IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16125

I don't get the snobbery over DFS betting. If there's money in it what does it matter whether you're betting on players on games? Another avenue for making money on hoops.

MoeSedway
    MoeSedway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1987

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    If you play either one you are a fukking loser.
    Irony alert.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't personally care for the graphics on Draft Kings but that is a small gripe. They both payed extremely fast and no issues via pp, not sure how to get around not researching anything but I would suggest only doing the sports that you at least watch. I like to browse the rotowire type websites and read the information but still like to apply what I "think" I know about the sport and the situations with the individual players.

The rainout in baseball was brutal for me and I learned that lesson quickly, sometimes I would yank a player thinking rain and the game would still go and vice versa. Focus on a few local teams and apparently stacking is a popular method that works where you load 3 players in baseball from the same team or probably 2 in the NBA if you have a good feel for that particular team.

I am tempted to try this NBA thing this year after playing baseball but going to hold fast until the heat dies down or it gets black friday'd like poker. As I said elsewhere it would appear they are doing it 100% legal to me but I'm not a legal expert so it feels risky to say the least.

Good luck Giant, hope to see you on the commercials.

Edit- another way to make some quick assumptions is to look at the listed individual props on players that are listed at books to gauge what kind of production is expected. As far as an up and running model, I'm sure for the right price it could be found.
    Last edited by Ra77er; 10-28-15 at 02:01 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Men I hope you kill fantasy

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18851

NBA tonight

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Okay, I just dumped $500 into Fanduel. They gave me the $200 sign-up bonus, and I received the "incentives" package at Rotogrinders for signing up through them. I'm not even sure what that is. Is it worthwhile? Or garbage? I'm guessing the latter.

Anyway, let's turn this into $20,000 by Christmas.

Who are our players tonight, boys?

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I lost about $240 last night in NBA. One of my core players (middleton) sh*t the bed, so it caused alot of losses.

I have decided that Wednesdays may be a good day to invest very little in NBA because the slate is way too large and accounting for variance is tough.

The Giant

It's unfathomable how much vig these pricks charge. Risking $50 on a double-up to win $40? That is such highway robbery. Absolutely sickening.

Sorry about your night, Tham.

Are you playing anything tonight?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

The Giant

I just copied some dude over at Rotogrinders. Played a $50, double-up, with 20 players. Let's see if I can land in the top 10 with this shitty team.

• PG
      Chris Paul
      LAC V DAL10:30PM EDT

• PG
      Raymond Felton
      DAL @ LAC10:30PM EDT

• SG
      Kent Bazemore
      ATL @ NY8PM EDT

• SG
      Sasha Vujacic
      NY V ATL8PM EDT

• SF
      Paul George
      IND V MEM7PM EDT

• SF
      C.J. Miles
      IND V MEM7PM EDT

• PF
      Blake Griffin
      LAC V DAL10:30PM EDT

• PF
      Paul Millsap
      ATL @ NY8PM EDT

• C
      Al Horford
      ATL @ NY8PM EDT

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    It's unfathomable how much vig these pricks charge. Risking $50 on a double-up to win $40? That is such highway robbery. Absolutely sickening.

you'll come to appreciate it really. Outside of playing cards I can't think of any other way in a gambling context that gives you a better opportunity to win square money from so many entrants. NBA and MLB is different but NFL is gold. Vegas usually kills during NFL, well imagine all the people out there that don't actually bet but they do play fantasy; they are still squares. And square in this case is just people picking well-known players as opposed to finding a sleeper.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Best way to find a reason to watch this joke of a NBA product.

The Giant do you still think that refs have no hand in outcomes or at least a subtle agenda? Love to hear your take on the SEVENTY TWO free throws in the laker game last night with no hack a player in effect.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    you'll come to appreciate it really. Outside of playing cards I can't think of any other way in a gambling context that gives you a better opportunity to win square money from so many entrants. NBA and MLB is different but NFL is gold. Vegas usually kills during NFL, well imagine all the people out there that don't actually bet but they do play fantasy; they are still squares. And square in this case is just people picking well-known players as opposed to finding a sleeper.
    My best success has come in the NFL and MLB. Limited success, mind you. I just think it's going to be very difficult, no matter how square your opponent, to win when you're laying -125 every time. That's just an outrageous number.

