El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Honey Badger Out for Season

Torn left ACL, tore his right one already. This begs the question: Why the fukk is he on the field, up 20pts. in the 4th quarter??? Arians does this shit all the time. Finally bit him. Kid tears his ACL non-contact after a meaningless INT...fukkkkkkkk

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

That sucks.

ToPHeR
    ToPHeR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

Most tears happen non contact anyways...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Why are these tears happening?

They never did before?????

Over training??

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2335

The field at Lincoln Financial sucks. They let Temple use it on Saturdays, Army/Navy played there last week and by the end of the year that turf is crap. Its one of those 99% real turf/1% synthetic hybrid surfaces, not sure how it affects the footing but it looks beat up.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Over training??
    Too many players have Vaginas nowadays.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Thought this was about Nick Cummings

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Fuk him. He quit.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Over training??
    which is crazy right because the old turf was basically carpet over cement...,jj you remember that stuff? Dudes used to get tackled and lose all their elbow/fore arm skin. Was brutal the early turf

jjgold

How come NBA players do no tear them weekly?

It must be grass and turf

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2335

I'm STILL pissed the Eagles passed over him TWICE in the draft. And they needed a safety the whole time!

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24743

Honey Badger don't care.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Its gonna cost them.

SportsGEEEEK
    SportsGEEEEK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

That's a shame. Honey Badger proved everyone wrong when someone gave him a chance in the NFL. He's become an outstanding player and was in the running for defensive player of the year. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Eddy Munny, he definitely cares. They have a legit chance to win the Super Bowl and he could of been a part of it. It's a shame.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24743

Quote Originally Posted by SportsGEEEEK View Post
    Eddy Munny, he definitely cares.
    Agree to disagree. The word on the street is that the Honey Badger don't give a shit...

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

That's a shame. Honey Badger proved everyone wrong when someone gave him a chance in the NFL. He's become an outstanding player and was in the running for defensive player of the year. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Eddy Munny, he definitely cares. They have a legit chance to win the Super Bowl and he could of been a part of it. It's a shame.
    Agree. He got his shit together and came back tough after 1 ACL tear. Here we go again. I kept screaming at the tv, why is Palmer in there?! No reason for Palmer, Johnson, Fitz, Campbell, Peterson, Matthieu to be out there after that pick 6 sealed the game. Bradford was not coming back down 3 TD's in the 4th. Just dumb. Now you are without a top 10 DB in the league for the playoffs. Hugh loss.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

It happened right in front of me and I called it before it even happened. The Eagles already had a lot of their backups in and yet the cards still had guys like him in the game. I told some cards fan next to me that they deserve to have someone get hurt... And then he did. Bad coaching

SportsGEEEEK

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Agree. He got his shit together and came back tough after 1 ACL tear. Here we go again. I kept screaming at the tv, why is Palmer in there?! No reason for Palmer, Johnson, Fitz, Campbell, Peterson, Matthieu to be out there after that pick 6 sealed the game. Bradford was not coming back down 3 TD's in the 4th. Just dumb. Now you are without a top 10 DB in the league for the playoffs. Hugh loss.
    Yeah that hurts the Cardinals SB chances but, I still believe in them. I'd still pick them to beat the Panthers. They're the best team in the NFL, IMO.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Hindsight is always 20/20 but I agree they should have let some 2nd stringers in for the key players. Would be great to have him in the playoffs but I think they'll be fine.

SportsGEEEEK

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    It happened right in front of me and I called it before it even happened. The Eagles already had a lot of their backups in and yet the cards still had guys like him in the game. I told some cards fan next to me that they deserve to have someone get hurt... And then he did. Bad coaching
    It's not easy to make that decision. These are players who love the game and want to play the entire game. No one deserves to get hurt because the coach didn't decide to rest his players. They get paid millions of dollars to play, they take the risk of getting hurt every snap. When they're winning big, I highly doubt the players want to come off the field. It's not an easy call for the coaches to make.

denn333
    Update your status
    denn333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

It is an easy call, pull your starters and play a prevent when your up 20 late in the 4th.

mikefan1034
    mikefan1034's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

Quote Originally Posted by denn333 View Post
    It is an easy call, pull your starters and play a prevent when your up 20 late in the 4th.
    Yea? Carolina tried to do that and almost lost the game. Ur clueless

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Next man up

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by mikefan1034 View Post
    Yea? Carolina tried to do that and almost lost the game. Ur clueless
    It happened when they were up 23 with 2 min left

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Honey Badger don't care.

