jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Floyd doesn't train to stop takedowns or judo throws he doesn't have any idea how to defend armbars or chokes.

That's enough of a disadvantage for a lot of people to waste him outside of boxing.

If the 1st punch Floyd threw didn't knock Ronda out and Ronda got her hands on him, she could easily make him her bitch.

People might not like hearing that but it is the truth.

Watch these guys get manhandled by Miesha Tate. I doubt Floyd would do much better.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mayweather is too strong and would get out of the arm bar from a woman

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Mayweather is too strong and would get out of the arm bar from a woman
    No offense but that's the type of thing people who don't understand jiu jitsu say.

When Ronda straightens out someone's arm for an armbar, its Ronda's back and core muscles versus their arm. Unless their arm is as thick as Ronda's waist, they won't be able to prevent it. Especially if they have zero experience with jits like Mayweather does.

It looks like Ronda armbars Uriah Hall twice here.

I guess its just an illuminati plot intended to further feminist supremist agendas?

Its not real?
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 11-15-15 at 06:52 PM.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Here they are.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Floyd doesn't train to stop takedowns or judo throws he doesn't have any idea how to defend armbars or chokes.

That's enough of a disadvantage for a lot of people to waste him outside of boxing.

If the 1st punch Floyd threw didn't knock Ronda out and Ronda got her hands on him, she could easily make him her bitch.

People might not like hearing that but it is the truth.

Watch these guys get manhandled by Miesha Tate. I doubt Floyd would do much better.

For god sake. Yes an elite athlete with unparalleled stamina and strength like Mayweather would do no better than a bunch of random out of shape white dudes.

Here you go, Ronda vs Mayweather. Except that would be the first punch thrown. Oh and Hatton is better looking than Ronda.

Lee Jones
    Lee Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 680

Name:  FB_IMG_1447666400992.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  35.0 KB

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Ok Uriah in that vid is obviously going easy. I am sure he was told before the camera rolled that he better not penetrate up the Rousey fantasy that UFC has created. He looked like me playing with one of my kids and letting them win.

The first vid--none of those pussies had any wrestling or grappling abilities at all. And they were pussies. Any man who believes this shit needs to tape his cokk and balls between his legs and put a dress on.

mirinquads

Brooks has been crossdressing since he was 9 years old, don't worry about that bruh.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

if you want a funny joke the guy that called those caterpillars on your forehead; now that is a funny.

that is what is great about logic, it isn't retarded by how stupid someone else(you) is. It gets along just fine and I'm sure you won't understand this at all. I look forward to you chirping in on the next fight AFTER the fight is other... lol fukn child

this thread shows why most gamblers don't win long term, very poor handicapping skills which involves logic. Something most in this thread don't have any experience or education using.
    Last edited by brooks85; 11-16-15 at 07:27 AM.

mirinquads

AFTER the fight is other

You even edited the penetrating thing, and it's still not close to English, penetrating lol

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

If Holly Holm can stick and move and avoid Rousey's clinch and throws you can bet your ass Floyd Mayweather could too... It would be a brutal quick knock out of Rousey again or any chick fighter in MMA for that matter.. Floyd is super quick and evasive on his feet...

Comparing those 2 is an absolute joke and always was...

Rousey doesn't even have a true wrestling base like Mesha Tate.. She can't shoot for those doubles and attack the legs like the true wrestlers can to get those take downs.. That hurt Rousey in the Holly Holm fight I thought.

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post

For god sake. Yes an elite athlete with unparalleled stamina and strength like Mayweather would do no better than a bunch of random out of shape white dudes.

Here you go, Ronda vs Mayweather. Except that would be the first punch thrown. Oh and Hatton is better looking than Ronda.

Ronda Rousey vs Floyd Mayweather Jr would be like James Toney vs Randy Couture.

It wouldn't matter how good Floyd is. If Ronda got him down or got close enough in a clinch that Floyd couldn't get the leverage to land a KO punch, Ronda would win. Who would win in an MMA fight between Kimbo Slice and a professional boxer like Ray Mercer? Kimbo Slice won. Mohammad Ali vs an MMA fighter? Muhammad Ali fought Antonio Inoki to a draw. Gene Lebell beat a professional boxer wearing brass knuckles in an MMA fight. Having wrestling, takedowns and submissions is enough of an advantage for less talented and less athletic fighters to defeat more talented and athletic boxers. Its enough of an advantage for women to beat grown men.

