jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

The guys claiming sports are inherently rigged all the time are Losing Bettors, or in a few cases just have extreme paranoia.

The first evidence presented was a video with 4 games none of which were even remotely fixed. Included was a video of an NHL game where we were supposed to think the puck was being controlled from off the ice?

Obviously there are occasionally games where outcomes are altered. By players and refs, hopefully not by the leagues.

And NBA referees definitely have certain ways they call games, but they are also usually quite consistent about it.

They may be told at times to call games tight or they may get caught up in games and the momentum or the crowd, but the overwhelming majority of NBA games are not fixed.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jstblaze View Post
    The guys claiming sports are inherently rigged all the time are Losing Bettors, or in a few cases just have extreme paranoia.

The first evidence presented was a video with 4 games none of which were even remotely fixed. Included was a video of an NHL game where we were supposed to think the puck was being controlled from off the ice?

Obviously there are occasionally games where outcomes are altered. By players and refs, hopefully not by the leagues.

And NBA referees definitely have certain ways they call games, but they are also usually quite consistent about it.

They may be told at times to call games tight or they may get caught up in games and the momentum or the crowd, but the overwhelming majority of NBA games are not fixed.
    History of Sports Betting: Game Fixing and Point Shaving – Part 1

by richallen
    Like most industries, the sporting world hasn’t been exempt from cheating scandals. Its just so easy for a person with the potential of influencing a game to affect an outcome. The temptation for players to cheat or shave points is something you should be paying attention to. If there are rumors online and you see a point spread moving, that is probably a game to stay away from. Maybe it is fixed, maybe it isn’t, but rapid line movements one way or another are very hard to predict, and impossible to systemize.
    In 2008, the NCAA conducted an gambling impact study and came across some disturbing findings: In surveying over 19,000 athletes, .9% of NCAA football players and .6% of NCAA basketball players admitted to accepting money to play poorly to influence a betting outcome. 2% of players admitted to knowing someone who did. In addition, 30% of players admitted to gambling on a sports event of any kind (even if they weren’t involved) at least once in the year prior to taking the survey. Keep in mind that this is a survey asking people to admit to committing a felony in a survey for no gain; hence, the number of actual cheaters is perhaps understated.
    It would make sense that such rampant game fixing takes place in NCAA sports. By charter, NCAA athletes aren’t allowed to be paid for competing as athletes even though their schools rake in tremendous sums of money from athletic events. I am not saying NCAA athletes don’t take money; Reggie Bush took plenty at USC and coach John Calipari’s basketball teams have been habitual offenders. As long as the NCAA doesn’t pay their athletes, the lure for broke college kids to take money from opportunistic cheaters will always exist.
    In college betting, point shaving is the easiest scam to execute. It involves paying one or more key players to play poorly enough for their team to win but lose against the point spread or play poorly enough when their team is the underdog to lose by more points than the point spread. There have been several examples of this throughout the history of sports betting. One example was when Boston College’s Basketball team was victimized a highly publicized point shaving scandal during the 1978-1979 season. Mobster Henry Hill, a Lucchese crime family member who was portrayed in the hit movie Goodfellas where he was played by Robert De Niro, orchestrated and ran the scheme. Hill became a government informant later in life and told investigators the inner workings of his dealings with the point shaving scandal.
    Hill contacted and established agreements with key players, including center and team leader Rick Kuhn, and gave them money to play poorly enough to influence games. Hill later admitted he only won six of the nine bets he placed on Boston College during the scandal. After one particular game when he had paid players to lose, Hill physically beat one player involved and threatened to kill him if he ever betrayed Hill again. Despite only going 66.6% on his corrupt picks, Hill claimed he was able to pocket over $480,000. It wasn’t a profitable venture for the Boston College Students/players Hill involved. Rick Kuhn was later found guilty of a felony and sentenced to 10 years in prison and served 28 months.
    The Boston College scandal was not an isolated one. Multiple schools have been affected by similar scandals over the course of sports betting history:
    - City College of New York, 1951
    - Tulane, 1985
    - Arizona State 1994 (team captain and eventual NBA Player Steven “Hadake” Smith would serve prison time
    - University of Toledo, 2004