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Best way to find a reason to watch this joke of a NBA product.

The Giant do you still think that refs have no hand in outcomes or at least a subtle agenda? Love to hear your take on the SEVENTY TWO free throws in the laker game last night with no hack a player in effect.
    Do you play fantasy basketball? Are you any good?

I still love gambling on the NBA, I just need about a month to get into it.

As for referee agendas, who's to say? It looked like two bad defensive teams to me. What was their purpose? To get the game over? I'll leave that to you conspiracy guys.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

The Giant. To keep the game close and endure a contested 4q. It's a way to dictate pace/flow. All lined up for a Kobe game winning shot. Lakers chose the kid instead.

I don't touch daily fantasy. There's already enough time on sports betting.

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Giant,

Good luck

thoughts on tonight...

Deandre is must have for center tonight. Monster boards/numbers vs Mavs everytime.

CJ Miles had helluva game/minutes last night. But will be coming off the bench tonight vs Grizz. Pacers are going big per matchup. He won't see nearly as much of the court or do much this time around. Couple 3's is his ceiling imo.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    The Giant. To keep the game close and endure a contested 4q. It's a way to dictate pace/flow. All lined up for a Kobe game winning shot. Lakers chose the kid instead.

I don't touch daily fantasy. There's already enough time on sports betting.
    The game was close because the Lakers only shot about 25% in the fourth quarter.

A lot of NBA games get close late. Complacency is a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by FilletMaster View Post
    Giant,

Good luck

thoughts on tonight...

Deandre is must have for center tonight. Monster boards/numbers vs Mavs everytime.

CJ Miles had helluva game/minutes last night. But will be coming off the bench tonight vs Grizz. Pacers are going big per matchup. He won't see nearly as much of the court or do much this time around. Couple 3's is his ceiling imo.
    Yeah, CJ Miles may have been a stretch. Looks like he's only owned by 35% in this league.

I thought about DeAndre, but I was just following some guy who's supposedly an "expert" over at Rotogrinders. All the players are locked in, no changing them now.

I'm currently in 11th place, I'm sure that's right were I'll finish.

Good luck to you tonight, FM.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

And yet they still call it a double up....lol

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    And yet they still call it a double up....lol
    You'd think there'd be a competitive site, something in the Pinnacle realm that would offer friendlier juice.

A4K

You'd think there'd be a competitive site, something in the Pinnacle realm that would offer friendlier juice.
    Yahoo, Rtsports.com and a few others have better games from what I know.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

The more states that legalize these sites, the more states to legalize sports betting as well.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Yahoo, Rtsports.com and a few others have better games from what I know.
    Do they offer good games? How is the traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    The more states that legalize these sites, the more states to legalize sports betting as well.
    Maybe. We'll see. I don't have much faith in sports betting or poker becoming legal anytime soon.

A4K

Do they offer good games? How is the traffic?

Maybe. We'll see. I don't have much faith in sports betting or poker becoming legal anytime soon.
    Not sure, I became disenfranchised after the data leak scandal at Graft Kings.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    I lost about $240 last night in NBA. One of my core players (middleton) sh*t the bed, so it caused alot of losses.

I have decided that Wednesdays may be a good day to invest very little in NBA because the slate is way too large and accounting for variance is tough.
    Why??

I ask myself

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Okay, I just dumped $500 into Fanduel. They gave me the $200 sign-up bonus, and I received the "incentives" package at Rotogrinders for signing up through them. I'm not even sure what that is. Is it worthwhile? Or garbage? I'm guessing the latter.

Anyway, let's turn this into $20,000 by Christmas.

Who are our players tonight, boys?
    bro montana how did u end up ?

i got slammed on fanduel 2nite lineups very similar to yours minus a couple guys

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Fantasy basketball is a grind.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    bro montana how did u end up ?

i got slammed on fanduel 2nite lineups very similar to yours minus a couple guys
    Big loser tonight.

I came in 12th place out of 20. I scored 238. I needed 240.