If Dana White and Joe Rogan weren't confident Ronda had a decent chance of beating Floyd, they would never have brought it up. Its unfair to Floyd to compare him to wrestlers and mma fighters, they're two different sports. Its like saying NFL players could beat up professional golfers like Tiger Woods and mirinquads saying: "NO WAY, TIGER WOODS IS AN ELITE ATHLETE HE COULD BEAT DOWN ANY NFL PLAYER". It shows marketing doesn't have to make sense, it just has to appear true enough for people to believe it.

As much as some of you might not want to admit a woman like Ronda could beat a man in a fight, you're speaking more from a perspective of denial or machismo than reality.

A decent MMA fighter, wrestler or jiu jitsu fighter wouldn't stand flat footed at the end of Floyd's punches like Ricky Hatton did. They would go straight for the takedown and execute it in a way that would make it tough to land a solid punch while they were closing the distance. Floyd is a good athlete but he has no takedown defense. It would be over as soon as it hit the ground.

MMA fighters might be the best conditioned athletes in the world. If you asked someone who trains NFL players, NBA players and other pro athletes they might tell you there are no pro athletes who can hang with MMA fighters. That's not something to take lightly, even if its female athletes we're discussing.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 11-16-15 at 01:36 PM.

mirinquads

Where to begin..

Ronda just got owned by the footwork of Holy Holm, and you think she'd get in range of Mayweather to even attempt a clinch, without getting eaten up by jabs and checkhooks, like what LITERALLY JUST HAPPENED against a female boxer, and not one of the best, and quickest MALE boxers on the planet earth?
    Let's see. What's an important distinction between this fight and all the other you mentioned? Oh yeah.. THEY WERE ALL MEN VS MEN. There's a reason why men is better than woman in every physical sport ever. Take physiology tests some time.
    Mayweather is literally a master clincher.. Even if Ronda somehow got in the clinch, which would most likely not happen, she'd get stiff armed away. Why is it people think Judo is some sort of magic? Control of the head, control of the hips, LIKE HOLM JUST SHOWED YOU and Ronda would have done nothing at all. A 34 year old FEMALE just outmuscled Ronda.
    And your point about wrestling may be valid, if you werent talking about an elite athlete with integral knowledge of the clinch and unparalleled speed.

If Dana White and Joe Rogan weren't confident Ronda had a decent chance of beating Floyd, they would never have brought it up
    It shows marketing doesn't have to make sense, it just has to appear true enough for people to believe it.
    - Such irony. But let me continue:
    Yeah, there's no way they would have said that to drum up hype, and get Ronda and the UFC exposure in the media by going after the most hyped boxer on earth.. NEVER. Dana has WAY too much integrity for that . Don't tell me you actually thought that Floyd vs Ronda was a possible fight that might have happened at some point?

Yeah, because Tiger woods fighting an Football player has literally anything to do with what were discussing here.. Do you even read this shit before you post it?

They would go straight for the takedown and execute it in a way that would make it tough to land a solid punch while they were closing the distance
    Like Ronda just did against a female boxer, right? She barely even got hit!

And she certainly wasn't gassed to shit after the first round, right? Best conditioned athletes in the world.. yeah!

It shows marketing doesn't have to make sense, it just has to appear true enough for people to believe it.
    Sweet, sweet irony.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4994

I suppose Rousey and Holms have a better chin and more fighting ability than Arturo Gatti. If Mayweather fought both at the same time I would still bet on him. Women just don't have the testosterone or muscle mass to compete with men in combat sports. Not hating they train just as hard and have every bit the heart but biomechanicaly it just isn't going to happen!

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Don't think anybody really believed she could beat him,more likely wishful thinking.

Sanity Check

LOLOL

"Elite athlete" is an extremely broad term. Floyd being a good athlete in boxing doesn't translate to him being a good athlete in wrestling, judo or MMA. Defending takedowns and wrestling uses different muscles from what Floyd normally uses in boxing, its a different kind of strength. It takes time to develop the kind of base someone needs to stop a takedown. The only reason Holly could stop Ronda's throws is she's put a lot of time and effort into training for it.

