Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Pounding the Royals to win the world series

Will wait for best possible line whether it's online or from local. Royals are winning this series. They have the best hitting lineup in baseball and the best defensive lineup in baseball and the best bullpen in baseball.

People say Mets have too good starting pitching.

Cubs were strikeout power hitters. Stats guys -- they led league in strikeouts. Easy for great pitchers to dominate power hitting.

Royals number 8 and 9 hitters are better than the Mets 1 2 5 and 6 hitters. That's a joke.

In baseball, the number 8 hitter matters just as much as the number 3.

As a team, you are only as good as your weakest link.

Royal team much different than last year. They replaced Aoki with Rios. Way better hitter. They replaced Infante with Zobreist. Way better hitter, same defense. They replaced butler with morales. Not even close. Way better team.

Assembly line. Keep chipping out.

Degrom and Harvy and Synder will all walk batters. Royals are aggressive and will hit 2 ball strikes.

Mets lineup is just trash and for me, i'll take great offense over great pitching any day. Royals aren't just the best hitting team since the cards, they are also the best defensive team probably of the last 10 years. These guys are all fast running the bases and they are smart as hell.

This is a true team with chemistry like no other team in baseball right now.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Agreed

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Agreed

suckerbet105
    suckerbet105's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 419

i wish i had your confidence

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 143

Good luck to you, I disagree with you on this, should be a great series

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Hope so, go royals. Gl

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

#TakeTheCrown

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

We are NBA guys but I'm seeing the same thing and want to go large on this (trying to hold myself back and focus on hoops though lol). I hesitated to take them before game 6 +175 but preferred to wait for them to close out the Jays.

Terps1993
    Terps1993's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34372

Harvey DeGrom and "Synder" will walk a lot of people now? Mets pitchers have one of the lowest walk rates in the league. I'm expecting a 6 or 7 game series. Generally, great pitching beats great hitting, but we will see how this series plays out.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

The Royals won't be denied.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Mets lineup is trash lolll went from worst to first, do you watch the games or no?

KingJD31

Royals hit mistake pitching, they aren't gonna be gettin many mistakes

KingJD31

Grandy wright murphy cespedes duda darnoud conforto Flores.

Easiest out is wright but that lineup does damage you must not watch nl baseball

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Goater this may be the best line you get

KingJD31

Lucas duda world series mvp, money

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11662

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Degrom and Harvy and Synder will all walk batters.
    Which is precisely what they haven't done all season.

You disregarded plain common logic throughout the NLCS and lost your shirt while Mets backers cleaned up. In a sweep.

I'm going to try and save you some money here.

Go to ESPN and look at Royals schedule - scroll down, from the beginning of the season, and take a gander at the pitcher of record whenever the Royals lost.

You'll see the pattern that their Ls are vs. pitchers who win, ie. good pitching, while they routinely beat up average and worse pitching. This vaunted Royals offense feasts on average-to-below average pitching and lose to quality pitching.

The Mets bringing MLB's best pitching to the Series - and some bats.

Good pitching beats good hitting, this is Baseball 101 - only a pure square disregards basics like this.

If pride is keeping you from backing the Mets, my advice to you is to halve what you plan to stake on the Royals - because that team, like the Cubs, is walking into a buzz saw. Mets would have raked 8 runs vs. that sh*t show last night.

And can you please elaborate how Mets Big 3 will all of a sudden start walking batters? The reason the team has th best K-to-BB ratio in MLB is because of those very guys.
    Last edited by ByeShea; 10-24-15 at 10:11 AM.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Guys focus on today, lots of money to be made, lets build our BR today and then pound the Royals, make the books hurt

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

the Mets will pull off some version of what the Dodgers did at home

regardless of the staff, you have to score to win, can't back a team that ranks dead last in BAPIP at home and 28th overall

crown the crown

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Whoever the underdog is near game time... I'm pounding.

ByeShea

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    regardless of the staff, you have to score to win, can't back a team that ranks dead last in BAPIP at home and 28th overall
    Mets had worst offense in NL 1st half of season. (Went 0-7 vs. Cubs - mostly low scoring affairs)

Mets, with new/revamped lineup, had best offense in NL 2nd half of season. (Swept Cubs in NLCS)

You're in danger if you're using the "Mets can't score" as a reason to bet the Royals.

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

Wow a ton of people on the Royals, didn't really expect that

innovation

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Mets had worst offense in NL 1st half of season. (Went 0-7 vs. Cubs - mostly low scoring affairs)

Mets, with new/revamped lineup, had best offense in NL 2nd half of season. (Swept Cubs in NLCS)

You're in danger if you're using the "Mets can't score" as a reason to bet the Royals.
    lol, all the mets fans beating chest about 1 series vs Cubs
    mets rank 27th in hits per game (Cubs 29th) and both mets and Cubs tied for dead last at hits per game at home.

the royals are built to do all the little things to win post season ball, not to mention #3 in hits per game, they take extra bases, the run, they field exceptionally well, and have a + pen and decent manager as well.

have fun wondering why you look very similar to what Dodgers did at home

ByeShea

mets rank 27th in hits per game (Cubs 29th) and both mets and Cubs tied for dead last at hits per game at home.
    Now rework that math, dividing by All-Star break. More hits. More HRs.

But math is hard - how about you just ponder asking Cueto to win 2 games in the World Series. I'd rather risk having Lenny Dykstra to be my accountant.

ByeShea

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLcopter View Post
    Wow a ton of people on the Royals, didn't really expect that
    I think we all know the supply of squares is endless.

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

Based on everything I was seeing here earlier this week, I thought most of SBR would be on the Mets. But as a Mets fan myself, all this Royals love is great

pacattack81
    pacattack81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Will wait for best possible line whether it's online or from local. Royals are winning this series. They have the best hitting lineup in baseball and the best defensive lineup in baseball and the best bullpen in baseball.