    Point Shaving is a crime with, one would assume, a low conviction rate. In almost all cases, the crime victims of point shaving have no idea a crime has even taken place so there is no police report. Hence, we are safe to assume, there are many actual point shaving incidents for every one that is revealed.
    While it’s important to listen to the claims players make regarding point shaving and game fixing, it’s also important to look at game results and see what they suggest. Wharton business school Professor Justin Wolfers examined the outcomes of over 44,000 NCAA basketball games and came to a clear conclusion: cheating was rampant in the NCAA. Wolfers explained that it is much more likely that a player would shave points in a game where his team is a large favorite because it is easier to avoid detection. For example, if two basketball teams are even, and there is no spread in the game (known as a “pick em”), then a player making a bad play on purpose at a key moment will not only not cover the spread on the game, it will lose the game outright. It is much safer for a player to commit a turnover on purpose at the end of a game when his team is winning by 15 points and cause his team to lose against the spread.
    In examining the 44,000 games from 1989 to 2005, Wolfers found that favorites beat the spread in 50.1% of games, yet in games with strong favorites, teams only covered the spread in 48.37% of games, a statistically significant difference. Wolfers deduced that one out of six strong favorite NCAA games is affected by gambling, and it is almost always the favorite team doing the fixing. Because one in five NCAA games has a strong favorite (12 points or more) and Wolfers calculated that 6 % of those games were fixed, he figured that roughly one percent of NCAA games are fixed. This calculation seems to coalesce with the surveys taken from NCAA players. Cheating is indeed rampant in NCAA games. Realizing the data for what it is, you should have a tendency to stay away from strong favorites in NCAA basketball and football.
    In addition to Henry Hill admitting to fixing basketball games at Boston College, he claimed to have made a lot of money with an unnamed NBA official on his payroll. That claim became a lot more believable when NBA official Tim Donaghy was arrested in 2007 and charged with betting on games. Donaghy claimed to FBI officials that he regularly won between 70 and 75% of games by capitalizing on inside knowledge of specific referees tendencies and feelings towards teams. While the FBI didn’t further prosecute him for making the claims under oath or even dispute what Donaghy said, they didn’t release a detailed audit of which games Donaghy fixed. We do know this: Tim Donaghy was arrested and convicted of betting on NBA games while he worked as an NBA referee.
    In a televised Interview appearing on the show 60 Minutes, Donaghy named specific NBA officials and their improprieties. He said specifically that Steve Javie had a vendetta against Allen Iverson and he would always bet against Iverson’s team when Javie was officiating, and that referee Dick Bavetta liked to games close. These were staggering claims and very believable. Iverson had a well publicized run in with Javie in January of 2007 and was fined $25,000 for criticizing Javie after a game. Donaghy expounded on Bavetta, saying that he loved hearing his name on TV and wanted to make himself the focus of games. That claim in itself is very believable to anyone who has watched Bavetta. He likes to take zany photos, and even participated in a footrace-event with Charles Barkley over one NBA All Star Weekend.
    There was one problem with Donaghy’s specific claims, they clearly weren’t true. Rather than win 70% of his bets as Donaghy claimed he did overall, anyone who used the strategy of betting on underdogs in games officiated by Dick Bavetta would have lost 12% of their bankroll between 2003 and 2007, the period Donaghy claimed to have bet. The same bettor would have only made $40 had they wagered a total of $1500 had they bet against Allen Iverson’s Philadelphia 76ers while Steve Javie was officiating from 2003-2007. Donaghy’s other claims: positive relationships between referee Joe Crawford and Allen Iverson and coach Mike Fratello and referee Joe Forte were also proven false. The NBA released a report saying that they had audited Donaghy’s games and found no evidence he had made calls to influence games.
    So does this all mean that NBA officials are clear of any wrongdoing? maybe not. Some very weird events have taken place. Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban alleged in 2006 that referees robbed his team of a series against the Miami Heat in the Finals and was subsequently fined $250,000 by NBA Commissioner David Stern for his comments about the refs including official Danny Crawford. In examining the data, the conclusion is curious. The Mavericks won 69% of their regular season games from 2000-2010. (563-257) In the playoffs, their record fell to 46%. (43-57) but won only 11% of games officiated by Danny Crawford, while winning 53% of their playoff games not officiated by Crawford (47-41). More important to our point regarding the history of sports betting, the Mavericks are only 4-14 against the spread when Crawford is on the floor

