Betpoints: 888

never seen a horse with late kick like that

holy sh1t

hand ride

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Remember last year in my tennis thread when I was telling you about how Peter was always bugging me to bet her and so I would and we made some good cash? Yeah that stopped quite awhile ago now... he told me not even to bother any more. Can't put money on a horse at this price
    I remember. She still hasn't lost! I agree though. I can't back a horse at the prices she has been at. Too many variables in a race. It only takes one loss to screw it all up. One jockey to cut across her or something like that.

What a great run though. Never in doubt.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    never seen a horse with late kick like that

holy sh1t

hand ride
    Honestly this horse is incredible. My friend is her trainer... that's the guy I was talking about above. He kept going on and on about this bloody horse last year and although I took him somewhat seriously, he's a bit of a degen at times too so it was hard to hammer her that hard at first. Now look at her. I could've made a fortune right from the beginning if I'd had more faith.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Shari call me

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Honestly this horse is incredible. My friend is her trainer... that's the guy I was talking about above. He kept going on and on about this bloody horse last year and although I took him somewhat seriously, he's a bit of a degen at times too so it was hard to hammer her that hard at first. Now look at her. I could've made a fortune right from the beginning if I'd had more faith.
    any idea what her odds were in her first and second race

did word get out this was a freak before her first race

RawBillyIce
    Big Bad Billy's, Sweet William Now!!
    RawBillyIce's Avatar Become A Pro!

Aulstrailia

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post

any idea what her odds were in her first and second race

did word get out this was a freak before her first race
    I'd have to go back and look through my tennis thread at her odds but she had a couple of injuries before she ran any big races so she would've been somewhat decent even though she kept winning. Still short though. I'm pretty sure we got -200 or even a bit longer than that a few times early on. He was always saying to back her big before then but she'd only won smaller races at that point and I hate laying chalk as it is. When she came back from injury though late 10/early '11 that's when he was saying to really hammer her but by March she was already -400 and it's just been worse since then.

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

Bronxer:

first race she pays 2-1, after that never more than 1-1....

moving soon to UK for big races.

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

2-1, 1-2, 1-5, 4-9, 8-11, 4-5, 2-5, 9-10, 2-7, 2-11, 1-11, 1-7, 1-7, 1-14, 1-20, 1-20, 1-20, and today 1-20

Leo Bello
    Leo Bello's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 633

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Race 6 Caufield (Victoria)
    11:50PM EST

He cannot lose

possible to get 1.2 maybe 1.3
    The point is that you were correct again. What would the 200,000 receive? Maybe around 8-10,000? I'm probably wrong. I hope not 200,400. Does Shari know what an exacta would have paid if you wheeled Black Caviar with all the other horses in the race for 1,000? That would only be about an 8,000 bet. I'm starting to watch that "Luck" series on HBO. Had to watch first episode 2-3 times until I got a good understanding of what's going on. Didn't like it at first, but now I do. Isn't it funny that despite all the negative (and valid) reasons for not betting such a favored horse, everybody would jump on it now, wouldn't they?

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

thought jj done with horse racing, bad news here

hangtime
    hangtime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RawBillyIce View Post
    Aulstrailia
    where the great race horses are bred.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Bello View Post
    The point is that you were correct again. What would the 200,000 receive? Maybe around 8-10,000? I'm probably wrong. I hope not 200,400. Does Shari know what an exacta would have paid if you wheeled Black Caviar with all the other horses in the race for 1,000? That would only be about an 8,000 bet. I'm starting to watch that "Luck" series on HBO. Had to watch first episode 2-3 times until I got a good understanding of what's going on. Didn't like it at first, but now I do. Isn't it funny that despite all the negative (and valid) reasons for not betting such a favored horse, everybody would jump on it now, wouldn't they?
    The highest I see for the exacta would've been +130 at the VIC TAB. So if you wheeled her with a $1k base bet, it would've earned us $10,400 profit. Bloody hell and that was with both favourites winning.

That's even more depressing now. Even the quinella was +110.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol

I wouldn't mind a beaded string of her mane. Will pay.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post

lol

I wouldn't mind a beaded string of her mane. Will pay.
    haha you and me both! We used to go visit her at the course stables before races quite often when she wasn't the Black Caviar, just one of his horses racing on the day, but now I wonder if I'd get within 10 feet of her any more. I'd probably get told to beat it at this point

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

bring on frankel...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I cannot take credit here for this solid thread with excellent material in it

Shari alerted me to the horse running and she said it cannot lose JJ so bet everything on it

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I cannot take credit here for this solid thread with excellent material in it

Shari alerted me to the horse running and she said it cannot lose JJ so bet everything on it
    But you were only going to mention this if the horse won.

