BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Mac4Lyfe, You're giving us Browns fans a bad name.

Was it a 'value pick'? No.

If he proves to have another 6-10, 7-9 season (Vegas prediction) it is a waste of a pick, because we could have waited it out with Colt McCoy and picked a QB in this draft high (Bridgewater) or a free agent (Alex Smith) and won this many games or more.

If he has a good year the Browns could go 8-8 to possibly 9-7. I don't see us as a 'playoff' team. The division is down, but this guy isn't quite ready and at age 30 he doesn't have much time to get ready.

The offense suits him PERFECTLY, if he cannot have a 2:1 TD/INT ratio this year, he will never be a 'franchise' QB.

This is his year to prove himself, it is early.

Losing Dion Lewis/Pinkston/Lavuao will really hurt the offense, Lewis was gunna be a Sproles type back on 3rd down and relieve Trent.

I see the Browns finishing 7-9. Weeden throwing about 20-24 TD and about 18-20 INT
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ZetaPsi808

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

deemer spot on

mac4lyfe busy drinking the weeden kool aid

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I'm giving Browns fans a bad name? WTF?

You lost me at Colt McCoy and Alex Smith. Do you even watch football??? Did you see both of them in the Chiefs/49ers game. Weeden is better than both of these has been's already. McCoy has a noodle for an arm. Did he ever complete a pass longer than 10 yards in the winds at Cleveland? He couldn't stretch the field if it was only 30 yards long. Plus, did you know how much shit, Colt and his daddy caused the Browns front office? He always makes injury excuses whenever he sucks on the field (see last week). And you still wanted him on the Browns? Geez, are you sure you're a Browns fan?

Alex Smith is the same age and in the same situation as Weeden. If they suck, they will be gone but they have a good opportunity to lead their teams. I think Weeden is a better QB but we shall see.

Losing Lewis hurts but Brandon Jackson is very capable. Ogbi should move to RB now. Pinkston will be back for the regular season so no loss there. Lavuao will probably miss 1 or 2 games but he will be ready in a few weeks too.

Injuries happen to every team. The Browns will be okay. I predict 10-6 or 9-7. The Central is the toughest division in football. Cinci, Ravens, and Stoolers are all very good. If they were in another division they would probably win it or come in 2nd. Review last years record. They were 1 play away in several games from being 9-7. They finally beat the Steelers and the Bengals and competed well in most games. The defense is a lot better this year and the offense will be improved. Weeden still needs more weapons but if the defense can stay healthy they are going to be one of the best in the league.

Did you really say keep Mccoy?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Mac4Lyfe, You're giving us Browns fans a bad name.

Was it a 'value pick'? No.

If he proves to have another 6-10, 7-9 season (Vegas prediction) it is a waste of a pick, because we could have waited it out with Colt McCoy and picked a QB in this draft high (Bridgewater) or a free agent (Alex Smith) and won this many games or more.

If he has a good year the Browns could go 8-8 to possibly 9-7. I don't see us as a 'playoff' team. The division is down, but this guy isn't quite ready and at age 30 he doesn't have much time to get ready.

The offense suits him PERFECTLY, if he cannot have a 2:1 TD/INT ratio this year, he will never be a 'franchise' QB.

This is his year to prove himself, it is early.

Losing Dion Lewis/Pinkston/Lavuao will really hurt the offense, Lewis was gunna be a Sproles type back on 3rd down and relieve Trent.

I see the Browns finishing 7-9. Weeden throwing about 20-24 TD and about 18-20 INT

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

BigDeem5

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I'm giving Browns fans a bad name? WTF?

You lost me at Colt McCoy and Alex Smith. Do you even watch football??? Did you see both of them in the Chiefs/49ers game. Weeden is better than both of these has been's already. McCoy has a noodle for an arm. Did he ever complete a pass longer than 10 yards in the winds at Cleveland? He couldn't stretch the field if it was only 30 yards long. Plus, did you know how much shit, Colt and his daddy caused the Browns front office? He always makes injury excuses whenever he sucks on the field (see last week). And you still wanted him on the Browns? Geez, are you sure you're a Browns fan?

