dominizi
    dominizi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

bet365 and "wrong odds"

Hey guys,

today I made a bet today on bet365:

Shelbourne v College Corinthians FC u/o 1.5 goals

my bet--> over 1.5 with odd 1.28

Now they say this was a wrong odd. And the new odd is 1.11.

A wrong odd by mistake is for me when they accidently switch the odds or type 11.1 instead of 1.11.

You opinions?

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

was this before the game or live bet and what was the game? 1.28 for over 1.5 sounds more than reasonable. 1.11 for over 1.5 is ridicilous and that would be the wrong odds not 1.28. clear mistake on their part. Tell them to pay up.

dominizi

it was a regular bet. not live bet. the game is tomorrow evening.

It is a FAI Cup of Ireland.

My bet was today at 12am. They changed the odds today 4pm.

I asked them to go back to the original 1.28.

I had never such problems with Bet365, but this is just ridiculous.

easyliving

what are the odds at now? over 1.5 at 1.11 still sounds very low. so was your wager cancelled or did they keep it with the correct odds at 1.11?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

As long as they tell you before the event I think it's ok.

And a line that is off by more than 100% is far enough wrong to be considered a mistake.

Disappointing still of course.

dominizi

@ easyliving

its 1.11 now and no cancel.

easyliving

Quote Originally Posted by dominizi View Post
    @ easyliving

its 1.11 now and no cancel.
    if the odds were incorrect they have to cancel the bet. Its up to you whether you wanna place a wager on the new odds or not. Clearly its their fault and the least they can do is cancel your bet as i would not want my money tied up in such low odds. Get on customer service and let them know of the situation.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Looks like bet365 just delivered a soft opener. From what I can tell, no one else was offering this market at all when bert365 opened it.

I agree that books should be insured from clear mistakes, but delivering a soft opener is their own problem. It is the equivalent of changing the bet, because the line moved in your favour.

They should pay... but won't.

dominizi

Indeed, it was a soft opener.

They are giving me the possibility of canceling.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

never had that problem before but their tennis lines are ridiculous on vig. i mean if you compare them to 5dimes or pinnacle at least .20 + extra on a favorite and -25. on any dog you play.

example monfils is -165 at 5dimes , at bet365 its -175. dolgopolov pays out +138 at 365, at 5dimes +150. and usually the discrepancy is more then that. still a good book though no doubt. and you can easily make up for it with their live betting.
    my advice is let the live betting start then the lines change dramatically in your favor usually.

dominizi

Ok the bets are cancelled.

but now bet365 limited me.

I think they don't like me.

dikefale
    dikefale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    never had that problem before but their tennis lines are ridiculous on vig. i mean if you compare them to 5dimes or pinnacle at least .20 + extra on a favorite and -25. on any dog you play.

example monfils is -165 at 5dimes , at bet365 its -175. dolgopolov pays out +138 at 365, at 5dimes +150. and usually the discrepancy is more then that. still a good book though no doubt. and you can easily make up for it with their live betting.
    my advice is let the live betting start then the lines change dramatically in your favor usually.
    Yes but in case player retire odds are 1,ar 5dimes,pinnie,marathon after first set winner is player that progress.
    On other hand probably 1,28 is over 2,5 goals because they play with some amateur club from lower division.

Optional

Doesn't sound like they deserve your business mate. Fukk em.

tnvolfan10
    tnvolfan10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5900

Need to transfer to 5 dimes........lot better odds on both fav's and dogs

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

You openly admitted the line you took was a "soft opener" which means the price was off the true market price. You took a shot and got caught and since Bet365 limits bettors faster than any other book out there, its not surprising they limited you on the spot.

KalouKalou
    KalouKalou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3188

How much did you bet @1.28? I can believe they limited you for that.

bigballa
    bigballa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4154

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post

doubt this would be offered inplay..... EDIT: and to my surprised looks like it was so maybe our boy got down fat inplay
    Last edited by bigballa; 08-25-13 at 02:24 AM.

ProlinePlayer
    ProlinePlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    You openly admitted the line you took was a "soft opener" which means the price was off the true market price. You took a shot and got caught and since Bet365 limits bettors faster than any other book out there, its not surprising they limited you on the spot.
    I would hardly call betting into what I consider a soft opening line as taking a shot.

If you think the line is soft you're not supposed to bet? If I only bet when I agree with the number then I really don't see the point?!

PLP

pellumb341
    pellumb341's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6018

why he was taking a shot ? Bet365 offered a price , the costumer decides to take it or not.He wants to place a bet , why to take it @1.15 at other books meanwhile he can take it at bet365 @1.26 ???? What's the reason people open different accounts at different bookie ,it is to take the best price ,isn't it ???

This is the market , the costumer takes the best price.If bet365 made a mistake , better to fire their traders and not to say blahhh blahhh to costumer.

Stockdale
    Stockdale's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Email the NT Gaming Commission about this and they will almost certainly rule in your favour imo. There is a big difference between making an obvious mistake (ie entering odds of 11.60 instead of 1.16) and underestimating an option when framing a market. There is no mistake here, they have just misjudged a market and thats just tough luck. If you want to get in first with your markets then get them right, you cant just claim an obvious mistake when you get a market wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    Just because its no surprise Bet365 limited because they are a pack of gutless sponges doesnt make it ok. The punter took a bet because he had it marked as value, something all punters do. he wasnt leaping into an obvious error or an event after the fact. Its disgusting really

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Stockdale View Post
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Times]Email the NT Gaming Commission about this and they will almost certainly rule in your favour imo.
    Long time Aussie punters have rose coloured glasses on about how bookmakers can act.