If it lost you would have taken the heat.

Mighty gentlemanly of you, JJ.

Smoke

Mike call me

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

did she win?

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Trainer has mentioned her running 2-3 more times in the next 21 days

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    bring on frankel...
    Would be good to see but Frankel is a miler really. Only fair contest would be over 7f (1400m) and there are no big races at that distance.

Won't happen, I fear.

JakeLc

Her big upcoming foe would be Sepoy

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post

Would be good to see but Frankel is a miler really. Only fair contest would be over 7f (1400m) and there are no big races at that distance.

Won't happen, I fear.
    The fact that I know - and I'm sure we all do - who took up the books' offer last May to Sept of $3.50 if she tied Zenyatta's 19 wins in a row record pretty much guaranteed that her fate was sealed this turn. The Newcastle 1200 was the track that the supposed Pros think would be ideal for a stand off because the undulations in the course would supposedly equal the playing field for both but if books put the lines up tomorrow of a BC/Frankel meeting, I'd hit the no big time. Peter said no way unless the owners insist which I can't see happening. And if by some chance it did happen, I'd back Black Caviar. Totally biased bet obv though.

Smoke

The fact that I know - and I'm sure we all do - who took up the books' offer last May to Sept of $3.50 if she tied Zenyatta's 19 wins in a row record pretty much guaranteed that her fate was sealed this turn. The Newcastle 1200 was the track that the supposed Pros think would be ideal for a stand off because the undulations in the course would supposedly equal the playing field for both but if books put the lines up tomorrow of a BC/Frankel meeting, I'd hit the no big time. Peter said no way unless the owners insist which I can't see happening. And if by some chance it did happen, I'd back Black Caviar. Totally biased bet obv though.
    Shari knows her horses

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

I see Coral have put up head to head odds for the Queen Anne Stakes at Royal Ascot in June.

Frankel - 4/6 (-150)
    Black Caviar 11/10 (+110)

That race is over a mile (1600m) though. There would be much better targets for Black Caviar at that meeting over the shorter distances. Can't see it.

The chances of Frankel going to Australia are zero.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Shari knows her horses
    nah, not at all any more... this one I know and a few others because I'm friends with people involved with them. But since I had my son, I just haven't been able to keep up much. I used to go to every meet at Flemington, Moonee Valley, Caulfield, Cranbourne and even some of the VIC whoop whoop country races. Still a member at MV and Flemington but it's just not the same because he just wants to sit on the horses and everyone is just talking Shari kiddie talk. Lovely but not that great for my betting. A lot of people are going to cash in big time though when she wins her next race... +250 was a very big carrot to dangle for guys who know the horse and/or didn't care about tying up a lot of money for a year.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Why isnt this offered in the sbr racebook?

And why does this horse's name sound so racist to me?

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    I see Coral have put up head to head odds for the Queen Anne Stakes at Royal Ascot in June.

Frankel - 4/6 (-150)
    Black Caviar 11/10 (+110)

That race is over a mile (1600m) though. There would be much better targets for Black Caviar at that meeting over the shorter distances. Can't see it.

The chances of Frankel going to Australia are zero.
    Why did they put that up? PM already said she's accepting for the Golden Jubilee 1200 at Royal Ascot and she was $1.90 last week for the race. Only concern is how she'll handle coming out of quarantine.

Where are they getting the Queen Anne from?

shari91

never mind FLC - I just Googled to see... apparently Peter said back in October that it was a possibility. No way now. She's racing the Jubilee.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16173

nice call

JakeLc

Black Caviar will chase her 19th consecutive win at Flemington this Saturday in the Group 1 $750,000 Coolmore Lightning Stakes (1000m) barring any setbacks this week.
    The Peter Moody stable has confirmed that Australian racing's pin up girl has “pulled up super” following her triumph in Saturday's Group 1 Sportingbet C.F.Orr Stakes (1400m) at Caulfield.
    Regular post-race inspections by her vet and chiropractor this morning were all positive, paving the way for connections to pursue a defence of her Lightning Stakes crown.
    “She has pulled up super and will be nominated today with the intention of running on Saturday if all progresses well this week,” Moody's Racing Manager, Jeff O'Connor, said.

Leo Bello
    Leo Bello's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 633

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Bello View Post
    Thanks for the info, Shari. That exacta would have been nice. I would have played it with you. I think I read somewhere that it was a 7 furlong race, and this was its 18th or 19th win in a row. You picked a winner with that horse. Let's see how far this horse keeps going. Must be exciting to know so many people associated with the horse and seeing the horse itself. I'll be rooting for you. Thanks again for the info.

First 12