Eddy...these fellas don't get your humor!!
    Points Awarded:

Eddy Munny gave opie1988 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

How come NBA players do no tear them weekly?

It must be grass and turf
    NBA players aren't on roids and carrying around an extra fifty+ pounds that their frames were never naturally designed or expected to handle.

This guy is 5'9" 190lbs. I lift everyday and play a couple sports. I'm much taller than him at 6'2", yet I'm also 190lbs. Years ago I thought it would be fun to see how big I could get. After hitting around 205, I called it quits because I started getting knee tendinitis from playing basketball, plus changing directions at full speed felt risky. I've got almost half a foot on this dude and we're the same weight, and it's not like I'm skinny.

The other thing is that basketball players rarely run full speed. Not only is it basically impossible to run full speed while dribbling a basketball, but in the rare cases when guys are full on sprinting in a basketball game, they're usually running in a straight line. The change of direction is where you'll more likely tear a knee ligament.

POOLSIDE

Ugh. Fail.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Arians is a fukking idiot and always does shit like this. earlier in the 2H Johnson took a vicious hit and got his knee bent back, yet Arians kept putting him back in and literally ran him into the ground until the 2 minute warning. just sick stuff, i'm shocked he didn't get hurt as well.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    NBA players aren't on roids and carrying around an extra fifty+ pounds that their frames were never naturally designed or expected to handle.

This guy is 5'9" 190lbs. I lift everyday and play a couple sports. I'm much taller than him at 6'2", yet I'm also 190lbs. Years ago I thought it would be fun to see how big I could get. After hitting around 205, I called it quits because I started getting knee tendinitis from playing basketball, plus changing directions at full speed felt risky. I've got almost half a foot on this dude and we're the same weight, and it's not like I'm skinny.

The other thing is that basketball players rarely run full speed. Not only is it basically impossible to run full speed while dribbling a basketball, but in the rare cases when guys are full on sprinting in a basketball game, they're usually running in a straight line. The change of direction is where you'll more likely tear a knee ligament.
    excellent post guy!

SportsGEEEEK

Ugh. Fail.
    How is this a fail? And too say all NFL players are on roids is ridiculous. The reason NFL players are tearing their ACL's over NBA players is because there is contact. Yes, some are non-contact and that has nothing to do with the sport when that happens. It could happen to soccer players or hockey players.

SportsGEEEEK

These players have nutritionist's telling them when to eat during the day down to the exact calorie and time to gain weight. It's all a science. Eating the right amount of carbs and proteins and fats each day will make you gain weight. Look at actors when they need to gain weight for a role. Bradley Cooper gained nearly 40 pounds for their American Sniper role and that wasn't because of steroids. Gaining weight is all science and percentage of carbs and proteins and the right time after working out etc.

POOLSIDE

How is this a fail? And too say all NFL players are on roids is ridiculous. The reason NFL players are tearing their ACL's over NBA players is because there is contact. Yes, some are non-contact and that has nothing to do with the sport when that happens. It could happen to soccer players or hockey players.
    Lol chill. It's a fail because you responded seriously to a honey badger don't give a shit comment, which is clearly a reference to one of the most famous internet videos of the last several years. Did you somehow think that someone doesn't care that he tore his acl?

And I never said all nfl players are on roids. But if you think the percentage of football players on juice isn't astronomically higher than every other major sport in America, you're a lunatic. Have you seen Reggie Bush's neck? No, you haven't. No one has in years because his shoulders are in the way. That's from sweet potatoes?

I know a lot about nutrition in relation to weight. I just told you I gained twenty pounds. That doesn't happen by luck. It was very calculated. I know the difference between food and juice, especially when it happens so quickly. There are a lot of guys in the nfl who are on juice. This isn't up for debate. It's prevalent. That extra weight definitely increases injury potential. This is mainly because the ligaments cannot prepare themselves for the amount of new muscle that appears in such a short time. The muscle is quality, the ligaments are insufficient.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

What ever happened to LSU guy called honey bear or something???

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by unluckysob View Post
    What ever happened to LSU guy called honey bear or something???
    Who do you think I am referring to? Honey Badger = Tyrann Mathieu he was kicked out of LSU for smoking weed and spice. Was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Everyone hurt now. NFL kinda sucks

12 Last