seems like Mark Cuban is paranoid too. Or maybe a losing gambler.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

History of Sports Betting: Game Fixing and Point Shaving – Part 2

by richallen
    The ESPN columnist, Bill Simmons, found several examples of very poor officiating in big games throughout the hisotry of sports betting. There are several examples throughout the history of sports betting including a 2000 game between the Knicks and Heat where a very key phantom call down the stretch. Knicks Forward Latrell Sprewell was awarded a timeout falling out of bounds when even he admitted he called no timeout. The worst example Simmons writes about though is the 2002 Game 6 meeting between the Sacramento Kings and Los Angeles Lakers. The Lakers who had been averaging 22 free throws per game were awarded 27 free throws in the 4<SUP>th</SUP> quarter alone. A team being awarded 27 free throws in a single quarter during the midst of a 17 point comeback when they had been only been averaging 22 a game seems askew from an objective standpoint. Subjectively though, if you watch the game the calls were even worse. Though we don’t have enough objective data to make the case, it does seem in potential playoff elimination games for a big market team, NBA officials have a tendency to favor big market teams over small market teams.
    America is certainly not a pioneer in sports related cheating. Throughout the history of sports betting soccer scandals have been rampant in Europe, and Nobel Prize winning Ecomomist Levitt wrote a detailed paper explaining the cheating that takes place in Japanese Sumo matches. While as a bettor I never try to profit from cheating (only because its too unpredictable), I do try to realize the potential situations and stay away from it.

this guy Rich Allen must be really paranoid. Or just lose lot's of bets.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

The evidence is available. All you have to do is look. It's not my duty to provide proof for you. Come to your own conclusions. If you don't think that any foul play is going on then that's your opinion and your entitled.

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I dont even doubt that those officials affected games and their outcomes.

I think it was mostly due to poor or one sided officiating, not connected to game fixing.

Just because a ref calls one player different then the others, doesnt mean its fixed, that was information the educated sportsbettor would include in the analysis, as would the lines makers.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    sportmushrm you didn't make any valid reasoning against my statement. Typing long paragraphs doesn't somehow make you correct. I can be longwinded as well but we are looking for substance. There's no reason to go into a long thesis on how leagues and teams make money. We understand how they make money. That was never in question. Yes I do bring up Tim Donaghy because until his whistleblowing people was in denial(like you still are) It happened and without Donaghy it still happens. Not just in the NBA either. Furthermore, how do you figure "vegas" would lose money by games being rigged? That is complete nonsense. Gambling 101- house wins. If and when games are rigged I'm willing to go all in that those who create the lines are in the know. More than anyone else. ANYONE! I enjoy your input but remember. Substance. It's not quantity but more so quality. Continue.
    Right. Because the people rigging games would be doing it for "Vegas" and not themselves. LMAO.

