And a lateral move at RB.

Sounds brilliant
    Please

That 2005 Longhorns NC visor is clouding your vision

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Murray is a great RB but Dallas can plug any decent RB and they will be fine...win win for both teams even though no one wants to hear that

MoneyM1ke
    MoneyM1ke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12747

Eagles got Kiko, Matthews and Murray for the price they would of paid McCoy Dallas lost Murray for nothing

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    coach gets it. that o-line is great. i don't even like the damn cowboys, and am not coming to their rescue, but it's not worth paying a guy significant money when he has had his most productive year at the rb position. these guys always, it might even be like 100% of the time, take a dip after 400+ carries in a year. let chip kelly have him, who cares. he'll be hurt after two weeks anyway.

Gordon built for NFL
    Dallas should draft him

TheHumanTripod
    TheHumanTripod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Let's see how Bradford does many think he has a lot of talent
    haha do you have a major split personality? Just yesterday you couldn't talk enough shit about Bradford.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4994

Chip loves Mariotta and knows Browns like Bradford he will try to get Cleveland's two first round picks by dealing Bradford, players, and some lower round picks.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Everyone wants to be the next Bellicek

I realize Murray was a FA and the Bradford trade didn't directly involve Murray. But Bradford being in Philly played a big role in Murray going to Philly IMO. And that makes the trade and Murray signing indirectly linked. I don't think Murray goes to Philly if Bradford isn't there and I think Kelly knew this. Murray was more his trophy than Bradford. Bradford was simply fish bait.

And that to me is pretty fukking impressive.

I don't think last years work load will affect Murray much next year, am I being naive? He's got the whole off season to recover
    If that was Kelly's game plan from the beginning (use Bradford to get Murray), then kudos to him. I doubt this though as the Eagles went after Gore first. However, with the caveats they had in place in the Bradford trade, I doubt they were getting Bradford with 100% confidence that he is their starting QB next season. I guess it could be a hedge against another catastrophic injury that ends Bradford's season early. Either way, not a lot of confidence in him I suspect.

As far as the work load affecting him next year. To be blunt, yes, you are being naive. The #'s are out there. After a 300 carry season, a RB's performance goes down. Murray had almost 400 carries! I read an article (was for fantasy football but fantasy points are obviously based on yards and TD's) that 75% of backs who have had over 300 carries in the last decade decreased their performance the following season. Injuries, wear and tear, age, and defenses focusing on them more all lead to this. It's like a 31 year old RB. Some things are just written in stone. Very few exceptions to the rule.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

If half of these injury-prone guys stay healthy, Chip will look like a genius. That's a big "if".

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11488

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyM1ke View Post
    Bradford easily comeback player of the year next season
    I guess you already forgot when Philly assembled that "dream team" via free agency that went 5-11 a few years ago. Plenty of people were ready to hand them the SB trophy before training camp started.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    Chip loves Mariotta and knows Browns like Bradford he will try to get Cleveland's two first round picks by dealing Bradford, players, and some lower round picks.
    nobody likes Bradford.

What is to like ? guy gets paid a ton of money to be horrible at his job.

Philly fans will be throwing batteries at Bradford by week 3
    (if he hasnt already landed on IR)

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    I guess you already forgot when Philly assembled that "dream team" via free agency that went 5-11 a few years ago. Plenty of people were ready to hand them the SB trophy before training camp started.
    What's that have to do with this team?

And for the record, nobody thought they were actually a dream team. That was simply one player running his mouth. We all knew that team lacked real talent and depth on both sides of the ball. They were the furthest thing from a dream team and we didn't need to see them go 5-11 to validate that.

But Kelly wasn't there, that wasn't on him. This team today is nothing like that team of losers. Philly wins the division this year in the last game of the year

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

It still baffles me why you trade Foles for Bradford?

I remember before Foles got hurt how I really didn't look forward to having to beat that guy for the division every single year. I thought Philly had their QB for a long time. Bradford never worried me like that.

Not to mention the Eagles are now paying $13 million to Bradford, while the Rams are only paying $1.5 mill to Foles. In what world is that a better deal for Philly??

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Floes would of got to Phila to playoffs last year if he did not get hurt

Sanchez was horrific other than a few games

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Foles isn't that good. Eagles knew that. He had that one year where the league hadn't seen him yet. He was regressing last year.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Foles isn't that good. Eagles knew that. He had that one year where the league hadn't seen him yet. He was regressing last year.
    true but why pay 13 million for Bradford?

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Will be restructured and extended

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

What im getting out of all this is that the grand scheme was to get Murray so Chip the genius got Bradford (the most important position on the field) to lure Murray in? Chip is so smart that he knew in this grand scheme Murray would break down and call the Eagles to see if they have any interest? Chip sat quietly even tho there were 31 other teams that could have signed Murray.
    If Murray hadn't of signed this town would still be going nuts. No way no how when all of this started did Chip the genius ever think Murray would be his starting running back. Chips trades have sucked and luckily for him Murray bailed him out big time. Now Chip needs to find a receiver to add to a bad wide receiving core. Then we can talk about the Eagles being better. One thing i will say is that Chip realizes his defense sucks and is doing something about it. Sometimes these offensive coaches think they are so smart they can just out score people.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    What im getting out of all this is that the grand scheme was to get Murray so Chip the genius got Bradford (the most important position on the field) to lure Murray in? Chip is so smart that he knew in this grand scheme Murray would break down and call the Eagles to see if they have any interest? Chip sat quietly even tho there were 31 other teams that could have signed Murray.
    If Murray hadn't of signed this town would still be going nuts. No way no how when all of this started did Chip the genius ever think Murray would be his starting running back. Chips trades have sucked and luckily for him Murray bailed him out big time. Now Chip needs to find a receiver to add to a bad wide receiving core. Then we can talk about the Eagles being better. One thing i will say is that Chip realizes his defense sucks and is doing something about it. Sometimes these offensive coaches think they are so smart they can just out score people.
    This team has improved by every deal he has made. Only position that is weaker now then the end of the season is wr

