Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Lester and A Miller to the Pirates?

Looking like this is going to be the best offer the Redsox get from anyone, and the Pirates have the Minor League outfielders to trade since the MLB outfield is signed for a few years.......Bell, Meadows and Rameriz for Lester and A Miller... Works for everyone and allows Lester to go back on the market at seasons end, Since the Pirates wont be willing to sign him to a crazy contract....

Lets do it, I dont want to see Matt Kemp in Boston, plus sending Lester to a place he may like and a team that can afford to sign him wouldnt be good for the Redsox chances of getting him back.....

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

That's the talk. We shall see.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Why would the Pirates give up alot for a 1/2 year rental? They won't sign Lester on the open market after the season....I don't know how good those prospects are but seems a bad move if any of them have a bright future

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Matt Kemp is overrated

Footballtime

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Why would the Pirates give up alot for a 1/2 year rental? They won't sign Lester on the open market after the season....I don't know how good those prospects are but seems a bad move if any of them have a bright future
    For a chance at the world series, its not like these guys will be in the big leagues anytime soon, With McCutchen, marte, Polanco and Harrison i dont think any of these guys will be playing the outfield in pittsburg anytime soon....

Bostongambler

To make a solid run at the Chip. Get Lester and Miller , and bang ur odds increase 10 fold.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

I don't see them giving up all 3

maybe one or two

interestingly Jose Tabata an OF at AAA Indianapolis just got pulled from a game and was reportedly hugging teammates

Bell and meadows are top 50 prospects I believe.

Bell could see MLB time next year, he might be tabbed to move to 1b

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Rather trade useful prospects for a Pitcher that will be there more than half a year....They're not one pitcher away IMO

Bad management but would be good for the Sox

Again, no clue how highly rated these prospects are

Footballtime

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    I don't see them giving up all 3

maybe one or two

interestingly Jose Tabata an OF at AAA Indianapolis just got pulled from a game and was reportedly hugging teammates

Bell and meadows are top 50 prospects I believe.

Bell could see MLB time next year, he might be tabbed to move to 1b
    Yeah i think i read something about Tabata being outrighted to the minors, from what i read the pirates are on the hook for around 11 million to him for the next couple years....Redsox could work with that, especially with the Pirates picking up his tab.....

Guinser
    Guinser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Would hate if Bucs got rid of Bell and Meadows. I'm ok trading one for a piece like
    Lester for the stretch run

Footballtime

Rather trade useful prospects for a Pitcher that will be there more than half a year....They're not one pitcher away IMO

Bad management but would be good for the Sox

Again, no clue how highly rated these prospects are
    Moneyline, the Pirates are only a couple game sout of the playoffs.......Once you get in anything can happen......

Footballtime

Quote Originally Posted by Guinser View Post
    Would hate if Bucs got rid of Bell and Meadows. I'm ok trading one for a piece like
    Lester for the stretch run
    A Miller isnt coming for Free..................Guy is a solid left handed reliever who throws in the mid 90's........

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Lester scratched Wednesday so he is likely going SOMEWHERE.

killacappapilla
    killacappapilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 561

Pirates aren't going to give up 3 prospects for a a half year rental. Not even guaranteed a wild card spot yet let alone a chance at the world series.

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

he's going to the fish..

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by importmoon View Post
    he's going to the fish..
    It is down to the Pirates, Dodgers or Cardinals

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

He is going to milwaukee

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Pirates need to jump on their opportunity to win it all. It doesn't come along often and like it has been said, their outfield is already set. Go for it all this year and don't look back. You don't have the money to contend year after year. I say take a shot when you have a shot even if you lose Lester after the year, which is inevitable anyway.

The Pirates deserve another shot, 35 years later...I love Pirate fans, a great family friend passed and he would love it.

Pirates/Yankees would be a dream for my family at this point. Though, who knows since one has to lose.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by jbart28 View Post
    He is going to milwaukee
    No, Brewers are out of the running, it is a 3-team race

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Pirates need to jump on their opportunity to win it all. It doesn't come along often and like it has been said, their outfield is already set. Go for it all this year and don't look back. You don't have the money to contend year after year. I say take a shot when you have a shot even if you lose Lester after the year, which is inevitable anyway.

The Pirates deserve another shot, 35 years later...I love Pirate fans, a great family friend passed and he would love it.

Pirates/Yankees would be a dream for my family at this point. Though, who knows since one has to lose.
    Would Love to see Pirates make it to the WS.

LT Profits

Pirates are now down to third choice.

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Dodgers and Cardinals "appear to be the teams most aggressively competing" for Jon Lester and David Price.
    Lester is virtually certain to get moved after being scratched from Wednesday's scheduled start, while Price's status is more up the air with the Rays back in the playoff hunt. Heyman writes that the Pirates "are still involved to some degree on the Lester front, but they are reluctant to surrender top prospects for a rental, seeming to place them third in the derby at the moment." It could be an interesting battle between the Dodgers and Cardinals for Lester and perhaps Price, as they both have the prospects to deal and the room to add payroll.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Pirates are now down to third choice.

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Dodgers and Cardinals "appear to be the teams most aggressively competing" for Jon Lester and David Price.
    Lester is virtually certain to get moved after being scratched from Wednesday's scheduled start, while Price's status is more up the air with the Rays back in the playoff hunt. Heyman writes that the Pirates "are still involved to some degree on the Lester front, but they are reluctant to surrender top prospects for a rental, seeming to place them third in the derby at the moment." It could be an interesting battle between the Dodgers and Cardinals for Lester and perhaps Price, as they both have the prospects to deal and the room to add payroll.
    Exactly...if you're trading away top prospects atleast get someone with a year left on their contract

My point was there are other pitchers out there that aren't a half season rental....Lester is good but it's that type of short term thinking that will get franchises in trouble

LT Profits

Pirates are back in the running.

MLB.com's Peter Gammons reports that the Dodgers are no longer pursuing Jon Lester, David Price and Cole Hamels.

The Dodgers are refusing to give up Joc Pederson, Corey Seager or Julio Urias in any deal, which makes acquiring one of the aforementioned aces an impossibility. Gammons said they're now focused on adding a back-end starter and bullpen help. With the Cardinals also out of the picture, it appears the Lester market might be down to the Pirates and A's.

Source: Peter Gammons on Twitter

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

ball is shifting to the buyer's market for this piece i'd think