A basket here or a basket there, and I'm on top of the world. I guess you won't be seeing me on any Fanduel commercials anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Fantasy basketball is a grind.
    I'll say. Especially when pretty much everyone has common players.

It felt very incestuous tonight.

Hopefully a bigger slate of games will make this more interesting.

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18851

If your new to DFS, don't play double-ups. You want to play larger 50/50 single entry cash games. Don't play more than 10% of your bankroll on any night. Of that 10% play 80% in cash games & 20 % in large field GPP's. It really is a grind.

So of the $50 you played I would have played $40 in 5 or 10 dollar single entry 50/50 contest. Then put the $10 in 1 or 2 large field tourneys, hoping to cash or take down a big prize. Bankroll Management bud GL.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

That's a 50/50 not a double up.

Double ups you actually win double, have to beat a little more than half of field.
    Points Awarded:

sourtwist gave THam12 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

double ups vs aquaintences seems the way to go

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Double ups you actually win double, have to beat a little more than half of field.
    What up ham?

Not all of them are the same

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    If your new to DFS, don't play double-ups. You want to play larger 50/50 single entry cash games. Don't play more than 10% of your bankroll on any night. Of that 10% play 80% in cash games & 20 % in large field GPP's. It really is a grind.

So of the $50 you played I would have played $40 in 5 or 10 dollar single entry 50/50 contest. Then put the $10 in 1 or 2 large field tourneys, hoping to cash or take down a big prize. Bankroll Management bud GL.
    I agree that bankroll management is the key, when doing any kind of gambling, but I'm just messing around with this stuff. I'm not sure I'm cut out for it. I don't think it's my cup of tea.

I just put together two $50 50/50s. Last-minute thing, just followed some guy. I don't even know if my players are actually playing.

Oh, okay. My bad. So I guess in a double up, I would have to finish something like 11th or so out of 20? I'm still paying juice, just in a different way.

The Giant

Okay, started with $500. Lost $50 last night, and then got $2 for my bonus. So, current bankroll $452.

Tonight I played two 50/50s, each for $50. One is a 20-man field, the other is a 10-man field. I'm predicting I'm broke by Sunday. Anyway, here is my team, same one for both fields.

• PG Damian Lillard

• POR
        PHO

10:30PM ET

$9,100
      Salary
      45%
      Owned

• PG Emmanuel Mudiay

• MIN
        DEN

9:00PM ET

$5,500
      Salary
      55%
      Owned

• SG C.J. McCollum

• POR
        PHO

10:30PM ET

$6,000
      Salary
      75%
      Owned

• SG Rodney Hood

• UTA
        PHI

7:00PM ET

$4,300
      Salary
      15%
      Owned

• SF Kawhi Leonard

• BKN
        SA

8:30PM ET

$8,100
      Salary
      30%
      Owned

• SF Nikola Mirotic

• CHI
        DET

7:30PM ET

$6,000
      Salary
      65%
      Owned

• PF Julius Randle

• LAL
        SAC

10:00PM ET

$4,700
      Salary
      45%
      Owned

• PF Joffrey Lauvergne

• MIN
        DEN

9:00PM ET

$3,700
      Salary
      50%
      Owned

• C DeMarcus Cousins

• LAL
        SAC

10:00PM ET

$10,900
      Salary
      55%
      Owned

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Giant i came to the conclusion it is at least 80% luck

place is full of casuals who can work off that salary cap
    every night and pick just as well as anyone else.

just too many variables. variables are our enemy in handicapping.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Giant i came to the conclusion it is at least 80% luck

place is full of casuals who can work off that salary cap
    every night and pick just as well as anyone else.

just too many variables. variables are our enemy in handicapping.
    I think you might be generous with your 80% estimation. I've always thought there was way more luck involved in this over, say, poker. I'm not sure how this isn't considered gambling.

Anyway, I'm not taking it too seriously, just using some extra PP money I had laying around. I should be belly up by the end of the weekend.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

they are both very annoying.... those idiotic fanduel commercials win by a nose

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Name:  Screenshot_2015-10-31-00-24-13.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  9.6 KB
    BAD beat tonight.....
    $100 of double ups lost because lillard AND bledsoe both turned over then go subbed out for game..

First 12345 ... Last