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    This team has improved by every deal he has made. Only position that is weaker now then the end of the season is wr
    So his deal giving Shady up for an Injured guy made them stronger? Taken away a top three back in the league for a guy all busted up made them stronger? Don't give me the Murray crap. That wasn't part of the deal.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

I know it's tough for The 2011 SBR poster of the year to think clearly with Jerry Jones dik firmly up his ass but let's think for a minute here. Foles was not the answer in the spread offense chip wants to run. Though I questioned bringing in Bradford if healthy he ran the spread offense in college and I think it can work here. Guy always played on a bad team from behind, forces to pass 40-45 times a game so of course he took more hits. That won't happen in Philly.

Murray a lateral move than McCoy? I'd love to hear the logic to that.

Why bring up maclin? He hit a HR on the deal w KC. No way he's worth 11mil. Plenty of great WR in this years draft.

If Murray was using Philly as "leverage" then why not just sign with raiders who offered him WAY MORE $$. Again, no logic to what you're saying

So, he gets Murray & Mathews for what McCoy would have made this year plus a starting LB. O line will be fine.

Bitter cowgirl fans.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    I know it's tough for The 2011 SBR poster of the year to think clearly with Jerry Jones dik firmly up his ass but let's think for a minute here. Foles was not the answer in the spread offense chip wants to run. Though I questioned bringing in Bradford if healthy he ran the spread offense in college and I think it can work here. Guy always played on a bad team from behind, forces to pass 40-45 times a game so of course he took more hits. That won't happen in Philly.

Murray a lateral move than McCoy? I'd love to hear the logic to that.

Why bring up maclin? He hit a HR on the deal w KC. No way he's worth 11mil. Plenty of great WR in this years draft.

If Murray was using Philly as "leverage" then why not just sign with raiders who offered him WAY MORE $$. Again, no logic to what you're saying

So, he gets Murray & Mathews for what McCoy would have made this year plus a starting LB. O line will be fine.

Bitter cowgirl fans.
    The team gets a receiver they are better. I love how these guys are doped into over evaluating Foles because of one season. Foles is a Fitzpatrick type of guy who will bounce around in about 2 years to about five different teams.
    Points Awarded:

USCPHILLYGUY gave Thor4140 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 249

Genius

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 249

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Still may get traded again

opie1988

I love how Philly fans keep pointing to how successful Bradford was running this same offense at OU.

The NFL defenses may be just a tad better than Iowa St, you dig.

FYI....that lethal combo of Bradford/Murray was 5-3 in the Big 12 that year. Dominant!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    Still may get traded again

Zero chance. No one in their right mind would take Bradford at $13 million this next year.

Well....besides Chip, I guess.

I still don't get it.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I love how Philly fans keep pointing to how successful Bradford was running this same offense at OU.

FYI....that lethal combo of Bradford/Murray was 5-3 in the Big 12 that year. Dominant!
    darren mcfadden was good in college too

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

You could have said Kansas, ya prick!

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    So his deal giving Shady up for an Injured guy made them stronger? Taken away a top three back in the league for a guy all busted up made them stronger? Don't give me the Murray crap. That wasn't part of the deal.
    So you are saying Kiko, Murray and Matthews isn't a better package then Mccoy by himself? That was part of the deal, as the cap space was opened up as part of the move

Qb got arguably better, rb got better, linebacker got better, secondary got better... only position that went the other way is wr

opie1988

darren mcfadden was good in college too
    We got McFadden for $200k guaranteed.

You have Sam fukkin Bradford and Murray for $35 MILLION GUARANTEED!!

Good luck

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

dlunc3

We got McFadden for $200k guaranteed.

You have Sam fukkin Bradford and Murray for $35 MILLION GUARANTEED!!

Good luck
    and are a much better team then the cowgirlies bc of it

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Zero chance. No one in their right mind would take Bradford at $13 million this next year.

Well....besides Chip, I guess.

I still don't get it.
    Rams GM said in Foles presser that they had MULTIPLE teams interested in Bradford. He will not be an Eagle on April 30th

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it!

bdrrjc
    Update your status
    bdrrjc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1158

He's a genius. He still have Marc Sanchez that can runs his offense.
    Now he has Murray.

Thor4140

So you are saying Kiko, Murray and Matthews isn't a better package then Mccoy by himself? That was part of the deal, as the cap space was opened up as part of the move

Qb got arguably better, rb got better, linebacker got better, secondary got better... only position that went the other way is wr
    Yes it is better but that wasn't the deal. The deal was the top back in the NFL for KIko. That is my point. When he made the deal he had no fukin idea he was getting Murray. Murray fell into his lap.

opie1988

and are a much better team then the cowgirlies bc of it
    You said this same thing last year.

Before you gave me my points for the boys winning the division.

So in your mind....Bradford to Cooper is a much more dynamic duo than Foles to Maclin?

Ok

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

You said this same thing last year.

Before you gave me my points for the boys winning the division.

So in your mind....Bradford to Cooper is a much more dynamic duo than Foles to Maclin?

Ok
    Why do you insist on still talking about the WR position? This is a great draft for that position. Why not focus on the 3 headed monster (Murray - Matthews - Sproles) and how any D can defend that. I'd respect any cowgirl fan more if you'd just admit that losing the offensive mvp of the league is huge and on top of that to a division rival. It has to hurt. To keep saying it was your O line & not murrays talent is just laughable

First 123 Last