sf: kobe

pf: julius randle

c: ed. davis.

let's rock!
    umm I think we can pencil in linsanity bro

ithinkiamgood
    ithinkiamgood's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3411

Everyone will take the over bcuz they look improved on paper dont light your cash on fire like that

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkiamgood View Post
    Everyone will take the over bcuz they look improved on paper dont light your cash on fire like that

Everyone on this board thinks the lakers somehow turned into an 8 win team. I'll see what the line is and bet accordingly, but if you said 30 wins I would say over. I would also take a flyer on the Lakers to make the playoffs depending on the line.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    whats funny is this roster is much improved over last season and if kobe scores 28ppg+ its a playoff team.
    HAHAHHAAHAHAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAH

in perspective, dallas won 49 games as the 8th seed
    lakers will be lucky to be .500
    if kobe can get this team to the playoffs, he should be mvp

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Boozer is no where near as bad people think he is...for that price..its a bargain for the Lakers...they are rebuilding and developing players for the first time in 20 years (Kobe,Worthy)...Kobe is the only one who thinks he is playing for a championship...If they do in fact hire Byron Scott...they might win 35 or so games...as long as Scott is willing to slap the shit out of Kobe when he tries to bully Randle and Lin...should be interesting...

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Boozer is no where near as bad people think he is...for that price..its a bargain for the Lakers...they are rebuilding and developing players for the first time in 20 years (Kobe,Worthy)...Kobe is the only one who thinks he is playing for a championship...If they do in fact hire Byron Scott...they might win 35 or so games...as long as Scott is willing to slap the shit out of Kobe when he tries to bully Randle and Lin...should be interesting...
    I don't think Boozer is horrible either. I was actually hoping there was some way the Clippers could bring him in over "Big Baby". (There was really no way of that happening.)

But to think the Lakers can make the playoffs is rough. Kobe is 35 years old, coming off a major injury and he's the only real star there. They would also have to jump The Spurs, OKC, Clips, Rockets, Blazers, Warriors, Grizz and Mavs to do it. That's not going to be easy with that roster.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

This stiff should just retire and go spend his money.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by tokio View Post
    Kobe wont play the whole season, guarantee it.
    i guarantee it too

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I don't think Boozer is horrible either. I was actually hoping there was some way the Clippers could bring him in over "Big Baby". (There was really no way of that happening.)

But to think the Lakers can make the playoffs is rough. Kobe is 35 years old, coming off a major injury and he's the only real star there. They would also have to jump The Spurs, OKC, Clips, Rockets, Blazers, Warriors, Grizz and Mavs to do it. That's not going to be easy with that roster.
    Agreed...Playoffs are a stretch for this team...its not 2009/10.....western conference has no sympathy for mediocre teams anymore...Lakers will have to do better than Phoenix/Dallas who will be in a dog fight for the 8th spot. Carlyle is a genius..and Hornacek is doing a masterful job over there in Phoenix so its going to be tough for the Lakeshow to get in with that roster...

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Lol the lakers are the worst team by a mile its not like they are finishing ahead of the pelicans or nuggets

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Colby is going to ball hog this year and love it

It's basically how he wants to end his career

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    I hate Boozer but I agree, he isn't that bad in the right role. He should never be a starter again but coming off the bench he will do fine. He can hit a few jumpers and not have to defend the opposing teams starting 4.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13197

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post

It's not possible. Could still name a few other teams that are better

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    umm I think we can pencil in linsanity bro
    this is how i see pg rotation:

pg: nash, clarkson, marshall, kobe, lin

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post

Marshall got cut before this post, and Lin is solid like that

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Marshall got cut before this post, and Lin is solid like that
    that sucks. he did stink it up in summer league though. better he didn't play. at least he would have been picked up by another team based on last year's play.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

something to remember if the lakers have a pick outside the top 5, it will go to phoenix. the boozer move improves the team SLIGHTLY which might be a bad thing. team looks like they will win 30-35 to me, not even close to the playoffs.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Lol the lakers are the worst team by a mile its not like they are finishing ahead of the pelicans or nuggets
    damn...thats cold..lol.......Folks know where I stand with Kobe...but Lakers are already better than they were last year...they are not the worst team in the league or the West for that matter...they just need to quit screwing around and hire Byron Scott...he believes in defense...and he will not put up with Kobe's nonsense...first thing he did when his name was brought up as a candidate is call Kobe out in the press...lol...35-40 wins easy with this guy at the helm...

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I hate Boozer but I agree, he isn't that bad in the right role. He should never be a starter again but coming off the bench he will do fine. He can hit a few jumpers and not have to defend the opposing teams starting 4.
    He indeed will pick up the slack when Hill and Sacre need rest....the Lakers gave up an unholy amount of points in the paint last year...with the absence of Dwight and Dumbtoni's refusal to play Jordan Hill...i expect that to change fairly quickly with Boozer and Hill getting more minutes...

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post

Nash is finished and looking for work as an actor ....Marshall was waived a few hours ago...Kobe will not allow Lin to touch the ball...the team only really has one point guard and that is Kobe...unless Bryon Scott is hired...at which point he will slap fire out Kobe's ass...and allow Lin play the 1..as he was brought in to do...

First 12