Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

Got The 8th Pick In My Fantasy Draft Today

Have done several mock models, and the majority of them tell me to take Gronkowski. Problem is that it seems to affect the quality of my running backs and wide receivers in the next few rounds. Does anyone really look at him as that big of an asset to take him in the first round? Personally, I'm leaning toward Jeremy Hill. I think he'll be a stud this year.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Problem with taking Gronk is you basically have to wait on a qb. So much of a gap between him and the rest of the tight ends...plus it looks like he's actually healthy

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good luck Boys

I am ANTI fantasy although support your play

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

there's no play Coach

Gronk will be hurt at some point i am thinking pass Klicker

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

dont have to wait on a qb if u take gronk, silly thinking from someone who prob does not play ff. after the big 2 qbs there are about 8-10 others you can win with that will be available in rounds 5-6

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Is it PPR? With full point I'd go WR over gronk at #8. Julio jones, Dez Bryant, DT or Calvin could be around still.

Standard or half point there's only 5 RBs I'd take over gronk: Lacy, Charles, Bell, AD, Lynch.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Is it PPR? With full point I'd go WR over gronk at #8. Julio jones, Dez Bryant, DT or Calvin could be around still.

Standard or half point there's only 5 RBs I'd take over gronk: Lacy, Charles, Bell, AD, Lynch.

Agreed.

In models, Gronk is up there around 8. But his ADP has fell to around 13-16. So you honestly might have a legitimate chance for him in the second. I'd take a top 3 receiver if a full pt ppr.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Marshawn Lynch fell to me at 8. Still got Gronk at 17.
    Last edited by Mr KLC; 09-06-15 at 02:33 PM.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    That's a great first two picks

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Gronk's value should increase with Brady back. I have had 4 drafts and brady didn't go before the 7th round in any of them. Gronk still went 1st in spite of that. Now it's a no brainer to take him as a 1 rounder in the latter part if you can get him

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Gronk's value should increase with Brady back. I have had 4 drafts and brady didn't go before the 7th round in any of them. Gronk still went 1st in spite of that. Now it's a no brainer to take him as a 1 rounder in the latter part if you can get him
    Also got Brady in the 5th round so I can get a double TD with every score. Got Sam Bradford as the backup. Took a flier on injury risks Arian Foster and Roddy White in the later rounds.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Sickk

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

Nice

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Gronk's been falling. Mainly as people just can't get over taking a TE in the first round, but he's a top 5 receiver period.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Also got Brady in the 5th round so I can get a double TD with every score. Got Sam Bradford as the backup. Took a flier on injury risks Arian Foster and Roddy White in the later rounds.
    How many team league? Today had my main draft and I had last pick in a 12 man league and I hate my team. Took Gronk and OBJ back to back. Ended up with shitty RB's Latavius Murray and Melvin Gordon

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    How many team league? Today had my main draft and I had last pick in a 12 man league and I hate my team. Took Gronk and OBJ back to back. Ended up with shitty RB's Latavius Murray and Melvin Gordon
    12 team. 3 backs are Lynch, Gore, and Foster. Only have to start 1 RB, if necessary. Can start 2 if choose to flex one. WR is my issue. Golden Tate, and then a bunch of guys where I hope at least one can step up. Mike Wallace, Roddy White, Eddie Royal, Rueben Randle, and Brian Quick. I figure I can rotate them around for weekly matchups.

paco

That's a super fucken solid team u got imo klc. Ur talking Brady, Gronk, lynch, Gore , Foster, TAte. Who were u drafting against? 4th graders? Lol

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

12 team. 3 backs are Lynch, Gore, and Foster. Only have to start 1 RB, if necessary. Can start 2 if choose to flex one. WR is my issue. Golden Tate, and then a bunch of guys where I hope at least one can step up. Mike Wallace, Roddy White, Eddie Royal, Rueben Randle, and Brian Quick. I figure I can rotate them around for weekly matchups.
    Quick and Royal should be viable starters, health withstanding. Roddy is too old, I think he's done and Randle will be lost in the midst of deep NYG WR position.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

That's a super fucken solid team u got imo klc. Ur talking Brady, Gronk, lynch, Gore , Foster, TAte. Who were u drafting against? 4th graders? Lol
    LOL! People at work. Everybody put $100 in for a winner take all. Feeling good right now if they can all avoid the injury bug. It also helped that I did about 25 mock drafts before getting to this one. I pretty much had a good idea where all the players could be taken in each round.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Quick and Royal should be viable starters, health withstanding. Roddy is too old, I think he's done and Randle will be lost in the midst of deep NYG WR position.
    I'm feeling good about Quick and Wallace. Quick was on a tear before he got injured. I think Bridgewater might do for Wallace what Culpepper did for Carter.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I hate your WRs honestly but the rest of your team is nasty when Foster gets back....I have Foster in most of my leagues and they're saying he should be back sooner than later

WR should be easy to fix though through the season with smart pickups and the rest of the team should pick up the slack anyway

Should be a top 3 regular season team if you manage the team the right way

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I hate your WRs honestly but the rest of your team is nasty when Foster gets back....I have Foster in most of my leagues and they're saying he should be back sooner than later

WR should be easy to fix though through the season with smart pickups and the rest of the team should pick up the slack anyway

Should be a top 3 regular season team if you manage the team the right way
    Yeah, I'm going to ride these guys through Week 4 when the Patriots have their bye week. After that, I can maybe upgrade at WR through trade if Bradford has the year I think he might. Going to hang on to all 3 RB's. They are all older veterans, and who knows when one could go down later in the season. Also got the Texans D/ST. Hoping they have turnovers under Romeo like they did last year.
    Last edited by Mr KLC; 09-06-15 at 11:24 PM.

paco

U guys want to see prolly the worse starting fantasy squad ever?

paco

I would need Eli/ Obj combo every week to just avoid a winless season lol Name:  image.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  23.4 KB

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Paco step up to the counter man

Here is what you do..going into your fukkin pocket and get out $200 of your illegal liquor sales and then put on a fukkin game in a walk up cash bookie joint in Detroit

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16685

Hatethisshitteam lolz

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Think your RB are hurting
    Points Awarded:

paco gave Wrigley 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

U guys want to see prolly the worse starting fantasy squad ever?
    Don't be so quick to discount Melvin Gordon, think he's going to have a good year. Have him on two teams, had pretty good luck with rookie rb's in the past.

KLC, see if you can snag Charles Johnson, seems to have good rapport with Bridgewater. I think he'll have a better year than Wallace. Just my opinion. Good luck.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave swordsandtequila 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

I'm feeling good about Quick and Wallace. Quick was on a tear before he got injured. I think Bridgewater might do for Wallace what Culpepper did for Carter.
    Majority of wallaces fantasy points last year were off TDs. Won't happen this year. He doesn't have report with teddy yet, and AD is getting the rock in the redzone.

paco

Gronk with the seasons 1st td

paco

Td #2!

KingHutch
    KingHutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

He will get another

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

I am having a very good day. This is why I drafted Brady after I was able to snag Gronk in the 2nd round.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave Mr KLC 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KingHutch
    KingHutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

I am having a very good day. This is why I drafted Brady after I was able to snag Gronk in the 2nd round.
    Cannot believe Gronk fell to you in the 2nd

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

I would need Eli/ Obj combo every week to just avoid a winless season lol Name:  image.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  23.4 KB
    how many teams in your league? RBs are a wild card, they could surprise

12 Last