Chip will have success in SF like Reid having success in KC

And Philly.....

Well, they're gonna keep being Philly

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Seems like a square peg, round hole combination to me.
    He will Chip the peg with his chisel and make it fit.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    My guess is SF goes 12-4 and makes the playoffs

Loaded Philly couldn't even take down a crippled NFC East this year

And Philly.....

My thoughts exactly.

Sharp post

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

24 Million Dollar Deal. 4 Years at 6 Million a pop?

Shocking.

What am I missing here?

What did he do for Philadelphia?

Apparently the wages are going up in the NFL for coaches. Clearly not worth the amount.

Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6139

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    My guess is SF goes 12-4 and makes the playoffs

Loaded Philly couldn't even take down a crippled NFC East this year

And Philly.....

What was Philly 'loaded' with this year? A WR corps that couldn't catch and a QB who was coming back after basically not playing for an entire season? I wouldn't call that loaded.

As far as Reid having success in KC, is that a dig at Philly in some way? They gave him 14 years to coach there - his ending years in Philly were forgettable and changes needed to be made. 14 years is enough............

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Mush4Life View Post
    What was Philly 'loaded' with this year? A WR corps that couldn't catch and a QB who was coming back after basically not playing for an entire season? I wouldn't call that loaded.

As far as Reid having success in KC, is that a dig at Philly in some way? They gave him 14 years to coach there - his ending years in Philly were forgettable and changes needed to be made. 14 years is enough............
    Oh I get it now. So Marvin Lewis is on the Andy Reid program.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    24 Million Dollar Deal. 4 Years at 6 Million a pop?

Shocking.

What am I missing here?

What did he do for Philadelphia?

Apparently the wages are going up in the NFL for coaches. Clearly not worth the amount.
    So about $1 million per win.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

49ers on the up , put kap back in at qb , draft a good pass catching rb , and tread well at wr

Have kap in shotgun all the time watch this offense go

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Do 49ers go 8-8?

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8560

they play Seattle, Arizona and Rams twice. 2-4 at best. 1-5 most likely. That leaves 10 games.

8 wins is very optimistic.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

5 Wins including 2 moral victories.

Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

I really like the move...I think Kaepernick will have success with chip Kelly as a coach...

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 145

If 49ers win 4 games next year I will be suprised. That owner threw his team in the toilet letting Harbaugh walk now he just pulled the handle to flush what he had left. Guy is a fukin moron.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Why all this talk about Kaepernick? It is highly unlikely Kap will be back with the 49ers next season, if they cannot work out a trade for him, they will probably outright release him before April 1 when his 2016 contract calling for almost $12 million would become fully guaranteed.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Why all this talk about Kaepernick? It is highly unlikely Kap will be back with the 49ers next season, if they cannot work out a trade for him, they will probably outright release him before April 1 when his 2016 contract calling for almost $12 million would become fully guaranteed.
    Good to see a poster throw in some actual facts as opposed to the typical horseshit most spew on subjects they have zero knowledge of.

Keep up the good work men

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Regardless of Kap....I think this is a great hire for the Niners.

Chip is a no-nonsense type of coach, to go along with being one of the more innovative football minds in the NFL.
    Niners will be a different team now.

I'm impressed.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I thought he was doomed, this could change plans. Many think that Kap could be the best thing to happen Kelly. I still think there are problems in management.

To your point, the 49ers never told Kap they were bringing Kelly on board, never discussed it with him. Like I said before, Kap's 4th quarter decision making is a serious concern for them.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

If he can't pass a physical they cannot release him

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I thought he was doomed, this could change plans. Many think that Kap could be the best thing to happen Kelly. I still think there are problems in management.

To your point, the 49ers never told Kap they were bringing Kelly on board, never discussed it with him. Like I said before, Kap's 4th quarter decision making is a serious concern for them.

This was just posted yesterday:

SF - QB Colin Kaepernick has guaranteed contract

Source: ESPN.com - Paul Gutierrez

San Francisco 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick's 2016 contract becomes fully guaranteed for injury come April 1, and the 49ers would have to pay him $11.9 million. Many believe the 49ers might try to trade or release him before then.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Early reports indicate that Kaepernick is not going to be the team's quarterback in 2016. New head coach Chip Kelly may want to go with a better passer, and he'll make a move to find a different quarterback. We can't imagine any team trading for Kaepernick, so look for him to be released before the April 1st deadline.

Source: footballguys.com
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

As the San Francisco 49ers continue to struggle through yet another lost season, speculation surrounding Chip Kelly's future will only intensify.

The veteran head coach's success at the college level has predictably caused many to wonder whether he'd entertain offers from that level at some point in the near future, but all indications are that he's still committed to the 49ers.

Kelly is not interested in a return to Oregon, nor the idea of taking any other college coaching jobs, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Kelly himself has denied interest in bolting from the NFL, saying "I'm not going anywhere" when asked if he'll remain with the team in 2017.

While a 1-7 record through the first half of the season actually represents a regression from last year's disastrous campaign under Jim Tomsula, a star coach like Kelly would presumably be given more time to lead a turnaround.

That factor, combined with his apparent willingness to see the rebuild through, makes it fair to assume that he'll be in the Bay Area for at least another season.

Kelly and the 49ers will look to rebound from a seven-game losing streak by getting back in the win column Sunday against the New Orleans Saints.

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/114...medium=twitter

First 12