Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Hope and Change, just like in 2008

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    From what I seen tonight he did say some things here that made common sense here. I do think that the wealthy get way too many tax breaks and seeing them pay such a low rate on taxes make me sick. I see my mom paying a higher percentage on her taxes than Mitt Romney does. That will make him lose by itself. From what I seen on Monday night he would cut them even more and that is flat out wrong why the working person has to pay so much more than the stock market folks do. I say it should be the same rate for everyone when it comes to that.

One thing that I would have done if I was Obama was is to say we need to cut aid to these other countries like Ron Paul wants to do and take care of our own people. I looked and I was totally surprised that we give like $460 billion in aid all over the world which is plain bad. We do need to take care of our own people and stop giving to these other countries when we cannot afford it.

Overall tonight Obama did well and I would chose him over the two idiots that are running for the GOP currently and I think the GOP knows it too. I think Ron Paul is the only one I would even consider as far as those GOP candidates go. He seems to be a pretty decent person and has a better record than those other two idiots.

Agree with all of this, and will add that on the fence social issues should be legalized and regulated

We should all be able to drive 5 min down the road.....place a bet with a legal book, then go bang a legalized hooker, and cap off the night with a blunt from the convienence store

Would benefit us all in many ways

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    he'd pass no insider trading tommorrow

Republicans won't let him so don't blame obama
    You are being fooled my friend.The Politicians are the biggest insider traders of all, they have a law supporting it.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    I turned it off less then 5 minutes in, blah blah blah, i'll catch the highligths on fox news tomorrow. Im sure its the same old campaign speech, he'll talk about ways to create jobs yet he wont mention killing the pipeline deal which would have created 350,000 jobs in the next 3 years and 20,000 immediately. And those were all union jobs too so he can kiss those votes goodbye in 10 months. Obama is an all around failure.
    Watch the highlights on FOX?? That will give you an accurate account of the event 100%!

MatI

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    America will forget the whole speech by the weekend
    Superbowl coming up!

MatI

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    You'd think after four years folks would realize he's just a great speech giver, life-long politician ought to be. He's never run a business or even governed a state prior to being elected President of the free world.
    He is President of the United Sates of America you imbecile.

You might as well just type, 'USA, USA, USA, fuk yeah!'

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

No you don't need to tax the rich stop the spending. Also stop giving money and welfare to pot heads that never intend to get a job. Once that happens you will have plenty of money

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Just more lies from this ass clown. Remember how he was going to close Guantanamo, prosecute the torturers, end the wars, cut spending, repeal the Patriot Act, more transparency in government, etc. Anyone wasting 2 seconds of their life listening to this idiot needs to take a long look in the mirror.

Yeah, and who started the Iraq War- the conservative neocons and their paranoid ideology. Obama a smart guy, but has no right to be President. A community organizer? Same with George W -a guy who gave up drinking at 40, finds religion and thinks he has a right to be the Prez. The process, and the nature of politics keeps many good and decent people from running. The Left will never trust the right and vice versa. It's a dirty game. Got to have some thick skin and huge ego to be President- don't know how Obama can even govern when half the country hate his guts.
    Last edited by john230; 01-24-12 at 10:53 PM.

Extra Innings

WHO'S GREEDY? Obama Gave 1% to Charity, Romney Gave 15%

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/mitt-romne...#ixzz1kRTo453O

MatI

Mitt Romney net worth - between $190 and $250 million
    Barrack Obama net worth - $10.1 million

Google is your friend.

Don't be a douche.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post

well two things.

i don't think you should ever judge someone on there charity givings in monetary dollars.

there is many things you can do without it.

also rommney is mornon he gives 10 percent to the mormon church, is that really 'charity'. i don't know how much of a charity a multi-millionaire dollar tax free church is.
    also rommeny is 10 times richer then obama.

so again i think its bull shit. i might support rommney depending on who he picks.
    i will never-ever vote for newt, and i pray he doesn't get in. i can't imagine a country with him in office.

rommney i think will try to work over-all with the country and congress. i hope. ...

but health-care is a major issue for me. so i am already leaning towards obama.

health care coverage is a major issue in this country, but many people don't see it because they are not sick. but it ruins people.
    i can go into that anther day.

