TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Carolina Panthers open as only a 3 point favorite

At home

I think the books are going for the full public BURIAL in this game.

I'll wait until I get +3.5 and hammer Cardinals.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    At home

I think the books are going for the full public BURIAL in this game.

I'll wait until I get +3.5 and hammer Cardinals.
    I got +3.5 yesterday before it moved to 3. Also took ml +160.

Feel great about it. Zona needed a tough game. That zona offense will shred t panthers.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

About right. This will be a tough game

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

3.5 then a lock with Arizona

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

agree with zona at +3.5, good luck!

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I got +3.5 yesterday before it moved to 3. Also took ml +160.

Feel great about it. Zona needed a tough game. That zona offense will shred t panthers.
    Not if Palmer performs like he did against GB. CAR will win this Game.

Calgunner23
    Things that go BANG mostly.
    Calgunner23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Agree. I don't think anyone is shredding anyone in that game. 24-20 Carolina, hopefully.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

want to backtest that theory ?
    your theory being that if a line opens under what you think it should be
    that the team which isn't as favored as much as you thought they would be
    are not going to cover ? It must be because Vegas oddsmakers are seers.
    Why do some of you assign the line such predictive largesse ?
    As if the line were -6 you wouldn't want the Cards. Rather have 3 than 6 ?
    So a team that inches past a non-100% Green Bay in OT on its home field
    is going to finish with a FG at Carolina who are undefeated at home
    (and indeed, undefeated except for one game they didn't care much about).
    Last edited by Snowball; 01-18-16 at 11:25 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Marcus Cicero gave Snowball 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    That's the whole thing. All the perception is palmer will stink again. Zona has had 2 tough games in a row. It will help them to be on the road away from family.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I like Cardinals ML. They will either win or lose big.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

well as an ex bengal season ticket holder; rumor had it he was color blind. why he throws those picks.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Seems like a teaser is the way to go, doesn't matter what you pick. All teaser bets in the NFL won this weekend.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

It's either caro -3 or no play at all. To call arizona even at +3.5 a lock is utterly crazy. No side is a lock and the play is caro -3. The line won't get to 2.5 or 3.5. It will stay all 3 all week unless news of a major injury comes out

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Cards are going to lose. Palmer will struggle on the road. Dome teams are soft.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

If the Panthers got to Russel Wilson what makes you think they won't get to Carson. Palmer?

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Palmer's finger mangled, can't throw a good ball. Mix that in with he's a perennial choke artist...Panthers/Pats Super Bowl.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Cards are going to lose. Palmer will struggle on the road. Dome teams are soft.

lakerboy

The zona wr corps will have a field day.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2714

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    The zona wr corps will have a field day.
    It won't matter if Carson Palmer doesn't have enough time to throw it to them...Carolina will bring the heat early and often and they will swarm Palmer like a mad hornets nest very similar to what they did to Russell Wilson...and the results will be the same...carson gets hit, hurried, and sacked multiple times and will throw at least 2 ints.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

im looking at the texture for this game and liking AZ as well

Bigh2001
    Bigh2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1458

You would think that most of the people on here learned a lesson after backing Seattle last week. Do you really think that carolina is going to lose at home to Arizona after knocking off the two time NFC champs?

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Carolina still hasn't sold me.. I don't care how great their season was.. when panthers beat seattle it didn't impress me one bit.. seattle beat themselves. Arizona has way too many offensive power for me not lean their way

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

if the line was 7 the books would just get the juice. but theres not but 2 games so this shows you there are hogs

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

Arizona is loosely a dome team. They play on a grass field in a retractable roof stadium. Hardly soft either and Palmer has played the majority of his career outside. In fairly temperate Charlotte I don't think this is an issue. In Minnesota maybe it's an issue.

Calgunner23
    Things that go BANG mostly.
    Calgunner23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

In the words on a dummy.... WRONG! LOL

Just wanted to say that, we'll see who wins though.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Carolina really was not impressive after 1st qtr

Seattle would of won if game if it went 5 more minutes
    Points Awarded:

SBRMAN23 gave jjgold 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

POISON
    POISON's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12889

Cardinals offense will torch Carolina on deep passes, their secondary won't hold up. Newton will get clobbered by Cardinals blitzing. ..