Did I tell you that you're a moron yet?

joeybagadonuts
    joeybagadonuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea, sports are all rigged. Duh. Who didn't know that. I channel elvis to figure out which way each is fixed and am hitting 97% over the last 425 years. Elvis was drunk for a few of the brain readings so thats why I didn't hit 100%.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

^^^ another one of sbr's finest.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

God.
    Dear Mikail.
    I know you got the lowdown on things, it's awesome. You spend MORE time talking shite than giving us modern results. Sure, fishy things happen... They always do. Are you trying for the 2011 'DERP - math is impervious to me' guy? Or are you going for "RON PAUL 2012!!!!" guy. I don't get your angle. I rarely pay attention to threads, but I've not ever seen, in my life, 1 guy, fighting for the 'fix'. WELL NO SHIT fixes happen. It's part of punting. In fact, 1 NBA Ref (and to be fair, more than 1 needs to be locked up) fixing games.
    WOW.
    You're not showing the 'point shaving' in your posts that have happened how many times in sports???? Your proof is crap, at best. The hockey one way back in this thread is about as stupid as stupid can get, because, you've probably never shot a puck off of ice at a net.

You're missing 100s of times where the fix was in and people were convicted. Sorry that there's no youtube video that you've linked.. If you spent 10 minutes over those convictions linking stories, you MAY have credibility. The FIX happens. It will ALWAYS happen, so long as people value money over - well shit all. No one, with a right minded brain that sports CANNOT be fixed (if you follow Boxing in the last 30 years, you KNOW this) - but to go off as you have? You, sir, need a tin foil cap and need to STFU. You OBVIOUSLY don't know when the shave or fix is in. You OBVIOUSLY have 0 to bring to the table. You OBVIOUSLY will link me a vid some other punter made.

Crap. I remember the early vid you listed. I was on Pitts on the ML. You have to understand potential dangers. I remember buzzing all week about that Polamalu play and how it cost me 0 and I mourned every other punter that got f'd.

If you can give 1,000 samples, you MAY have an arguemnt, but you do not. F, if you had 10 PROPER samples in 2011, you might not be a total tosser. In my mind, yeah, shaving happens a LOT in college sports, that's proven. DUH. But pro sports? Maybe there is SOME fixes, but who cares... If you get your money in good most weeks, you can take the hit now and again.

Just saying, you sir, Mik, need to remove your head from your ass. They aren't all set up for any other reason. If you're right, then explain to me the years where books lost and cite proof. When you cannot, you can take your conspiracy and shove it up your ass and stfu and get a f'n hobby. No shit sports, at times, are fixed - no one will debate that. But citing a sample size off of youtube vids? Cmon. Get off it and seriously, really? Give REAL evidence, not anomolies, thenyou MAY be credible.

Meh - Label Mik a troll that has lost a few. He probably lost 'all in' on the eagles/9rs game earlier in the NFL season, where EVERY SINGLE person that watch tape got paid (and also dickloads of punters).

Your evidence is NOT there. 5-10 CRAZY things does NOT epual a sports week. Crap there's WAY more than that going on, but apparently, SOME overlord controls it?? LOL, sometimes, but it's almost always in college - just read more, sir.

One more time, I want your Steve Bartman defense. And when you don't have it, MAYBE you will go make proper punts and tell us all about how they are happening (even though that is OUT of your range). Seriously, you give us ALL a bad name fighting for what you are, when NO F'N SHITE fixes happen. Ugh.

But seriously, Professor Brainiac, let us know when the fix is in! You got it down, you GET IT. When is it in? Let us know... If not, well... I'm not the crazy one saying it's all fixed. And in EVER knowing that, you're posting. You should be on some island with 1 billion women... Thanks for posting on SBR, f'n troll. Tell us something new and give some REAL evidence that we didn't already know. Thanks.
    Last edited by McBa1n; 12-27-11 at 06:07 PM.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    God.
    Dear Mikail.
    I know you got the lowdown on things, it's awesome. You spend MORE time talking shite than giving us modern results. Sure, fishy things happen... They always do. Are you trying for the 2011 'DERP - math is impervious to me' guy? Or are you going for "RON PAUL 2012!!!!" guy. I don't get your angle. I rarely pay attention to threads, but I've not ever seen, in my life, 1 guy, fighting for the 'fix'. WELL NO SHIT fixes happen. It's part of punting. In fact, 1 NBA Ref (and to be fair, more than 1 needs to be locked up) fixing games.
    WOW.
    You're not showing the 'point shaving' in your posts that have happened how many times in sports???? Your proof is crap, at best. The hockey one way back in this thread is about as stupid as stupid can get, because, you've probably never shot a puck off of ice at a net.

