Reno Paul
    Reno Paul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2763

US Olympic Team's clothing made in China

http://www.christianpost.com/news/us...riotism-78126/

What a joke....I'd say burn them and start over. Should be made in the USA....Whoever made the orders to make the uni's in China ought to be shot.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

so fuckin disgraceful

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Is every piece of clothing in your wardrobe made in the USA? Very doubtful.

Just more grandstanding from Congress in an election year, nothing to see here.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

The uniforms look sharp.

I wish the skirts were shorter though, like tennis skirts.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Makes me sick to my stomach. Everyfukinkthing is made in China! No wonder our country is going to shit. What happen to the proud label Made in America? I rather pay the 400% mark up, then to buy something made in China. Poor quality crap too!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks NAFTA!

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    Is every piece of clothing in your wardrobe made in the USA? Very doubtful.

Just more grandstanding from Congress in an election year, nothing to see here.
    100% true... I bet none of the dozen or so of fukks who are going to spouting off in this thread don't have own one piece of clothing that says made in the USA on it or ever looked at the label before a purchase...

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    Makes me sick to my stomach. Everyfukinkthing is made in China! No wonder our country is going to shit. What happen to the proud label Made in America? I rather pay the 400% mark up, then to buy something made in China. Poor quality crap too!
    You might pay the markup but it's been proven by the rest of us cheap bastards that we won't do it. We want shit cheap even if it means cheap child labor and sweat shops in foriegn countries. We got off the high horse a long time ago. Between Nike, apple, and Walmart we have shown our alligence to cheap goods and cheap labor.

Balco10

I alway check the labels before purchasing.

Balco10

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    You might pay the markup but it's been proven by the rest of us cheap bastards that we won't do it. We want shit cheap even if it means cheap child labor and sweat shops in foriegn countries. We got off the high horse a long time ago. Between Nike, apple, and Walmart we have shown our alligence to cheap goods and cheap labor.
    I know it, but it's still a disgrace!

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post
    100% true... I bet none of the dozen or so of fukks who are going to spouting off in this thread don't have own one piece of clothing that says made in the USA on it or ever looked at the label before a purchase...
    True and I bet those prikks in congress r also wearing suits made in China...

Where were these prikks and their voices when the US textiles industry began to fall into decline?

God damn bunch of hypocrites...

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    I know it, but it's still a disgrace!
    It is a disgrace, but we speak louder with our wallets than we do with our mouths. I am not surprised by this one bit. American companies have foriegn labor all the time. I read a few years ago that Hondas, hyundais, and Toyota have a high percentage of cars made in the US and the American cars have a high percentage made abroad. Just a badge on the cars, nobody cares where they are made

nic9212
    nic9212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2551

Burn it!

PAULYPOKER

"A nation which has forgotten the quality of courage which in the past has been brought to public life is not as likely to insist upon or regard that quality in its chosen leaders today - and in fact we have forgotten".
    John F. Kennedy

eleuropeano
    eleuropeano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1924

Are you guys serious? Those "Made in" labels don't mean anything anymore. They had a study some time back, of the $150 retail price of a an iPod, which proudly said made in china, $4 actually stayed in China. The rest was for design, marketing, sales, profit, etc. which are all American. For clothes, I guess it is not more than 25 cents per item that actually is Chinese.

PAULYPOKER

You guys don't get it,we are in NWO and China is the slave labor for this great new world..........

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

I'd rather by USA products then chinese, and I'm from Australia. I would buy australian too if it weren't too dam expensive. For the common man, chinese products are affordable, but the OP is talking about the US olympic team for christ's sake! Lets put things into perspective here.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

They are Ralph Lauren brand by the way. Everybody wearing Ralph Lauren think they are big time.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

amercia has enjoyed a couple of decades of high, fancy, cheap cost of living because of this. americans love to be big consumers of stuff they shouldn't be buying and living outside their means. i don't see what the complaint is.