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    Mitt Romney net worth - between $190 and $250 million
    Barrack Obama net worth - $10.1 million

Google is your friend.

Don't be a douche.

What's you point dickhead?

The VP gave 386 dollars

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by tatommack View Post
    No you don't need to tax the rich stop the spending. Also stop giving money and welfare to pot heads that never intend to get a job. Once that happens you will have plenty of money
    They did that when Bush was President and what the heck happened. Richer got richer that's all.

MatI

What's you point dickhead?

The VP gave 386 dollars
    If you think comparing how much money people donate to charity is an indicator of anything then you sir are the dickhead.

Especially when one person's net worth is worth many times more than the other persons.

And let's not forget that the majority of Mitt's charity donations is going to mormon causes. How much have you donated to the mormon church lately?

You didn't even read the full fox news story. It says Obama donated even more in the years he made more more money than usual with his book sale. Surprised they even fit that part in the fox article.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

To quote David Spade in Tommy Boy "He could sell a Ketchup Popsicle to a woman wearing white gloves." That's sort of how I feel about Obama.

Extra Innings

If you think comparing how much money people donate to charity is an indicator of anything then you sir are the dickhead.

Especially when one person's net worth is worth many times more than the other persons.

And let's not forget that the majority of Mitt's charity donations is going to mormon causes. How much have you donated to the mormon church lately?

You didn't even read the full fox news story. It says Obama donated even more in the years he made more more money than usual with his book sale. Surprised they even fit that part in the fox article.

We are talking percentages...5% vs 1% when you use the nonsensical argument that church donations don't count as none of the morman monies fund cause aimed at homelessness, poverty, etc.
    Last edited by Extra Innings; 01-24-12 at 11:21 PM.

jmitseff
    jmitseff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

neverstoppers23

We are talking percentages...5% vs 1% when you use the nonsensical argument that church donations don't count as none of the morman monies fund cause aimed at homelessness, poverty, etc.

show me where the money break down is for the mormon church, to help homeless mofos and people in poverty
    ?

i never seen it or heard of mormon run charities such as that. i am sure some goes to it, but he is donating to the church.

they are not using that millions of dollars to help the people on the street corner, they are using it to build bigger and better churches and fix up their churches and put fancy little jesus statues in that and well as joesph smith statues.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    They did that when Bush was President and what the heck happened. Richer got richer that's all.
    i am tired of hearing that argument. there are so many factors that went into the collapse of 2008.

but people just seem to forget or don't want to remember bush also was in a recession when he first took the job in 2002. it obviously wasn't as bad as today,but was was a huge slow down.

bush lead with tax cuts, and tax cuts for the rich. and it helped us get out of the recovery.
    1) because it produced stablity, bus. new this tax cut would be in for a very long time.
    2) they used that money either on investment in a new machine, yada yada yada , to either get more employment immediately or in the long run grow with that investment to hire more folks down the line.

however, to blame the tax structure , on this recession is just political bull shit banter. and one of the reasons nothing gets done. people just look to bash each other instead of just looking at the facts, and looking to solve the problem. i know it sounds boring, but its the way that is the best.

also, people seem to forget, bush said in early 2000's, that freddie and fannie were way too large and they could collapse. but good old barnie frank said, no sir you just hate poor folks, the more poor folks that have a house the better.

MatI

Actually, as per your article you posted, we are talking percentages of 15% vs 1%. (even though the article says Obama donated 2% during his higher earning years).

Someone who has $10m, you want them to match the same for someone who has couple hundred million?

It is mormon 'rule' that they donate atleast 10% of income to the church. So Mitt is doing what he is being told to do by his church.

The hypocrisy in here is absurd.

Taxes are bad for the economy, down with taxes! Donations of 15% of income is good though.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Fair & Balanced my ass. Talk about making shit up! Not even close by ==> Faux Noos: We Distort, You Comply.

Here's the real story:

Obama 2011 tax returns

By Lynn Sweet on April 18, 2011 6:19 PM | No Comments

from the White House.....