You're missing 100s of times where the fix was in and people were convicted. Sorry that there's no youtube video that you've linked.. If you spent 10 minutes over those convictions linking stories, you MAY have credibility. The FIX happens. It will ALWAYS happen, so long as people value money over - well shit all. No one, with a right minded brain that sports CANNOT be fixed (if you follow Boxing in the last 30 years, you KNOW this) - but to go off as you have? You, sir, need a tin foil cap and need to STFU. You OBVIOUSLY don't know when the shave or fix is in. You OBVIOUSLY have 0 to bring to the table. You OBVIOUSLY will link me a vid some other punter made.

Crap. I remember the early vid you listed. I was on Pitts on the ML. You have to understand potential dangers. I remember buzzing all week about that Polamalu play and how it cost me 0 and I mourned every other punter that got f'd.

If you can give 1,000 samples, you MAY have an arguemnt, but you do not. F, if you had 10 PROPER samples in 2011, you might not be a total tosser. In my mind, yeah, shaving happens a LOT in college sports, that's proven. DUH. But pro sports? Maybe there is SOME fixes, but who cares... If you get your money in good most weeks, you can take the hit now and again.

Just saying, you sir, Mik, need to remove your head from your ass. They aren't all set up for any other reason. If you're right, then explain to me the years where books lost and cite proof. When you cannot, you can take your conspiracy and shove it up your ass and stfu and get a f'n hobby. No shit sports, at times, are fixed - no one will debate that. But citing a sample size off of youtube vids? Cmon. Get off it and seriously, really? Give REAL evidence, not anomolies, thenyou MAY be credible.

Meh - Label Mik a troll that has lost a few. He probably lost 'all in' on the eagles/9rs game earlier in the NFL season, where EVERY SINGLE person that watch tape got paid (and also dickloads of punters).

Your evidence is NOT there. 5-10 CRAZY things does NOT epual a sports week. Crap there's WAY more than that going on, but apparently, SOME overlord controls it?? LOL, sometimes, but it's almost always in college - just read more, sir.
    Cliff notes to this clowns posts.

mcbain - mikail you are wrong but yes there are fixes. your a troll. you don't know what your talking about. You post links and youtube vids. duh duh duh

you sir are the one trolling. Now run along. men are talking.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

sportmushrm you didn't make any valid reasoning against my statement. Typing long paragraphs doesn't somehow make you correct. I can be longwinded as well but we are looking for substance. There's no reason to go into a long thesis on how leagues and teams make money. We understand how they make money. That was never in question. Yes I do bring up Tim Donaghy because until his whistleblowing people was in denial(like you still are) It happened and without Donaghy it still happens. Not just in the NBA either. Furthermore, how do you figure "vegas" would lose money by games being rigged? That is complete nonsense. Gambling 101- house wins. If and when games are rigged I'm willing to go all in that those who create the lines are in the know. More than anyone else. ANYONE! I enjoy your input but remember. Substance. It's not quantity but more so quality. Continue.
    ok I'll sum up because long paragraphs confuse you

a)donaghy was caught because fbi monitors gambling, if you fix games you will get caught at the betting booth

b)owners&league make money from attendance, merchandise and tv sales --> fixed games drive down attendance, merchandise and tv sales --> fixed games decrease owners and leagues money --> owners and league do not want fix games

