texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

once again, i'm in the minority. this is not my day.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

according to this forum, no one likes minorities.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

crosby a stud

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Bump this when he wins the Stanley cup this year. You're about to see an epic pens run

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    NYR don't look good at all, how could this team be awesome in the second half, in these 2 games they look like crap!! Garbage league, no standouts. NBA is the best post season next to ncaa baskets...where stars shine and the action is superb!!
    Stars stand out? Is it fun to know every single year that only three maybe four teams max and I do mean max can win it all. I would describe that as incredibly boring. It's been like that in the nba for the last 20 years. At least with the NHL there's a surprise factor to who could win. I don't want to know the ending of something I watch do you?

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

paco is washed hob

nyplayer33 proving as he did last year is a fukkin' moron.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Paco is there a way I can subscribe to these jinx threads before they happen?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

The Pittsburgh Penguins announced Monday that captain Sidney Crosby has been diagnosed with a concussion. Just how long the Pens will be without the reigning Conn Smythe Award winner remains uncertain.

According to head coach Mike Sullivan, Crosby was injured during practice Friday, but won't say how.

With Crosby's concussion history, this is obviously a delicate situation for the Pens and not something they'll be rushing him back from despite his importance to the team.

The 29-year-old has been mostly healthy over these last three seasons, save for a few minor bumps and bruises, and that one bout with the mumps. He's also been playing some of his best hockey over that span as well, with 273 points over those last three seasons.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/pe...us-uncertain/#

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Members of Congress Ask N.H.L. for More Concussion Information

Four members of Congress want more answers from Gary Bettman, the commissioner of the N.H.L., about what the league is doing, or not doing, about concussions in hockey.

In July, Bettman denied the link between concussions and chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or C.T.E., in response to pointed questions from Sen. Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut. Last week, another letter was sent to Bettman saying, in part, that “the N.H.L. must do its part to reduce the risk of head injuries and to make hockey, at all levels, a safer game.”

In comparing N.H.L. concussion protocols unfavorably to those of the N.F.L., Major League Baseball and U.S. Soccer, the representatives from the Committee on Energy and Commerce asked a series of seven questions about concussion protocol, concussion statistics, the rationale for rules changes over the years and the league’s plans to make the game safer for players ranging from youth to professional.

They also questioned the role of fighting in the N.H.L., and noted that emails among Bettman and other league officials indicated that, privately, they acknowledged that fighting can lead to concussions and other long-term health problems.

Brain injuries sustained on the ice have affected some of the league’s top players. The Pittsburgh Penguins announced on Monday that Sidney Crosby, who earned the Conn Smythe as the most valuable players in the playoffs last season in the Penguins’ run to the Stanley Cup, would miss the season opener after sustaining another concussion.

Crosby has missed considerable time in recent years because of concussions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/11/sp...smtyp=cur&_r=0

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

i thought this was another bill crosby thread

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Dallas Stars forward Patrick Sharp is dealing with concussion-like symptoms after leaving Thursday's contest versus the Los Angeles Kings.

Head coach Lindy Ruff said Sharp will be out "a while" following the game, according to Mike Heika of The Dallas Morning News.

Sharp was hit cleanly by Kings defenseman Brayden McNabb in the second period, but fell awkwardly as he went headfirst into the boards.

Stars forward Patrick Eaves also left the game with a lower-body injury, and will be further evaluated on Friday.

The loss of Sharp comes at a terrible time for the Stars, as they deal with a slew of injuries to key forwards, including Ales Hemsky and Jiri Hudler.

Through four games this season, Sharp has recorded one assist.

http://www.thescore.com/news/1114501...medium=twitter

First 12