We have been used to anyone being given the privilege to operate a book here not even trying to do it unfairly, and us believing they had no hope of pulling it off if they even tried.

Unfortunately we have sold out to the Poms, and it aint that way anymore.

lottethedog
    lottethedog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

looks like they did you a favour, ended 1-0

Gee

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Long time Aussie punters have rose coloured glasses on about how bookmakers can act.

We have been used to anyone being given the privilege to operate a book here not even trying to do it unfairly, and us believing they had no hope of pulling it off if they even tried.

I dunno if that is true. The rules are quite strict and I think the NT gaming commission and government take their obligations extremely seriously.

If they take the obligations under sport, as seriously as they do racing, they certainly aren't a toothless tiger. Why do you think it has gone to shit? I can't find the sports page, but look at this: http://racing.nt.gov.au/northern-ter...cing-decisions

The way the decisions are considered and worded is very professional and I'd guess better than anywhere else in the world. e.g: look at http://racing.nt.gov.au/__data/asset...sbet-pdf-2.pdf <-- they ordered that this bloke get paid 85K, when the sportsbet limit was normally $20K. He was successful on the basis that he had placed and won bets over 20K before and, accordingly, had a reasonable expectation that the cap didn't apply to him.

The argument in OPs case would revolve around what an 'incorrect price' is in circumstances where bet365 set the market price. It would definitely be an interesting argument.

If I had a significant dispute, I would definitely get them involved.

Stockdale

Makes no difference who owns the company. Now that Bet365 has to abide by the laws of the NT gaming commission they wont have it as easy.

Lol as if the gaming commission is going to care who owns the company

Stockdale

Quote Originally Posted by lottethedog View Post
    looks like they did you a favour, ended 1-0
    Yeah probably not worth chasing it up now

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post

I dunno if that is true. The rules are quite strict and I think the NT gaming commission and government take their obligations extremely seriously.

If they take the obligations under sport, as seriously as they do racing, they certainly aren't a toothless tiger. Why do you think it has gone to shit? I can't find the sports page, but look at this: http://racing.nt.gov.au/northern-ter...cing-decisions

The way the decisions are considered and worded is very professional and I'd guess better than anywhere else in the world. e.g: look at http://racing.nt.gov.au/__data/asset...sbet-pdf-2.pdf <-- they ordered that this bloke get paid 85K, when the sportsbet limit was normally $20K. He was successful on the basis that he had placed and won bets over 20K before and, accordingly, had a reasonable expectation that the cap didn't apply to him.

The argument in OPs case would revolve around what an 'incorrect price' is in circumstances where bet365 set the market price. It would definitely be an interesting argument.

If I had a significant dispute, I would definitely get them involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockdale View Post

Makes no difference who owns the company. Now that Bet365 has to abide by the laws of the NT gaming commission they wont have it as easy.

Lol as if the gaming commission is going to care who owns the company
    The UK companies dispute things that never would have even been tried on in Australia once upon a time.

Ironically (?) I was going to use that very case about the Darwin guy with a brother in law who worked for kennels associated with the trainer of 2 dogs in Sth Australia who failed to chase in a race in Qld where he snagged a big pick 4. I think it was Bet365 btw, and no wonder they got ordered to pay. What a gaul these poms have wanting the privilege to operate here and demanding to change our standards after arrival.

However great NTGC may be the boundries will be moved and values changed by these UK companies. They already have been imho.

Gee

Why do you think the NTGC have had their boundaries and values changed? What is the basis for your opinion? Not having a crack, just would like your take on it.

I haven't seen anything to suggest this and some of those decisions are recent, albeit about racing. I'll see if I can find a list of sporting decisions later. The new found competition in the marketplace has been great for free bets and promotions.

Optional

Why do you think the NTGC have had their boundaries and values changed? What is the basis for your opinion? Not having a crack, just would like your take on it.

I haven't seen anything to suggest this and some of those decisions are recent, albeit about racing. I'll see if I can find a list of sporting decisions later. The new found competition in the marketplace has been great for free bets and promotions.
    You sound better educated on how things have gone so far then me. I just read the headlines here and see how these guys operate in the UK and assume things are worse than they obviously are. I hope I am wrong about how standards will change but we'll just have to see.

Gee

You sound better educated on how things have gone so far then me. I just read the headlines here and see how these guys operate in the UK and assume things are worse than they obviously are. I hope I am wrong about how standards will change but we'll just have to see.
    From what I can tell, nothing has changed in terms of our regulation and there is no reason that it will.

Part of difference between us (AUS) and the UK is the gambling advertising laws and the extra power it gives the operators over there. I'm just guessing, but I can't see our industry changing much in a while.

Gee

BTW, having a look at the decisions, I think OP would have a claim if the bet won. He probably would have had to accept the revised odds and fight for the extra pay out though (otherwise he'd be accused of free rolling the book).

http://racing.nt.gov.au/__data/asset...ns_race_51.pdf <-- this decision contains a good discussion of obvious error. The wording of bet365 and sportingbet's sections about errors are different btw and sportingbets are a lot tighter protecting the book.

I think the commission would be very interested in bet365 acting this way on the difference between $1.28 and $1.11. I'd consider emailing the commission if it were me, just because I don't like them that much and NTGC may well institute their own investigation about betting practices, as they often do.

Optional

I think the commission would be very interested in bet365 acting this way on the difference between $1.28 and $1.11. I'd consider emailing the commission if it were me, just because I don't like them that much and NTGC may well institute their own investigation about betting practices, as they often do.
    I wonder if they would also be interested in knowing about what MIGHT be seen as punitive action against the OP for daring to complain?