If Holly didn't train takedown defense it would have been like the first UFC where everyone who didn't do wrestling or submission training got ragdolled and dominated. Unless Floyd put in some time to learn how to defend takedowns and judo throws, I don't think he would have much of a chance. Boxing clinch work is completely different from MMA. In boxing they try to tie up their opponents arms or land punches, they lean on each other sometimes to try and tire their opponent out. In MMA its completely different people go for hand and arm positions to hit their takedowns and throws. How is Floyd supposed to prevent that when he doesn't know which positions are good or bad? He hasn't bothered to develop his body in a way that is good for wrestling.

Floyd fighting Ronda in MMA would be like someone who doesn't know how to swim competing against swimmers in the olympics.

mirinquads

What are you fuking on about? Ofcourse it does. Being athletically gifted doesn't change with the sport, it's about being fast, having a lot of explosive muscle fibers in your muscles, having a lot of red blood cells in your blood. You think if you gave Floyd a football, he'd suddenly be half as fast, and have half the endurance? Literally WHAT are you even talking about? Do we live on the same planet?

You don't think so, because you have no critical thinking skills. Ofcourse if they set up a fight, he'd have Xxx amount of time to at least learn those things, and being an incredible athlete, his muscles are already trained to do these things.

AND EVEN SO that's not even what I'm arguing. RONDA RUNS IN WITH HER HEAD ON A FLAGPOLE not matter how she closes distance. Not a single iota of difference from Ricky Hatton up there. Coming in, she'd get wrecked, and the she'd get pivoted off, and follow Floyd uselessly around, just like she did with Holm.

You have no idea of what you're talking about on the boxing clinchwork either. Stiffarming is exactly the same technique Holm utilized, and exactly the same technique, and with the strength differential it would be be even easier.

You don't know what you're talking about, you think having trained these things are some sort of mythical Bruce Lee magic. Everything has physics applied to them like anything else. Judo isn't some magical move that you can just do to anybody. This would look like Ronda vs Holm, just even worse. Look at Holm running circles around Ronda. That's what you would see here. Floyd would have nothing to fear from Ronda's punches, thus would be able to keep a hand in her face at all times, and just blast her every time she tried her run-in-and-grab-at-you tactic.
    This is not Bethe Correia she's fighting here.

https://streamable.com/os24

http://gfycat.com/AccurateHandyIberiannase

Floyd has indefinitely more power in his punches than Holm when he wants to. Go back and watch his earlier fights. And with MMA gloves too.. It would be a slaughter.

But again, take a physiology class at some point. You don't seem to realize the difference between men and woman.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

why even bother? it's pointless to debate with someone so clueless...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

With ya Miri on this one.. ^^^^

ALSO - Floyd with those small MMA gloves on would be scary when getting hit.. Rousey wouldn't last a minute before getting busted up.. Floyd is strong enough to push off Rousey even if she did try to clinch up successfully..

If by miracle she took Floyd's back though even standing it could be over via rear naked choke in a hurry.. Don't see that happening ever against the speed and quickness of Floyd Mayweather in a big cage.. Speed kills and Rousey would look like she was in slow motion against Floyd..

Sanity Check

RONDA RUNS IN WITH HER HEAD ON A FLAGPOLE not matter how she closes distance. Not a single iota of difference from Ricky Hatton up there. Coming in, she'd get wrecked, and the she'd get pivoted off, and follow Floyd uselessly around, just like she did with Holm.

You have no idea of what you're talking about on the boxing clinchwork either. Stiffarming is exactly the same technique Holm utilized, and exactly the same technique, and with the strength differential it would be be even easier.
    Ronda is stronger, tougher and more athletic than Ricky Hatton, imo. Ronda would take out Ricky Hatton after she was done with Mayweather.

Ronda running in with her head ON A FLAGPOLE is the best thing you've said so far. She does move forward predictably at times and her striking defense is poor. Remember, I never said Floyd wouldn't get the KO. I said if Ronda closed the distance & got the clinch Floyd would lose.

