Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    On Friday, Mike Lombardi, a former general manager for the Cleveland Browns and special assistant for the New England Patriots, was a guest on "The Bill Simmons Podcast" and spoke about the status of Tannehill.

Bill Simmons asked Lombardi if NFL teams that need a quarterback should take a gamble and trade for Tannehill if the Dolphins give up on him. Lombardi had a brutally honest response, noting that teams should not trade for Tannehill at any cost because he doesn't solve the problem.

Bill Simmons: Let's say you are one of the eight teams that needs a quarterback. Let's say you're running the Bears — [Jay] Cutler's out of the year or whatever — and Miami calls you and says 'We want to dump Tannehill. Third-round pick. You can have him right now." And the salary-cap stuff isn't that bad. Would you roll the dice on Tannehill for a third-round pick?

Mike Lombardi: No, because here is my rule as a GM ... My rule is this: I never want to trade for a player or sign a player and the next day say 'We really need to get a better player.' I never want to do that. I don't want to sign a guard and the next day say, 'We really need a guard.' That's not the business we are in. We're in the solve-the-problem [business]. Now, we have to be tactical and I understand the whole theory of getting a little bit better at first ... The reality of it is, when I trade for Ryan Tannehill, I still need a quarterback, so why would I? Regardless of the price. The price doesn't matter.

The Dolphins are going to be at a crossroads with Tannehill after the season and trading him may be the best solution. But if Lombardi is right, the Dolphins may be stuck with Tannehill.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mike-...6-10?r=UK&IR=T
    I feel kinda conflicted reading that article. I considered Tannehill to be a pretty average QB at best and wouldn't trade for him, it's also hard to take QB evaluation seriously from any former Cleveland Browns GM. I know Lombardi is a "consultant" to the Pats, but it's kinda one of those opposites thing. When the Pats are evaluating a player they ask if he would draft or trade for the player and do the opposite of what Lombardi advises.

I don't know about a 3rd, but for a team like the Cards, a 4th or 5th might make sense to have Tannehill as a solid backup QB.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Miami season basically over

They do not have the players to compete

AngryMale
    AngryMale's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Guy was a wide receiver in college. What u expect?

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

he's still in the league?

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6482

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    I feel kinda conflicted reading that article. I considered Tannehill to be a pretty average QB at best and wouldn't trade for him, it's also hard to take QB evaluation seriously from any former Cleveland Browns GM. I know Lombardi is a "consultant" to the Pats, but it's kinda one of those opposites thing. When the Pats are evaluating a player they ask if he would draft or trade for the player and do the opposite of what Lombardi advises.

I don't know about a 3rd, but for a team like the Cards, a 4th or 5th might make sense to have Tannehill as a solid backup QB.
    Took the words right out of my mouth...
    Last edited by swordsandtequila; 10-11-16 at 10:13 AM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I forgot about this thread

I'm so glad I haven't wagered on Miami this season. This fukking dud.

Tannehill gave me nightmares last year.

GotGreek
    GotGreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11727

The dolphins are a mess but when they had matt moore playing QB i actually thought hed win the starting job, he looked a lot better than Tanny ever has.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Landry and Parker to throw the ball to and he still sucks. Amazing

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Guy was never good but you know the NFL loves its prototypical qbs with height and size yadda yadda. Guy played just as much wr as qb in college.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57565

Still no wife pix? That would at least make this topic interesting!

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10373

Avid Phins fan here and I've been saying since year 2 he doesn't haven't the brains or accuracy past 10-15 yards to play NFL qb.

His wife fukin hawt tho

Underdog5229
    Chillin w/Goat til We Do it Again
    Underdog5229's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1604

guy is just a dud. just another flop in the NFL

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Landry and Parker to throw the ball to and he still sucks. Amazing
    He's also had Mike Wallace, Brandon Marshall, Brian Hartline, and Reggie Bush to throw the ball to, and he still sucked. It's one of life's great mysteries why the braintrust in Miami doesn't realize this guy is garbage, and that the problem is him and not the rest of the team. Can't believe they keep giving him chance after chance to not suck while they continuously cycle talented players around him. They should have parted ways and gone with Matt Moore until a franchise QB came along, instead of giving him that ridiculous contract extension.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6482

Some lazy mfer's up in here :

http://bfy.tw/88e2
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trobin31

First 12