muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    how do you know what I would or would not do. Way to troll this thread a full day later. I was wrong, have you always been right? You've never had opinions of a game. The line before ot was -140 or lower for the rangers. Thats 35+ less then the opening line so I thought the books thought montreal would win. I was wrong what else would you like me to say. go find some more dead threads and make comments
    I'll answer in order you asked.

#1 - I base my belief on your first 2 posts. (By the way..if the books are "never wrong", they must print money for themselves every year)
    #2 - My reply came 6 minutes after the one before me. Is there a shelf life on replying to these?
    #3 - I've been wrong countless times. Wrong analysis, wrong guess. As someone who doesn't buy into the "books always know" or "it's rigged" mindset though - never made a pick on that thinking.

My point is the same as before (see #1). Had Montreal cashed (which appeared to be the better bet since from where I sat, they had all the confidence and the Rangers looked more fatigued and the plus money seemed like a good spot) - It would have fed the delusional "rigged" or "the books are never wrong" goofballs.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11431

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    What's funny, is that in a (generally) 50/50 proposition, you wouldn't nearly be as contrite had Montreal won.

It'd be all about how the books knew...the league planned it...

Instead, it's "oh well".

And people wonder why Touts still exist and flourish?

"Trust me, my sources tell me which side the league needs in tonight's game. Stop guessing and go with a guy with proven connections who already knows how this one ends!!!!"

True dat.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    I'll answer in order you asked.

#1 - I base my belief on your first 2 posts. (By the way..if the books are "never wrong", they must print money for themselves every year)
    #2 - My reply came 6 minutes after the one before me. Is there a shelf life on replying to these?
    #3 - I've been wrong countless times. Wrong analysis, wrong guess. As someone who doesn't buy into the "books always know" or "it's rigged" mindset though - never made a pick on that thinking.

My point is the same as before (see #1). Had Montreal cashed (which appeared to be the better bet since from where I sat, they had all the confidence and the Rangers looked more fatigued and the plus money seemed like a good spot) - It would have fed the delusional "rigged" or "the books are never wrong" goofballs.
    Books do print money year in and year out man i dont know where youve been. Theres plenty of examples where line numbers are telling on who is going to win. This time it wasnt the case but to be honest you looking at pure statistics and making your pick isnt any more of an advantage then someone who studies how the lines are set and how they move. They are best in your case equal but I think knowing lines is a better advantage. As for for rigged comment, I'm slightly jaded but honestly we cant really discuss that topic because both sides dont have legitimate proof so we would just banter back and forth and never reach a conclusion.

First 12