luis heredia
    josh bell
    gregory polanco
    jose osuna
    matt curry
    andrew mcCutchen
    alex dickerson
    jeff locke
    These players have potential to be great ones, not saying they are going to the Hall

Brett Jackson might be a force.
    Dylan Bundy has Verlander potential.
    Trevor Bauer's last start was outstanding.
    Tony Rizzo is a Keith Hernandez type first baseman.
    Manny Machado might be the next big thing at SS, but I heard that 6 years ago about Peralta.
    Kipnis at second base?
    Brandon Beachy if he can bounce back from surgery
    Shelby Miller.
    Mike Trout might be the best all around player in the game right now.
    Posey behind the plate.
    Strasberg if the Nats stop babying hi and just put him out there every 5th game and let him throw 200 innings a year plus.
    Kershaw.

I can name more that have tons of potential.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Jason Kelley

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    These players have potential to be great ones, not saying they are going to the Hall

Brett Jackson might be a force.
    Dylan Bundy has Verlander potential.
    Trevor Bauer's last start was outstanding.
    Tony Rizzo is a Keith Hernandez type first baseman.
    Manny Machado might be the next big thing at SS, but I heard that 6 years ago about Peralta.
    Kipnis at second base?
    Brandon Beachy if he can bounce back from surgery
    Shelby Miller.
    Mike Trout might be the best all around player in the game right now.
    Posey behind the plate.
    Strasberg if the Nats stop babying hi and just put him out there every 5th game and let him throw 200 innings a year plus.
    Kershaw.

I can name more that have tons of potential.
    Trevor Bauers last strt was vs the AAA Dodgers.
    Guess who else had their only good start of the season vs the AAA Dodgers. Tim Licecum! BOOM

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Trevor Bauers last strt was vs the AAA Dodgers.
    Guess who else had their only good start of the season vs the AAA Dodgers. Tim Licecum! BOOM
    with kemp and either out of that lineup im pretty sure id have a reasonable chance at a QS, think i said this in every post fading them, lol..

MikeZaW
    MikeZaW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Vance Worley

pro-style
    pro-style's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Everyone is projecting people to keep up their current production for way tooo long. Some of these lists are laughable.

75 WAR is going to get you in. That is 3.75 WAR average for 20 years. A lot of these players on these list have never even touched 3.75 WAR in a SINGLE year. Yet, all the sudden you can project them to the HOF. Get real, this perception of guaranteed longevity is ludicrous. Hell the chance that any one of these players playing 20 seasons like Chipper is going to be <5%. If you drop that number to a 15 year career, you are talking 5 WAR a season.

To make it in the HOF you not only have to have an amazing PEAK, but great production surrounding that peak for a LONG time on both ends.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

^
    Cano is already at 30

Trout, not even 1 season under his belt has a 4.6 WAR, and he's only going to get better.
    No way has he peaked yet.

Barring a devastating injury, Trout is going to the Hall, I've seen too much baseball to know Trout is a can't miss.

If 75 WAR is indeed the benchmark, Mussina should be in at 78.1

pro-style

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Bryce Harper
    Mike Trout
    Starlin Castro
    Andrew McCutchen
    Brett Lawrie
    Jason Heyward
    Tommy Hanson
    Giancarlo Stanton
    Stephen Strasburg
    Ardolis Chapman
    Jay Bruce??? 500 HR in an era when steroids are cleaned up might get it done
    Justin Upton
    Clayton Kershaw

Looks like I've got 13. Obviously not all will make it but some that we don't expect will.
    What a joke list.

Mike Trout - It's ridiculously early, but man it is looking good. Only thing holding him back is injury. 30% chance.

Starlin Castro - 7.6 WAR in 2.5 seasons. On pace for 4 WAR this year. He is still needs 68 WAR in 17.5 more seasons (this puts him at 20 seasons), which is 3.88 WAR/season. He will barely eclipse that this year, yet needs to AVG that. 7% chance.

Andrew McCutchen - 17 WAR. His career arc is looking like a HOF, but he is only 4 years in. Still a stretch he keeps this up for that long. 25% chance.

Brett Lawrie - Joke right? No one is saying lawrie won't make it, but to think he has anything more than a 5% chance is crazy. Kid has been good for 1.5 seasons. 5% chance.

Jason Heyward - Injury prone, has war in his past 3 seasons to keep his shot alive, but hard to imagine he will play 20 seasons at a 5 war average. 10% chance.

Tommy Hanson - Kid is on pace for 1.4 WAR this season. HOFers don't have seasons like this. 3% chance.

Giancarlo Stanton - Good start, but super early. Miami is going to hurt his stats. 12% chance.

Stephen Strasburg - Easily in the HOF if his arm holds together. Known for such a violent motion, it is almost guaranteed he will have another TJ surgery. Lots of injury risk here. 20% chance.

Ardolis Chapman - WTF? I'm a reds fan and this made me spit my drink out when i first saw it. You are going to claim chapman has a shot at the HOF and not factor in the injury risk to throwing like he does. All it takes is one major injury and he will never return to form. A major injury has a good chance of happening AND he is wasting his prime years in a reliever spot not building enough WAR because he doesn't pitch. This guy hasn't even touched anything near a peak needed for a HOF career. Projecting a lot out of not much. 2% chance.

Jay Bruce??? 500 HR in an era when steroids are cleaned up might get it done - Guy is suppose to be good every year, yet can thit better than .260. No chance. He has 12.6 war in 4.5 seasons lol. Even if you project his homers out, the chance he breaks 500 is <5%. 2% chance.

Justin Upton - No, nothing needs to be explained here. 3% chance.

Clayton Kershaw - Same as Strasburg, but way more durable and he has already created 30% of the WAR needed. 35% chance.

Add these percentages together and you get 1.5 HOFers
    Claiming 10 players that you can name right now from this age range is a complete joke.

pro-style

Voters are not going to just open the flood gates. They will adjust the criteria as needed. 75 WAR is considered the magic number. That does not mean EVERYONE on the edge of 75 gets in, but that is when you start to have a case.

Griffey4Ever
    Griffey4Ever's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Neither of those players will make it

I bet 10 years ago, list would have had

Kerry Wood
    Mark Prior
    Richie Sexson

etc. etc
    Haha, Sexy Richie! The strikeout king of the Mariners...what a signing that was.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

new lists please!

Joey Vigs
    Joey Vigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Bryce Harper
    Mike Trout
    Starlin Castro
    Andrew McCutchen
    Brett Lawrie
    Jason Heyward
    Tommy Hanson
    Giancarlo Stanton
    Stephen Strasburg
    Ardolis Chapman
    Jay Bruce??? 500 HR in an era when steroids are cleaned up might get it done
    Justin Upton
    Clayton Kershaw

Looks like I've got 13. Obviously not all will make it but some that we don't expect will.
    2 HOFers, a dead guy, and a bunch of bums

Joey Vigs
    Joey Vigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Great bump Arch. This is an all timer. How big AL, pal?

First ... 2345