ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

Bad news; Everleaf network pulls out of the USA

Everleaf Network to Pull Out of the United States

Options for online players in the United States have just decreased as the Everleaf Network will announce on Friday that they are withdrawing out of both the United States and France following the seizing of funds by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

According to and article on PokerFuse.com, a source with Minted Poker revealed that the restriction of US and French players follows the closing of a US payment processor and the seizure of funds by the Department of Homeland Security. In addition, the network was written a letter to cease operation in the US or face criminal prosecution.

The network did seek the counsel of the Lottery and Gaming Authority of Malta and they recommended that the site also pull out of the market. As such, the terms of service has been updated and players from France, Malta, and the United States are currently banned from playing at the site.

The impact on United States players will actually be somewhat minimal as less than 20% of their total player base at peak hours came from the US. According to PokerScout.com, the network currently ranks 27th worldwide with a 24 hour peak of 873 cash game players. The network was the fifth ranked network in the world out of those that still accept US players.

Whether or not there is more behind this story remains to be seen. Considering that much larger networks continue to operate in spite of potential seizure by the DOJ, one has to wonder if there was more going on with the payment processor that was forced to shut down. Also, why did the DHS get involved rather than the DOJ? We will bring more on this story should additional details arise.

Everleaf network consists of luvinpoker,gohard,starbet,raider,pokerar i,pokerforever, pokerface,blackstack,777 poker club,golden poker club, and a few other sites

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

change we can believe in

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

land of the free...

...unless you gamble

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

merge rumored to follow

sbr poker would have 14 thousand entries every tourney if this happens, site be loaded with foreign *****, and kids

NSN21
    NSN21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7886

The hits just keep on comin. Gotta decide now if I request my account balance from Merge or not.

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

I'm still working on my Merge deposit bonus...plus I deposited 200 into Bovada to re-enroll as a Pro on SBR

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    merge rumored to follow

sbr poker would have 14 thousand entries every tourney if this happens, site be loaded with foreign *****, and kids
    Link to the merge rumor please.

Lock poker just got some new cashier system that works better.

This would not be good....

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

PTP has an article on the merge rumors.