People say Mets have too good starting pitching.

Cubs were strikeout power hitters. Stats guys -- they led league in strikeouts. Easy for great pitchers to dominate power hitting.

Royals number 8 and 9 hitters are better than the Mets 1 2 5 and 6 hitters. That's a joke.

In baseball, the number 8 hitter matters just as much as the number 3.

As a team, you are only as good as your weakest link.

Royal team much different than last year. They replaced Aoki with Rios. Way better hitter. They replaced Infante with Zobreist. Way better hitter, same defense. They replaced butler with morales. Not even close. Way better team.

Assembly line. Keep chipping out.

Degrom and Harvy and Synder will all walk batters. Royals are aggressive and will hit 2 ball strikes.

Mets lineup is just trash and for me, i'll take great offense over great pitching any day. Royals aren't just the best hitting team since the cards, they are also the best defensive team probably of the last 10 years. These guys are all fast running the bases and they are smart as hell.

This is a true team with chemistry like no other team in baseball right now.
    Opinions are like assholes everyone's got one. If you think the Mets can't win you haven't watched enough baseball this year. Both of these teams can win this series. The Mets 4 starting pitchers are better than anyone the royals have available to start, including Cueto who got lit up the other day. What did he last 2 innings? With the Mets pitching as good as it is, they've shown they can win with just average hitting. Have you forgotten they got here by beating some of the best starting pitching in baseball? They beat Kershaw, Greinke, Lester and Arietta. Kershaw is arguably the most dominant pitcher in baseball. Arietta is going to win the CY Young award this year and Greinke will be number 2 in the voting. If you think the Mets can't win with just average hitting maybe my refresher has helped temper your expectations. I'm not saying the Mets will win this, but they have as good a shot as the royals do.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

Both teams have solid pitching should be a good series with the Royals winning in 6

Goat Milk

Bye Shea you're on my ignore list. Thanks.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by pacattack81 View Post
    Opinions are like assholes everyone's got one. If you think the Mets can't win you haven't watched enough baseball this year. Both of these teams can win this series. The Mets 4 starting pitchers are better than anyone the royals have available to start, including Cueto who got lit up the other day. What did he last 2 innings? With the Mets pitching as good as it is, they've shown they can win with just average hitting. Have you forgotten they got here by beating some of the best starting pitching in baseball? They beat Kershaw, Greinke, Lester and Arietta. Kershaw is arguably the most dominant pitcher in baseball. Arietta is going to win the CY Young award this year and Greinke will be number 2 in the voting. If you think the Mets can't win with just average hitting maybe my refresher has helped temper your expectations. I'm not saying the Mets will win this, but they have as good a shot as the royals do.
    You're absolutely right. Mets were clutch when it mattered. That's why I had them beating the Dodgers and the Cubs. But they weren't facing teams that had stacked lineups. Like I said, number 8 hitter in baseball matters just as much as the number 3 hitter. They get the same amount of bats. The Royals lineup at positions 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 is better than the mets.

That's just too many positions for me to ignore.

innovation

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Now rework that math, dividing by All-Star break. More hits. More HRs.

But math is hard - how about you just ponder asking Cueto to win 2 games in the World Series. I'd rather risk having Lenny Dykstra to be my accountant.
    yes let's try and insult each other because that will effect the outcome

as a mets fan you should know cueto has a lifetime .219 era at citi, striking out 35 of 114 batters, oh wait only numbers that matter is after all star break right?

good luck, it should be a great series, if mets win they definitely beat the team to beat this post season

i can't look a gift horse in the mouth, KC has a chip on their shoulder and the skills to back it up

ByeShea

Bye Shea you're on my ignore list. Thanks.
    My hot streak continues.

ByeShea

yes let's try and insult each other because that will effect the outcome

as a mets fan you should know cueto has a lifetime .219 era at citi, striking out 35 of 114 batters, oh wait only numbers that matter is after all star break right?

good luck, it should be a great series, if mets win they definitely beat the team to beat this post season

i can't look a gift horse in the mouth, KC has a chip on their shoulder and the skills to back it up
    I wasn't trying to insult you or anyone, sorry if it came across that way.

Pete Rose has more composure during a rain out than Cueto had on the mound Game 4. I'd piss myself if I had $ in trusting that joker right now.

pacattack81
    pacattack81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

You're absolutely right. Mets were clutch when it mattered. That's why I had them beating the Dodgers and the Cubs. But they weren't facing teams that had stacked lineups. Like I said, number 8 hitter in baseball matters just as much as the number 3 hitter. They get the same amount of bats. The Royals lineup at positions 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 is better than the mets.

That's just too many positions for me to ignore.
    Tough for the royals to win if the mets starting pitchers are only going to give up 2 runs. Good luck.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

I don't know what world u live in where the "number 8 hitter matters just as much as the number 3"

And the Mets offense is hardly "garbage" They were actually one of the better offensive teams over the 2nd half of the season.

Rios is not a "way better hitter than Aoki" in fact, he's not even a better hitter than him.

Obviously, you still think Alex Rios is the hitter he was in 2013 but he has sucked big time at the plate last two yrs. Has 8 hr's over last 900 ab's. To suggest he is a better hitter than Granderson, Wright, d'Arnaud & especially Duda shows u know little bout bases. You should check some stats sometime instead of going off of name recognition from 3 yrs ago.

How much credibility would you give somebody that said Labron or Dawane Wade or Chris Bost?? Prolly not to much.....

LEARN:
    Zobriest = Zobrist
    Degrom = deGrom
    Harvy = Harvey
    Synder = Syndergard

Royals do win this series but u should stick to hoops

123 Last