TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Aren't You Guys Getting Tired Of The Inconsistencies Of NFL/NCAA Officiating?

I'm getting tired of it. Lions just got screwed on that 1st down call. Marked it at the 10 clearly was out at the 9. Cost the Lions a first down. How do we wager money on this crap when we don't even get a fair deal. Man... just call it down the middle. Makes me wonder how so obvious that was a first down.... and it cost the Over on that decision.... under backers win 1st half. Something is always suspicious.
    Points Awarded:

yisman gave TheMoneyShot 2000 Betpoint(s) for this post.

yisman gave TheMoneyShot 4010 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Have you ever spilled your drink, Money?

Did you do it on purpose? Of course not.

The moral of the story: humans make errors.

TheMoneyShot

Horrible Officials...

Ron Cherry

Jerome Boger

Tony Corrente

All call sh#$ games.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

tough to officiate these games

lose lose situation

its let them play or call it real tight

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Just to many rules and they keep coming up with new ones. It's ridiculous I agree and a major contribution to why it's getting harder to watch. Thank god as a Raider fan they abolished the tuck rule even tho it should have never existed. But who comes up with some of this crap really?!? That's just one ex of a hundred terrible moronic rules that leaves you scratching your head. It's JUST football don't over think it and let them play!! Fukkin rule book should not be the size of a stacked set of encyclopedias.

SH Fontes
    SH Fontes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Lions game was fixed.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by SH Fontes View Post
    Lions game was fixed.
    SH FONTES

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Its impossible to call these games 100% correct in real time without having huge delays to let the refs discuss and steal the show.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Canes got buttfucked by that fumble that was deemed an incompletion

Not as bad as umpires in baseball whose strike zones vary you have some fat idiot who maybe had a bad lunch and decides to have a strike zone the size of an apple

I wish they could automate it and get rid of all of them, they have too much power

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I agree

Way too inconsistent

You have to worry about human error, the possibility of human judgement being swayed due to favoritism, ego, or the game being "fixed"

Then there are times when a team doesn't get calls when the call is clear

One of the touchdowns for the Colts last night was BLATANT offensive pass interference due to the guy pushing off, but it was not called. Every other time it gets called. Other instances of debatable offensive pass interference can be seen in the Notre Dame/Florida State game.

Who knows who the better team is anymore in big games due to all the inconsistency in calls?

Calls should be challenged or reviewable. Why can't all flags be quickly reviewed in New York and the guy quickly tells the refs whether the flag should be picked up or not?

The games are so long anyway, it doesn't really matter

Then you have the incorrect calls of blow to the head contact, unnecessary roughness, etc etc I can go on and on

Something has to give

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Since it's the head referee that watches replays and makes the decision. Teams should also be able to challenge penalties. There are way too many times a big play is negated from a phantom holding call, or a BS PI call gives a team 50 yds. You can't really blame the officials, it's amazing with all they have to watch, they do as good a job as they do. This will give another avenue to getting it right on the field.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Ever seen a Receiver drop the ball when he is wide open ?

Sammy is tired of that too when betting on his team

Spedizzo

I hate when the refs see a fumble recovery for a touchdown, aren't sure if it was a fumble or not, say the runner was down and blow the play dead, and then they review it and realize that it was a fumble, but it isn't a touchdown because the play was blown dead

anything that can potentially be a touchdown that has uncertainty should be called a TD

especially if it can be reviewed

TheMoneyShot

All great posts. Good reads.

This defensive contact call after 5 yards is ridiculous. Some officials are still letting some WR and CB get physical... and some still aren't. I think this has to be called less. Offensive pass interference calls have been called inconsistently. Hands to the face is another BS penalty. Every player gets smacked in the grill on each play within a second... refs don't call it each play.

Just like John Madden said in one of the Madden video games... "Holding occurs on every single play... it's whether the official wants to call it or not." Madden

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Have you ever spilled your drink, Money?

Did you do it on purpose? Of course not.

The moral of the story: humans make errors.
    Fine they made a mistake, but they went to review and still came back with same call when there was clear evidence lions got the first down

Spedizzo

theres also about 10 hands to the face calls made each game as well

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

This defensive contact call after 5 yards is ridiculous.

Chris Collinsworth made a good recommendation last night on SNF

Extend the rule to 10yds -- let them play football <10yds

Spedizzo

does anyone like the current NFL product?

we love the game, but they are making the product worse than it needs to be

very disappointing

every single big play

look around for flags

because there usually is one

Sam Odom

Should just adopt Canadian FB rules

In The Money
    In The Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2069

I'm getting tired of it. Lions just got screwed on that 1st down call. Marked it at the 10 clearly was out at the 9. Cost the Lions a first down. How do we wager money on this crap when we don't even get a fair deal. Man... just call it down the middle. Makes me wonder how so obvious that was a first down.... and it cost the Over on that decision.... under backers win 1st half. Something is always suspicious.
    TMS stop wasting time with these threads! Go back to the saloon with the real threads
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

Axman3000
    Axman3000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

The ball placement after a down is what has really been annoying me lately. My KC Chiefs lost a potential TD due to a bad placement and I have seen it happen over and over again. The NFL needs to seriously think about putting tiny sensors in the balls and the field to pinpoint the exact location of where a ball stopped. While I always like to keep tradition in sports I have always been an advocate for using technology to make a sport more fair and accurate.

Jakenv21
    Update your status
    Jakenv21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6714

The NFL needs to do what college does on hits to the head and pick up the damn flag when its clear as day that it was a clean hit and not "targeting". The hit on Sanders was a brutal hit but I saw nothing illegal about it. The flag should have gotten picked up. Its like if the player gets injured there is a flag. Let the boys play.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

All great posts. Good reads.

This defensive contact call after 5 yards is ridiculous. Some officials are still letting some WR and CB get physical... and some still aren't. I think this has to be called less. Offensive pass interference calls have been called inconsistently. Hands to the face is another BS penalty. Every player gets smacked in the grill on each play within a second... refs don't call it each play.

Just like John Madden said in one of the Madden video games... "Holding occurs on every single play... it's whether the official wants to call it or not." Madden
    Of every 1,000 passes thrown in the NFL, there's some kind of contact beyond 5 yards of the line on probably 999 of them. Which ones get called and why? Who knows?

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

it was especially awful yesterday

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Fine they made a mistake, but they went to review and still came back with same call when there was clear evidence lions got the first down
    Paco... what about that crazy play when Detroit punted the ball to Arizona... Arizona's man clearly pushed the ball forward at the 1 yard line so his teammates would down it... Detroit grabs the ball... takes off running... I think we ran it to the 50 yard line... Arizona challenges the ruling and based upon video evidence the Arizona player was deemed down at the 1 yard line.

When do you ever!!!!! EVER!!!!!! see that called? NEVER. Jerome Boger needs a hooked on phonics class. You have to be an absolute imbecile to make a call like that. He clearly was batting the ball forward so it wouldn't be a touchback. His momentum would of taken himself and the ball into the end zone. Just an absolute bonehead Jerome Boger is... awful awful awful calls the entire game.

Arrowhead
    Arrowhead's Avatar Become A Pro!

The zebras missed so many interference calls in The Chiefs game yesterday it was shameful. Luckily the Chiefs were not hurt by it too much.

Spedizzo

There was also a huge play in which the Lions had to make a third down stop on the Cards

It looked very clear that he was a few feet short with forward progress, even the announcers thought so

The refs place the ball like a yard after the first down

I don't think the Lions had the ability to challenge

They might as well play backyard football

Flagrant1
    Flagrant1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

Jerome Boger is the worst.