There are different types of training and different types of strength. When Marius Pudzianowski switched from strongman comps to MMA he had to lose muscle mass and work on his cardio. Floyd would have to make a similar transition if he was going to defend takedowns and wrestle in MMA. There's a reason why MMA fighters do things like flip tractor tires that weigh 200 lbs and pro boxers do not.

They don't do it because flipping heavy tires is good for their health, they do it to build up the kind of wrestling base they need to be successful in MMA. Something that would probably be completely useless in boxing since they don't wrestle there. People really underestimate what it takes to do the types of things MMA fighters do on a regular basis.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 11-16-15 at 03:46 PM.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

things you can't teach. speed and power. things female fighters lack, speed and power...

you do the simple math.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Ronda is stronger, tougher and more athletic than Ricky Hatton, imo. Ronda would take out Ricky Hatton after she was done with Mayweather.
    seriously man, stop.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Wouldn't surprise me if one of Holm's post fight samples came back positive later down the track and she was stripped of her title.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    seriously man, stop.
    Sanity is getting a little silly now with his posts..

Ricky Hatton a man and profession boxer who's in great physical shape is way stronger then Rhonda Rousey, he's also faster and hits harder too.

Come on man!!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if one of Holm's post fight samples came back positive later down the track and she was stripped of her title.
    IDK? She said she was training harder then ever before in her life leading up to this fight.. She looked pretty ripped in previous fights as well and never tested positive...

Sanity Check

things you can't teach. speed and power. things female fighters lack, speed and power...

you do the simple math.
    Tell that to Fallon Fox.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

at first i thought he was just trolling but i think he's serious.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Sanity is getting a little silly now with his posts..

Ricky Hatton a man and profession boxer who's in great physical shape is way stronger then Rhonda Rousey, he's also faster and hits harder too.

Come on man!!!
    This is true.

Sanity Check

at first i thought he was just trolling but i think he's serious.
    I'm not sure if you realize Fallon Fox is a tranny who competes in women's MMA and got KO'ed by women.

But yeah it happened.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

sanity get your head checked. you're missing some screws up there.

Sanity Check

sanity get your head checked. you're missing some screws up there.
    Well, judging from your responses its clear most of you are bums when it comes to sports and athletics.

I hope you manage to fetch yourself a beer from your frig without exhausting yourselves too much.

On the mental side, it didn't take much for you to get exhausted and overwhelmed mentally and completely devolve into preschool grade insults, since you couldn't keep up with the low brow discussion here.

I love irony.

mirinquads

Ronda running in with her head ON A FLAGPOLE is the best thing you've said so far. She does move forward predictably at times and her striking defense is poor. Remember, I never said Floyd wouldn't get the KO. I said if Ronda closed the distance & got the clinch Floyd would lose.

There are different types of training and different types of strength. When Marius Pudzianowski switched from strongman comps to MMA he had to lose muscle mass and work on his cardio. Floyd would have to make a similar transition if he was going to defend takedowns and wrestle in MMA. There's a reason why MMA fighters do things like flip tractor tires that weigh 200 lbs and pro boxers do not.

They don't do it because flipping heavy tires is good for their health, they do it to build up the kind of wrestling base they need to be successful in MMA. Something that would probably be completely useless in boxing since they don't wrestle there. People really underestimate what it takes to do the types of things MMA fighters do on a regular basis.

You think Ronda is tougher than Hatton? The girl that just got put down by another female in less then 7 minutes? The dude that stood toe to toe with Kostya Tszyu for 11 rounds, then put him away? Perhaps you should get your Sanity Checked, because I'm seriously questioning it at this point.

And once again you use a totally retarded comparison. Boxing is all about being explosive, just like MMA. Do you see a boxer being all muscled up, like a strong man? No. There's very little difference between the muscles used for boxing and MMA. I can tell you have never done a combat sport, or most likely any sport in your life.

I'm glad you are realizing your mistake now though. And yes, that was exactly what you said. You said Ronda would beat Floyd in an MMA fight. Glad you realized you're wrong. Like you tried to argue that Ronda would win a grappling match, like anyone disputed that, lol. And Floyd would get the KO 99/100 times, if not more.

mirinquads

Well, judging from your responses its clear most of you are bums when it comes to sports and athletics.