Check out the actual returns here....

Today, the President released his 2010 federal income and gift tax returns. He and the First Lady filed their income tax return jointly and reported an adjusted gross income of $1,728,096. The vast majority of the family's income is the proceeds from the sale of the President's books. The Obamas paid $453,770 in total federal tax.

The President and First Lady also reported donating $245,075 - or about 14.2% of their adjusted gross income - to 36 different charities. The largest reported gift to charity was a $131,075 contribution to the Fisher House Foundation.

The President is donating the after-tax proceeds from his children's book to a Fisher House scholarship fund for children of fallen and disabled soldiers. The President and First Lady also released their Illinois income tax return and reported paying $51,568 in state income taxes.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2011...x_returns.html
    Last edited by Shafted69; 01-24-12 at 11:44 PM.

neverstoppers23

Actually, as per your article you posted, we are talking percentages of 15% vs 1%. (even though the article says Obama donated 2% during his higher earning years).

Someone who has $10m, you want them to match the same for someone who has couple hundred million?

It is mormon 'rule' that they donate atleast 10% of income to the church. So Mitt is doing what he is being told to do by his church.

The hypocrisy in here is absurd.

Taxes are bad for the economy, down with taxes! Donations of 15% of income is good though.
    taxes are bad for the economy because of the kanyesain economic system of tax and spend.

over-all the less taxes there are on capital investments the more people will invest, and actually will lead to a hire net return in good years in overall tax intake.

also lower taxes on businesses always will lead to a hire net economic benefit. either they invest in themselves or hire a new employee.

not understanding how you are correlating taxes and charity donations.

its not a rule that they give an exact amount. but i think its a rule they give some money of their salary back to the 'church'

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted69 View Post
    Fair & Balanced my ass. Talk about some serious bullshit from ==> Faux Noos: We Distort, You Comply.

Here's the real story:

Obama 2011 tax returns

By Lynn Sweet on April 18, 2011 6:19 PM | No Comments

from the White House.....

Check out the actual returns here....

Today, the President released his 2010 federal income and gift tax returns. He and the First Lady filed their income tax return jointly and reported an adjusted gross income of $1,728,096. The vast majority of the family's income is the proceeds from the sale of the President's books. The Obamas paid $453,770 in total federal tax.

The President and First Lady also reported donating $245,075 - or about 14.2% of their adjusted gross income - to 36 different charities. The largest reported gift to charity was a $131,075 contribution to the Fisher House Foundation.

The President is donating the after-tax proceeds from his children's book to a Fisher House scholarship fund for children of fallen and disabled soldiers. The President and First Lady also released their Illinois income tax return and reported paying $51,568 in state income taxes.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2011...x_returns.html

before you go on to bash fox news. which imo is the best news network by far,well at least over msnbc.

cnn is growing on me in some ways.

but sheppard smith to me is one of the best news casters in the buisness.

anyways. read it again buddy, or better yet i will bold the parts here.

emocratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and his wife Michelle gave $10,772 of the $1.2 million they earned from 2000 through 2004 to charities, or less than 1 percent, according to tax returns for those years released today by his campaign.

The Obamas increased the amount they gave to charity when their income rose in 2005 and 2006 after the Illinois senator published a bestselling book. The $137,622 they gave over those two years amounted to more than 5 percent of their $2.6 million income.

Read more: [url]http://nation.foxnews.com/mitt-romney/2012/01/24/whos-greedy-obama-gave-1-charity-romney-gave-15#ixzz1kRi2mn7q

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

TT you're an unemployed nearly 40 something who lives with his grandmother and has no marketable job skills other than free internet tutorials about weight lifting and no 2 week plan much a 5 year plan financially........it's no surprise you would vote for Obama
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milkncereal, and Holtgetsback

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

wrong again itchy, i am employed and i don't live with my grandma,

Uh bush did not become president in 2002

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Watch the highlights on FOX?? That will give you an accurate account of the event 100%!
    I know, its the only news organization who doesnt have their heads up their asses, good stuff that fox news channel. If more people would have watched it in 2008 we wouldnt have this problem we have today by electing obama, they predicted most of this disasterous shit he does 3 years ago.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Listen...Obama wants to help the poor and elderly in this country who want and need affordable health care. Nothing wrong about that. Yet he gets bashed for trying to improve the overall quality of life on one of the greatest nations on Earth. Why?