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    ok I'll sum up because long paragraphs confuse you

a)donaghy was caught because fbi monitors gambling, if you fix games you will get caught at the betting booth

b)owners&league make money from attendance, merchandise and tv sales --> fixed games drive down attendance, merchandise and tv sales --> fixed games decrease owners and leagues money --> owners and league do not want fix games
    Long paragraphs are fine. Longwinded nonsense isn't. Yes Donaghy was caught because games was being rigged. Funny because you claim it doesn't happen. Games are fixed all the time and joe public at the window isn't the one fixing them. He's probably the one on the losing end. Once again you do not need explain owner and league revenue. We understand all that. Whether or not owners and leagues want or don't want fixed games is another non issue. Once again your posting useless information. The title of the thread is whether or not you are fed up with rigged games. obviously your not because you don't believe it happens so you've made your point. Anything else?

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

if you know games are fixed then follow the money and bet the winning side. it should be easy.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

The more time I spend at sbr the more I realize i'm amongst men who have the mind of school children. Insults and name calling to anyone who doesn't agree with you. Constant trolling. C'mon fellas grow the fuk up!

SportsMushroom

also you were a cocky arrogant prick by talking down to me about not knowing about the revenue sharing agreement

you got caught with your pants down as I proved that it was you that knows shitall about the revenue sharing agreement, yet you failed to comment on that, your are full of shit, and not just in this thread but in every thread you make on sbr

SportsMushroom

The title of the thread is whether or not you are fed up with rigged games. obviously your not because you don't believe it happens so you've made your point. Anything else?
    yes just what I have been saying all along

you assume games are fixed because you are a losing gambler

if you were really making money of fixed games you would have not made this thread

what makes you a loser is not the fact that you lose from gambling, what makes you a loser is the fact that you whine about how sports are fixed and at the same time brag about making money gambling

its not just this thread, you bitched about sports being fixed in many posts on sbr, and you've bragged about being a profitable gambler in just as many, usually within the same thread which makes it even easier to spot the crazy that is you posting on sbr

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

also you were a cocky arrogant prick by talking down to me about not knowing about the revenue sharing agreement you got caught with your pants down as I proved that it was you that knows shitall about the revenue sharing agreement, yet you failed to comment on that, your are full of shit, and not just in this thread but in every thread you make on sbr
    You sir a delusional. Regardless of the amount or lack there of my knowledge of revenue sharing, you once again are talking pure conjecture. You are no more than an internet troll who's existance must be pretty pathetic. I told you yesterday I have no interest in engaging in a back in forth with you. Yet you still come at me. I've experienced your sad world before. PATHETIC!!!

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Sports mushrrom= pathetic troll.

SportsMushroom

ok mikhail you win, I wont come back to this thread

just go back and look at all the replies

people see right through your bullshit

you lost money and now you are bitter, get over it

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

ok mikhail you win, I wont come back to this thread just go back and look at all the replies people see right through your bullshit you lost money and now you are bitter, get over it
    more conjecture. Sbr knows my win/losses in the books I play at thru them. They know I'm not a losing gambler but you know more than me what my win/losses look like.Fact is I'm a proven winner. Go ahead check my posted plays. Your the one coming off as the troll throughout the whole thread. Go ahead read thru it again. You and a few others continuously insulted me. All I did was respond to those insults and barely did that. I'm here to talk sports and have interesting conversation. you on the other hand are just trolling. Is life that bad for you?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Interesting article at Bleacherreport on this very subject. link below

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...orts-are-fixed

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

People get caught all the time, it just isnt made public. But in some cases it gets exposed. How many times do guys get kicked off college teams for undisclosed or 'team reasons'? They, the player cant really say why either because pro sports teams dont like gamblers either. So it all gets hushed up. But obviously scandals have been existed.

if someone said 9 months ago that Penn State University was a pedophiles wet dream and made claims to even a third of the stuff that actually happened what would people have said? that shit went on for years and years, and is obviously more serious than fixing games yet it wasnt widely known or even reported, and was perpetuated.

