE DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HAVING THERE WALLETS LIFTED

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

I agree. No blacks running for the Democratic presidential nomination. Boycott them in November elections.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Shots fired by Aunt Vivian

https://youtu.be/N9eY-kKXBnQ
    If she keeps this up, YouTube will replace her with a different Aunt Viv.
    Points Awarded:

greenhippo gave The Giant 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Can't stand Spike Lee and I'm not a racist.. Never liked that little white racist weasel...

I'm not feeling this race card thing in Hollywood, white guys are simply better actors then blacks still, and I'm sorry if the famous blacks in Hollywood are bitching and moaning over it... That's keeping it real..

Guys like Denzel Washington, Wil Smith, Morgan Freeman and Samuel Jackson are outstanding actors though... Worthy of Oscar considerations perhaps...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-20-16 at 10:07 AM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Is this about Will Smith in that new football movie about concussions?

I personally believe he's horrible at playing that part.

That accent was lousy.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Kanye west for president

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10238

What are Oscars?

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19428

Good job black people- you and Mel Gibson have something in common

RickyRoma
    RickyRoma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

Spike Lee has some fcking nerve, he's not giving Oscar back. What a hypocrite.

RickyRoma
    RickyRoma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

Systematic racism effects all minorities, Black's especially EVERY DAY maybe not the same ones all the time buy often enough there's a significant wage gap among other gaps that hinder blacks. If that issue is resolved first then black ppl can stop complaining about it.
    Last edited by SBR Genie; 07-03-20 at 11:36 AM. Reason: edited the multi-qoute reply

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Blacks have never done anything worthy of an award other than for most welfare babies by different men

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RickyRoma View Post
    Systematic racism effects all minorities, Black's especially EVERY DAY maybe not the same ones all the time buy often enough there's a significant wage gap among other gaps that hinder blacks. If that issue is resolved first then black ppl can stop complaining about it.
    Actually, no. Even if you bend over backwards and give into the demands of any group, whether it be by race, sex, or pay grade, it'll never be enough. Groups will then push the line a little more. That's how they are programmed. Easier to whine and bellyache then to actually work for it.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Is this about Will Smith in that new football movie about concussions?

I personally believe he's horrible at playing that part.

That accent was lousy.
    TELL DA TOOTH!

I've seen better acting from Corky on Life Goes On

Blacks of course feel anything the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is in deserves an Oscar...look Will Smith is good in Men in Black and Independence Day and roles that are basically cartoonish...he's the black Robert Downey Jr....act ridiculously overconfident and say a few funny catchphrases and that's it

Oh the world's about the be blown up by aliens in 30 seconds welp anybody got the time (puts on shades) bc its time TO KICK SOME ALIEN ASS! THAT'S the role Will Smith was born to play...but the problem is you don't get many Academy Awards for it
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 01-20-16 at 06:01 AM.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Al Sharpton asking for a boycott of the show, requesting people not to watch it. I think this is the first time I have ever agreed with Al Sharpton. Of course, I wasn't planning on watching that elitist garbage in the first place.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    TELL DA TOOTH!

I've seen better acting from Corky on Life Goes On

Blacks of course feel anything the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is in deserves an Oscar...look Will Smith is good in Men in Black and Independence Day and roles that are basically cartoonish...he's the black Robert Downey Jr....act ridiculously overconfident and say a few funny catchphrases and that's it

Oh the world's about the be blown up by aliens in 30 seconds welp anybody got the time (puts on shades) bc its time TO KICK SOME ALIEN ASS! THAT'S the role Will Smith was born to play...but the problem is you don't get many Academy Awards for it
    Ha, I remember some of my black friends raving over his performance in Seven Pounds. They said he deserved an oscar for that role. I guess they forgot it was an awful movie that was universally panned be critics.

It's like when their favorite black actor who usually does action-adventure/comedies show his "range" with a dramatic role, he automatically deserves an award.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

They are boycotting the 98% white voters. I agree with the protest. Over 90% are white males over 63 . And for the guy who said Denzel just won a Golden Globes award: This is true, but it's not the Oscars. Having said that, I hope my bou Leo win this year because he deserves it.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    They are boycotting the 98% white voters. I agree with the protest. Over 90% are white males over 63 . And for the guy who said Denzel just won a Golden Globes award: This is true, but it's not the Oscars. Having said that, I hope my bou Leo win this year because he deserves it.
    Denzel won an oscar for Training Day

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    So give them their "Participant" trophy and call it a day.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    Denzel won an oscar for Training Day
    No they took it away when they found out he was black....told him they don't give Oscars to niggers...admittedly that was a bit racist
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 01-20-16 at 07:31 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RickyRoma View Post
    Spike Lee has some fcking nerve, he's not giving Oscar back. What a hypocrite.
    I remember back in the day wishing Shaq would go running head first for an out of bounds ball and taking out Spike Lee in the 1st row at a Knicks game... It never happened

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Blacks have never done anything worthy of an award
    I gotta disagree -

A black man invented refrigeration and air conditioning which I think was one of the greatest achievements next to discovering electricity.. Props to that black man!!!

http://www.black-inventor.com/Freder...nley-Jones.asp

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Actually, no. Even if you bend over backwards and give into the demands of any group, whether it be by race, sex, or pay grade, it'll never be enough. Groups will then push the line a little more. That's how they are programmed. Easier to whine and bellyache then to actually work for it.
    I agree, once you get on the path of receiving free hand outs it like a raging river that doesn't stop and it's passed down to generations..

I use to manage apartment buildings in the hood and everyone I practically rented to at the time was on Section 8 free housing and or welfare. I go back to visit friends once in a while now and some of the kids of those parents I rented too are on welfare, section 8 and or disability now.. It's a vicious cycle as there are literally communities of people in the hood waiting by the mailboxes at the end of the month for those Government checks to come..

It's just crazy and out of control!!!
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-20-16 at 10:10 AM.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I gotta disagree -

A black man invented refrigeration and air conditioning which I think was one of the greatest achievements next to discovering electricity.. Props to that black man!!!

http://www.black-inventor.com/Freder...nley-Jones.asp
    Oh c'mon invented refrigeration and air conditioning....yea right....seriously bro c'mon at least read your article the only thing he did was adapt refrigeration to trucks (a whitey with Downs Syndrome would've figured that out)....I mean really there's no need for this we all know the only thing blacks have discovered is welfare.

If I put a lightbulb in a car do you credit me for inventing the lightbulb?

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 169

#worthlessblackmoviesmatter

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    #worthlessblackmoviesmatter

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Oh c'mon invented refrigeration and air conditioning....yea right....seriously bro c'mon at least read your article the only thing he did was adapt refrigeration to trucks (a whitey with Downs Syndrome would've figured that out)....I mean really there's no need for this we all know the only thing blacks have discovered is welfare.

If I put a lightbulb in a car do you credit me for inventing the lightbulb?
    He played a big part and started the ball rolling.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_conditioning

First 123 Last