Alex Smith is the same age and in the same situation as Weeden. If they suck, they will be gone but they have a good opportunity to lead their teams. I think Weeden is a better QB but we shall see.

Losing Lewis hurts but Brandon Jackson is very capable. Ogbi should move to RB now. Pinkston will be back for the regular season so no loss there. Lavuao will probably miss 1 or 2 games but he will be ready in a few weeks too.

Injuries happen to every team. The Browns will be okay. I predict 10-6 or 9-7. The Central is the toughest division in football. Cinci, Ravens, and Stoolers are all very good. If they were in another division they would probably win it or come in 2nd. Review last years record. They were 1 play away in several games from being 9-7. They finally beat the Steelers and the Bengals and competed well in most games. The defense is a lot better this year and the offense will be improved. Weeden still needs more weapons but if the defense can stay healthy they are going to be one of the best in the league.

Did you really say keep Mccoy?

Toughest division in football? Ravens have a good QB with a good RB and one decent WR and no TE.. their offense will be bad.. Defense is old

Steelers, no running back and a couple of #2 WRs and old defense...

Bengals. Solid QB, stud WR and no established RBs and a solid defense

Browns.. Below Average QB, good RB, and a solid #1 WR and TE that is a ? mark... They have a great O-Line in PASS PROTECTION but not RUN BLOCKING. Good defense.

There is no reason the Browns shouldnt be 9-7 10-6, the only part holding them back is Weeden.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

They aight

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

First of all, I was talking about QB's drafted 20-30. Of course you can find value in later rounds like a Tom Brady. Brees was the 2nd QB taken that year so you would expect some success BUT you are proving my point with him.

Brees was originally a Charger. 4 years later he leaves them for New Orleans as SD put a bunch of money drafting Philip Rivers. Ask the Chargers and Drew Brees was a huge bust for them. Plus he hasn't been in the league 15 years like MoneyLineDawg keeps mentioning. Thanks for playing.

Kaepernick's been in the league 2 years. Plus he was a 2nd rounder. Did you read my posts? I said name me a QB taken late in the first round (~20-30) starting in the league 7 years later with the team that drafted them??? Who knows where CK will be 7-10 years from now??

Russell Wilson was taken in round 3. He had a huge knock on him by being too short (like Drew Brees), very similar knock to Weeden being too old. Where will Wilson and Weeden be 5, 7, 10 years from now? Who the hell knows but it's the same risk taking any of these guys. No one knows if these guys will be franchise players. Hell, they may be like Brees and become a franchise QB for some other team.
    Just curious but why are you blatantly disregarding the best qb in the nfl who happened to be drafted at #24?

You've got a strong argument to make to support the browns picking weeden but you chose the wrong one.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Weeden draws a lot of similarities to Romo for me. They have the physical talent to be great QB's, but they're handicapped by low football IQ's, and they both choke when the game is on their shoulders. If these guys didn't commit some untimely flubs last season they would've taken their teams to the playoffs.

Mac4Lyfe

Nice recap. I always like your posts/blogs...

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

ha weeden blows

guy is the next carson palmer = 1-2 decent years then = pick six machine

Goat Milk

The Browns will be okay. I predict 10-6 or 9-7.

^

Gonna bump my emoticon come christmas

Mac4Lyfe

Stick to basketball Goat... Oh, I forgot, you suck at that too.

If you're laughing then this is sure to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

^

Gonna bump my emoticon come christmas

Goat Milk

right, that's why i called 3 of the past 4 champions

we'll just see who gets the last laugh at the end mac

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Sperm milk give us a winner

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Good joke - Cleveland to SB !!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

ha weeden blows

guy is the next carson palmer = 1-2 decent years then = pick six machine
    Nothing posted until this point convinced me that weeden is more than an after thought

After reading spermers post I'm now firmly in op's camp
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave InTheDrink 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe gave InTheDrink 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Drinker, I didn't mention Aaron Rodgers for 2 reasons.

One - because some of these posters want a QB to start immediately. AR sat the bench for several years which would qualify as a bust to some of these negative nelly's. God forbid a QB sits, watch and learn. Sign of the times.

Two - as accomplished as Rodgers has been, he's only been a starter for 5 years. Much to young for these guys who are looking for 15+ year QBs along with the Sasquatch Bigfoot monster.

