Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Talent wise Ohio State is the best team in the country.

Not even top 5

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    So what do you think will happen if the fans are allowed to vote in polls? The teams with the most fans will get the votes and be ranked higher regardless if they deserve it or not.
    pavy, I would never endorse fan voting. I'm just saying that coaches don't have time to worry about more teams than whats on their schedule. Sure they may watch ESPN or read the paper but I don't necessarily believe coaches know more about what's going on around college football than hardcore fans like you or myself. There will always be favoritism in polls no matter who's voting.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTongueFox View Post
    pavy, I would never endorse fan voting. I'm just saying that coaches don't have time to worry about more teams than whats on their schedule. Sure they may watch ESPN or read the paper but I don't necessarily believe coaches know more about what's going on around college football than hardcore fans like you or myself. There will always be favoritism in polls no matter who's voting.
    Oh yeah I agree. They are just watching the scorelines when they vote or someone else does. But I find it funny that we still have to decide which are the best teams based on a poll. NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, Soccer etc don't have polls. The fans following these sports would riot if the games are not decided on the field but on polls.

First 12