The morale of the story is you dont worry about the stuff you hear about but you fear the stuff no one finds out about.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2745

Mikail,

Thanks for taking the lead on posting this, it does make one think about it more. I also believe there are fixes in pro sports. I don't remember the specific teams involved but wasn't there a large investigation over in in Europe about soccer matches being fixed?

I'd like to hear more about the horse racing side as this is a sport that has a long history but no one really brings up the race fixing side of the business. As an example, one of the items I've long wondered about is when a claim is entered on a horse during an upcoming thoroughbred race when the horse is the first or second choice in betting. More often than not, this horse will be set to run out of the money. I guess the only way from a validation perspective would be to hear from a trainer but I've seen this happen way too many times to be a coincidence. It would also be nice if the racing public is told BEFORE the race goes if a claim is entered on a horse. Similarly, I enjoy playing horses in the first race back off the claim as their price will typically be higher than the previous race it just lost out of the money. Horse racing is one of those games where there are too many intagibles that can happen. Hearing from past jockeys and trainers would certainly add insight into this and at least create an open discussion.

If any of you have come across this type of information regarding race fixing, I'd be very interested to read about it. In the meantime, keep the discussion going!!

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Coming from mikail, the notoriously awful. handicapper.. no surprise mikail is making a thread like this.. fixed because he loses

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Coming from mikail, the notoriously awful. handicapper.. no surprise mikail is making a thread like this.. fixed because he loses
    Yes because you have to lose money gambling to believe that there is corruption in sports.

wesleypotter
    wesleypotter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3437

My 2 cents,Yes I think certain games are rigged. I have learned to stay away from games where I say something isn't right. Couple examples this year ST Louis and New Orleans,and Green Bay and KC.I do understand Vegas knows more than us,but most of us eat sleep and breathe sports especially football,and not 1 person saw a sign that those 2 teams would lose,but Vegas did,moneylines dropped,the spread dropped,and every one was loading up on the favorites.My question is what did Vegas see that nobody else did? A couple more the San Diego KC monday night game where Rivers bobbled the snap centering the field goal,come on man really,and I was on KC strictly because of the line movement,and told a buddy of mine somethings funny about this game.1 more was the Pitt vs NE game where Polamula batted the ball in the end zone to kill all the New England teasers including mine fckn shit cost me 4k lol,Play was reviewed and clearly ilegally batted forward,but the play stood. Bottom line not all games are,but some definitely are.Sportsbooks are multi billion dollar a year business and any time you have that much money being thrown around there will be shady individuals who can make things happen. It happens and anyone who thinks different is just fooling themselves,but its not widespread

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

it is interesting that sometimes you see can everybody (players, coaches, etc.) smiling and for sure not being upset (regardless of the sport) after their team just made a "big/huge mistake" during the last minutes/seconds of the game, killing the spread or turning the game around

sharlataans
    sharlataans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2614

These people surely are certain, that there are no fixes:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/keep-on-moving/4763891017/

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

The infamous game 6

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

So you're saying if I just take the favs straight up and avoid the spread, I'll always win? GREAT, I love fixed sports!

bee gee
    bee gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1316

Sure it happens. Prolly not often but it wouldn't have to happen much to be very profitable for someone. Bottom line - it happens but I'm not fed up.

apomixis
    apomixis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 631

That "Other Side" video would hold more credibility for me if it actually had all its facts straight. For instance, at 6:00 it states that the Flames almost scored at 1:38 of overtime. Wrong; that shot by Iginla occurred with 1:38 to go in the first period, not even a third of the way through the game. But don't let anything (like the truth) get in the way of a conspiracy theory.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Wow! Might have to put together a youtube vid of the OT game of michigan vs Virginai Tech 2012 sugar bowl. How was that not a catch?

TheBet
    TheBet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Is this closet gay ass Islamic who claims to be a homophobic still looking for the lost city of gold? Or has it moved on to looking for aliens near Area 51?

First ... 4567