Greed and stupidity...that's why.

And also think about this.....every major major upswing in America's economy and rise to power for the last 250+ years has been because of major breakthroughs in in science and technology. The Atom bomb, the Industrial revolution,the advancement of information efficiency because of the age of computers. And guess what....all of those major advancements were because of U.S. men and women highly trained and specialized in the fields of math and science. Yup that's right....there were actually smart people skilled in math and science in this country who helped usher in these advances in our society. And as a result more jobs were created and in turn lead to a stronger and healthier economy.

Well now guess what.....America today lacks in it's teaching of its children math and science and is getting embarrassed by the Asians in this line of study. This in turn is only going to lead to more of a stagnation of the American growth of the U.S. economy as a result. So give Obama a break if he wants to encourage kids to get a worthy education in a field that promotes a more environmentally friendly and more efficient way of life.

Unfortunately the truth is the President has done nothing but try to get this country on the right frame of mindset and on the proper track to becoming great once again. And all most of the right -wingers do is shoot him down or nit pick him for his skin color and lack of a "birth certificate".

The nonsense and lack of Patriotism for a man promoting technological innovation, humanitarianism and intelligent advance is ridiculous. We are one country....let's act together as one for petes sake.
    Last edited by NYSportsGuy210; 01-25-12 at 01:02 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Gio21

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    I know, its the only news organization who doesnt have their heads up their asses, good stuff that fox news channel. If more people would have watched it in 2008 we wouldnt have this problem we have today by electing obama, they predicted most of this disasterous shit he does 3 years ago.
    What disastrous shit specifically?

Fox is horrible btw

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

This thread title:

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye2011 View Post
    He also made it sound sooo good thzt were importing less oil then the last two decades, but gas prices are up 40% in his presidency.

He also is talking about no more bailouts and how important cutting down the national debt is, yet he has added 6.5 trillion onto the debt through bailouts.

Obama sounds great with his words, but he does the exact opposite through actions
    Look at the chart, gas prices were high during most of Bush's presidency and only dropped like a rock in October of 08 thru Election Day and December. If you blame Obama for the price now, did you blame Bush then?

Indecent
    Indecent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1156

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Give me back my mega upload asshole!
    I'm about as big of a proponent of free information as you will find, but those guys deserved to go to jail. The law is clear, they broke it, and there is plenty of proof in emails and other logs to prove it.

Hawkeye2011
    Hawkeye2011's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Indecent View Post
    I'm about as big of a proponent of free information as you will find, but those guys deserved to go to jail. The law is clear, they broke it, and there is plenty of proof in emails and other logs to prove it.
    I just read on yahoo that the founder of MegaUpload was also the #1 ranked player on MW3

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

this is some good stuff If you are listening. I would love to know what you disagree with what he is saying. He can't pass anything because republicans are greedy people that only think of themselves and are only for the rich. Obama is not saying one negative thing about an republican and only saying good stuff Step up people and answer if your a republican. What do you disagree with??? You can say he is all talk, but he can't pass this stuff if congress won't let him and make up lies. When are the republicans going to start talking about the issues instead of talking about releasing taxes??
    Republicans and Clinton worked pretty well together and a lot of good things got done. However, Clinton was extremely moderate compared to Obama. Obama is a quasi-socialist. Why would Republicans want to go with that?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

wrong again itchy, i am employed and i don't live with my grandma,

Uh bush did not become president in 2002
    Ok, you get $40 a week to clean floors and it's your mother's house. I stand corrected.

If you do not bring in at least the Kentucky state minimum wage and do not have a rental contract or mortgage in your name then it's semantics.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    What disastrous shit specifically? Fox is horrible btw
    Keep watching msnbc, cnn and follow the rest of the sheeple. If you dont realize how bad it has become then your part of the problem.

First 12345 Last