Bigh2001

looks like more posters are getting buried this weekend. take carolina before it's too late

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Bigh2001 View Post
    looks like more posters are getting buried this weekend. take carolina before it's too late
    only folks that cant manage their money will get buried, nobody knows who the hell gonna win this game any more than any other game we all just taking guesses at, some more educated than others but guesses none the less. it cute you think you know the outcome any more than everyone else, maybe you think because you had panthers last week that somehow means you do? news flash-it doesnt..

not only is money management more important it was really hard to get buried last week considering damn near ever imaginable teaser hit, even the totals outside of carolina could all have been teased both directions and cashed.

maybe when blessing everyone with your crystal ball like advice you should consider at least lending to the entertainment value and giving some type of logic and reasoning behind it. surely if you know the outcome you at least have a idea how this one will play out? or do you just get like a glimpse of a monday morning ticker and it shows you the score?

Bigh2001

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    only folks that cant manage their money will get buried, nobody knows who the hell gonna win this game any more than any other game we all just taking guesses at, some more educated than others but guesses none the less. it cute you think you know the outcome any more than everyone else, maybe you think because you had panthers last week that somehow means you do? news flash-it doesnt..

not only is money management more important it was really hard to get buried last week considering damn near ever imaginable teaser hit, even the totals outside of carolina could all have been teased both directions and cashed.

maybe when blessing everyone with your crystal ball like advice you should consider at least lending to the entertainment value and giving some type of logic and reasoning behind it. surely if you know the outcome you at least have a idea how this one will play out? or do you just get like a glimpse of a monday morning ticker and it shows you the score?
    people are still doubting a 16-1 team and thinking they are going to lose to Carson Palmer with the super bowl on the line. I don't see any logic in that. The panthers defensive line is going to own this game and force Palmer into multiple mistakes. Panthers by 2 touchdowns.

better?

dumpsterdiver
    dumpsterdiver's Avatar Become A Pro!

Panthers do let teams come back too often when they have huge lead. Happened at least a couple of times during regular season, happened again in that seattle game. Some day this has to bite them in the ass........

2daBank

people are still doubting a 16-1 team and thinking they are going to lose to Carson Palmer with the super bowl on the line. I don't see any logic in that. The panthers defensive line is going to own this game and force Palmer into multiple mistakes. Panthers by 2 touchdowns.

better?
    yep. the defensive line will have to dominate, on plays they dont get to palmer as mentioned by others his wr's will roast that secondary. norman is shut down no doubt but cards dont rely on one big play wr for their offense..

panthers are the favs, them winning wouldnt be a surprise but 2 tds when they have been incapable of shutting down far lessor passing attacks in the second halves of games all season? last season they played cards with a 5th string qb that will never see a nfl field again in the playoffs and won by 11 in a gm zona was leading at halftime.

panthers are 16-1, did you know zona is 14-3 with one of those losses being a throw away game at the end and playing the much tougher schedule?

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    yep. the defensive line will have to dominate, on plays they dont get to palmer as mentioned by others his wr's will roast that secondary. norman is shut down no doubt but cards dont rely on one big play wr for their offense..

panthers are the favs, them winning wouldnt be a surprise but 2 tds when they have been incapable of shutting down far lessor passing attacks in the second halves of games all season? last season they played cards with a 5th string qb that will never see a nfl field again in the playoffs and won by 11 in a gm zona was leading at halftime.

panthers are 16-1, did you know zona is 14-3 with one of those losses being a throw away game at the end and playing the much tougher schedule?
    & another one of them losses to landry jones... hmmmm Its very tedious to hone in on on who has the true advantage as of today. including injuries, including last games performance, including each teams flaw, including each teams forte.. including what officials are calling the game.. who the refs are secretely in love with..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    & another one of them losses to landry jones... hmmmm Its very tedious to hone in on on who has the true advantage as of today. including injuries, including last games performance, including each teams flaw, including each teams forte.. including what officials are calling the game.. who the refs are secretely in love with..
    Nobody freaking knows. I have thought zona was the best team since last season (so naturally I like them), unfortunately last year they were stuck playing guys off the street at qb. Sure Palmer played like shit last week but he still a upgrade over dudes they trotted out last season after he got hurt. A lot of it comes down to was palmers play last week more do due to his hand injury or nerves? Can anyone say? If it was nerves reasonable to think he can overcome that after finally getting a playoff win, if his throws sailing cause he can't properly grip the damn ball then they in trouble.

To me the panthers being the overall more talented group is a very tough argument to make, doesn't mean they can't or won't win. Personally I think zona in the +140-150 range is the right play but I'm wrong all the freaking time and certainly not gonna sit here like half these clowns and say I know the outcome or it some lock. I just happen to think they win this game more often than ml suggest.

Bigh2001

better?
    I underestimated the Panthers.

12 Last