Now Rodgers certainly fits the 20 - 30 pick, but he needs more years according to these guys criteria (not mine). I would be ecstatic if Weeden becomes half the QB Rodgers is right now.

My point is that franchise QBs are hard to find, dam near impossible. If you pick a QB (in any round), more times than not they are not going to become a franchise maker. Does that mean you don't pull the trigger on one or two or three? Do they have to become a franchise QB in order for it to be a "value pick"? I have no problem with a guys age, just like I don't have a problem with a guys height. I understand why others have issues, but all those metrics don't mean squat if you really look at the actual data.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Just curious but why are you blatantly disregarding the best qb in the nfl who happened to be drafted at #24?

You've got a strong argument to make to support the browns picking weeden but you chose the wrong one.

Goat Milk

Nothing posted until this point convinced me that weeden is more than an after thought

After reading spermers post I'm now firmly in op's camp
    yup. because I've been wrong about so many future things like this lol.

go look back at last years pre-season nfl threads and look who said watch out for the pats and the ravens.

go look the year before that and see my predictions.

nba predictions speak for themselves.

i'm never wrong. never question me. it'll be your undoing.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Didn't read the thread. Just from a quick glance... he looks sharper than ever. We'll see what happens in Game 1 of the regular season.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

he threw some nice TD passes in Indy last year vs Colts... but he was still a Brown and they gave up 2 rushing TD's to Luck and missed a PAT early in the game... which was critical and lead to them being down 4 late in the game instead of 3... and they had to go for it on 4th down instead of attempting a long game-tying field goal

COLTS WIN!!!

Live in Ohio and finally got to see a Colts - Browns game last season. Was nice.

My record for games attended in Indy is 7-2 (including 2 playoff wins 2009). Only losses being in 2007 to the Pats (who went on to go 16-0 and 18-0 before losing the SB... so I'm glad they beat us haha) and the other loss was in 2011 of course when the Colts had Painter. 23-20 loss to the Steelers on Sunday Night to a last second field goal... so it was still a great game to attend and Big Ben played like absolute dog shit haha! If Indy found a way to win that game... the Colts would not have Andrew Luck! Glad the Colts lost that game too!

Man I love to go on about my game experiences!

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

He plays for the clowns. Guys going nowhere. New ownership delusional. Cleveland Browns won't be near a superbowl for at least 10 years. He's the worst QB in his division by far. A Superbowl??. He will cover 6 or 7 games this year, big deal.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

yup. because I've been wrong about so many future things like this lol.

go look back at last years pre-season nfl threads and look who said watch out for the pats and the ravens.

go look the year before that and see my predictions.

nba predictions speak for themselves.

i'm never wrong. never question me. it'll be your undoing.
    you might be the worst football gambler ive ever seen

and im not exaggerating at all

youre literally wrong in football 90% of the time

the worst

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Superbrowns!!!!!!!!

Mac4Lyfe

He's one of the worst gamblers period. But, he is absolutely horrendous in Football though. No clue of the game, let alone gambling.

In basketball, the few games he wins is because he's never faded the Heat, EVER. He always bet's on the Heat. No matter the game, the situation, who's in/out. He'll win a few games that they cover but in the long run he gets creamed like he did this year. Of course, he'll say he came out ahead somehow.

you might be the worst football gambler ive ever seen

and im not exaggerating at all

youre literally wrong in football 90% of the time

the worst

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Weeden is fukkin terrible

This is a shit thread

foldii should be banned next for this one

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8991

he's a replay away from int #2 on the day

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8991

Weeden int #2

Mac4Lyfe

Weeden looks like shit. Browns will have to win this one in spite of him.

He looks like he just got off the short bus...

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

ban foldii!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Weeden rules!

BigDeem5

If you're watching the game, 2/3 INTs not on him.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Will win a Super Bowl one day...

He won't be in the league in three years

That game was like watching fukkin paint dry

Mac4Lyfe

I'd have to say that he doesn't have enough weapons on offense. The team focused too much on defense.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

I would respond but I can't add valuable content until Poster Pabinator is reinstated...

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Weeden may be out for season with thumb and wrist injury

First 12345 Last