tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian

USC has fired head coach Steve Sarkisian.

"After careful consideration of what is in the best interest of the university and our student-athletes, I have made the decision to terminate Steve Sarkisian, effective immediately," athletic director Pat Haden wrote in a statement. As soon information started to trickle out on Sunday after Sarkisian was sent home from practice, the flood gates opened. Offensive coordinator Clay Helton will remain interim head coach. Sarkisian was Haden's "guy" during the 2014 offseason and was swift to fire him.
    Source: USC Trojans
    Oct 12 - 4:34 PM

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian

USC has fired head coach Steve Sarkisian.

"After careful consideration of what is in the best interest of the university and our student-athletes, I have made the decision to terminate Steve Sarkisian, effective immediately," athletic director Pat Haden wrote in a statement. As soon information started to trickle out on Sunday after Sarkisian was sent home from practice, the flood gates opened. Offensive coordinator Clay Helton will remain interim head coach. Sarkisian was Haden's "guy" during the 2014 offseason and was swift to fire him.
    Source: USC Trojans
    Oct 12 - 4:34 PM

I thought I conveyed the message just fine.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

sark earned it but hope he fixes his issue... Wonder who usc gets they need a splash after this failure. Bet you they've already talked to chip...

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Hopefully Mark Richt

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

That would be nice for both parties to be honest richt is a good coach he just doesn't have the fire needed for the sec he'd fit in well in PAC-12 country he looks like a so cal guy he was a hippy looking kid ...No more sec pressure he knows how to recruit the south he'll be able to recruit at usc it recruits itself. Dawgs nation will be sorry if they fire coach richt I think. That would be a nice pick up for USC .

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

so sark is a big time alchy? is that why sc sucks?

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

They just fired him??!

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    They just fired him??!
    yeah allegedly he showed up drunk to the special teams practice yesterday.

and that was that...

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Isn't it obvious they are coming back to So cal

Name:  layla-lane_display_image.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  47.7 KB

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Kiffin!! I hate him yet envy him

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Prelude to a firing. Time for Haden to go too. Can Haden fire himself?
    Wow!!! That was fast. Off with Haden's head too. Burn it and start over.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Haden is next

He ruined USC program

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Time to make everything right with the world, Haden. Coach. Motherfukking. Ed. Orgeron.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by TheSchafe View Post
    Time to make everything right with the world, Haden. Coach. Motherfukking. Ed. Orgeron.
    way they treated him he probably tells them to fukk off

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    way they treated him he probably tells them to fukk off
    Perhaps...but he knows what a prestigious position USC HC is. He is meant to be a head coach...I'm sure he can forgive and forget (for the right price).

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by TheSchafe View Post
    Perhaps...but he knows what a prestigious position USC HC is. He is meant to be a head coach...I'm sure he can forgive and forget (for the right price).
    Oh I'm sure I hate USC and knew they should of given him that job

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

A good time to move up an offensive coordinator, Any scuttlebutt on who Haden might replace him with?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I drink alone...with nobody else..you know when I drink alone I prefer not to be coaching USC..

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Former USC HC Steve Sarkisian learned he was fired via texts and emails from friends.

Per ESPN.com‘s Joe Schad, USC athletic director Pat Haden tried to call Sarkisian but he couldn't answer because he was on a plane headed to an out-of-state treatment facility. Haden said he repeatedly tried to get ahold of Sark and and those close to him. When he failed, he sent a letter of termination. "I called him, I texted him, I called three different numbers of his agent, I called his sister," Haden said. "I finally got ahold of his brother-in-law." USC is reportedly trying to fire Sarkisian for cause, which would mean they don't owe him another cent. We'll see if it holds up. "A school source told ESPN’s Shelley Smith that Haden had instituted what was, in effect, a zero-tolerance policy concerning alcohol use with Sarkisian," ESPN reported. "When Sarkisian showed up to meetings Sunday seemingly intoxicated, that was a violation of the agreement, and it resulted in Sarkisian’s dismissal."
    Source: ESPN
    Oct 14 - 5:53 PM

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Former USC HC Steve Sarkisian indicated that he is open to a possible return to coaching in the future.

"I love coaching. I love being around the game of football and Fox gave me an opportunity to be around it [as an in-booth analyst for 2016]." Sarkisian told TMZ, "and we'll see where it goes from there." He was fired from USC in October due to his alcoholism, but Sark is feeling good on a personal level, now, even if he doesn't exactly appear to be knocking down the doors for an immediate coaching return. "Just taking some time to focus on myself and do the things necessary in all aspects of my life, and been fortunate to have that time to do that and, then, feel really good," Sarkisian said.
    Source: ESPN.com
    Aug 17 - 12:24 PM

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

FOX Sports' Clay Travis reports that Alabama will hire former USC HC Steve Sarkisian to serve as an offensive assistant.

All the way back in January, Alabama OC Lane Kiffin said that he would "definitely" hire Sarkisian if he was ever in a position to do so. Kiffin is not in a position to do so, but his desire appears to have morphed into an actual reality. The Tuscaloosa News' Aaron Suttles is reporting that Sarkisian is flying in for an interview on Sunday. If the Tide do, indeed, decide to bring the embattled Sark into their nest, you can expect an official announcement from the university early in the week.
    Source: Clay Travis on Twitter
    Sep 4 - 12:22 PM

First 12