I hope you manage to fetch yourself a beer from your frig without exhausting yourselves too much.

On the mental side, it didn't take much for you to get exhausted and overwhelmed mentally and completely devolve into preschool grade insults, since you couldn't keep up with the low brow discussion here.

I love irony.
    Let's see.. You feel like other people's are "bums" when it comes to athletics, when you don't even realize the definition of what being athletic means?

And you are stealing my lines too I see. Just stop dude, it's getting embarrassing at this point.

Sanity Check

You think Ronda is tougher than Hatton? The girl that just got put down by another female in less then 7 minutes? The dude that stood toe to toe with Kostya Tszyu for 11 rounds, then put him away? Perhaps you should get your Sanity Checked, because I'm seriously questioning it at this point.

And once again you use a totally retarded comparison. Boxing is all about being explosive, just like MMA. Do you see a boxer being all muscled up, like a strong man? No. There's very little difference between the muscles used for boxing and MMA. I can tell you have never done a combat sport, or most likely any sport in your life.

I'm glad you are realizing your mistake now though. And yes, that was exactly what you said. You said Ronda would beat Floyd in an MMA fight. Glad you realized you're wrong. Like you tried to argue that Ronda would win a grappling match, like anyone disputed that, lol. And Floyd would get the KO 99/100 times, if not more.
    Dude.

Look at the size of your arm.

Ok. Now look at the size of your leg.

Do you think a kick like the one Holly Holm knocked Ronda cold with would generate more power than a punch, based on her leg being close to twice as thick and having near to twice as much muscle as her arms?

Ha. You're just trolling now.

According to you, there's no difference in training between being a marathon runner or a sprinter. No difference between boxing and MMA or aerobics training and power lifting. Just. Stop.

I'll say this. In MMA people don't normally shoot for a takedown with their head low for fear of being kicked or kneed in the face.

If it was Floyd Mayweather, the gameplan might be to shoot for the takedown with their head near waist or knee level because Floyd doesn't know how to kick or throw knees. How would Floyd hit his knockout punch if that happened? He wouldn't. And Ronda would kick his ass. The end.

You were right about one thing, this is silly. I'm done. Have fun.

mirinquads

Dude.

Look at the size of your arm.

Ok. Now look at the size of your leg.

Do you think a kick like the one Holly Holm knocked Ronda cold with would generate more power than a punch, based on her leg being close to twice as thick and having near to twice as much muscle as her arms?

Ha. You're just trolling now.

According to you, there's no difference in training between being a marathon runner or a sprinter. No difference between boxing and MMA or aerobics training and power lifting. Just. Stop.

I'll say this. In MMA people don't normally shoot for a takedown with their head low for fear of being kicked or kneed in the face.

If it was Floyd Mayweather, the gameplan might be to shoot for the takedown with their head near waist or knee level because Floyd doesn't know how to kick or throw knees. How would Floyd hit his knockout punch if that happened? He wouldn't. And Ronda would kick his ass. The end.

You were right about one thing, this is silly. I'm done. Have fun.
    Are you serious? Like it would have made the smallest amount of difference if Ronda would have been hit with a kick or a left hook at that point? Look at the punch that's landed before the kick. She was basically out.

Now you're just making stuff up once again. I have NEVER said the training is identical, or anything even close. Stop reaching.

And what makes you think Ronda can blast a double leg quickly or explosively enough to get Floyd down? She's not done it in a fight once, ever. Oh, and have you heard about an uppercut? Or a stiff arm? Seems not. And do you seriously think Floyd wouldnt be able to throw a knee? Knowing he was going into an MMA fight? Like he's actually physically incapable of doing so, because he's profession is boxing. Someone who's trained his body for 30 years. It's really not that difficult to throw a knee. You think MMA and wrestling is some sort of mythical Bruce Lee powers you can only attain after training in a temple of 10 years. Go try it out, it's really not as magical as you make it out to be, unless you have never done anything physical in your life, which i suspect strongly is the case with you.

And I'm glad you're done, you should have stopped a couple of posts before, maybe you'd have managed to not totally embarrass your self.

First 1234 Last