Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Aaron Rodgers Best QB in NFL

This should be clear, but there are those who have him behind Brady, Manning, even Brees (espn, yahoo). Those that think they are better are squares without a clue judging off reputation alone. Brady and Manning are two of the worst athletes in the League and can do fuk all outside the pocket and eat grass when touched.

Rodgers now has the experience, and matches their accuracy, consistency, arm strength, preparation/work ethic, and intelligence. What he has that they don't is the ability to run, elude rushers, and improvise when pocket collapses, being able to throw a 30 yard dime running full stride. Not to mention he has the best receiving core in League with most athletic TE, Finley, back.

I deem Rodgers to have the most talent and ability with minimal weakness. To show he absolutely compares with Brady and Manning in efficiency

Rodgers 64.4% career passer, 2.7 TD/INT ratio, 98.4 passer rating
    Brady 63.6%, 2.5 ratio, 95.2 pr
    Manning 64.9%, 2.0 ratio, 94.9 pr
    Now factor his versatility and ability that they don't have (video) + proven winner + years to improve = best QB

Rodgers is the complete QB. There isn't a QB alive who can make each of these plays.

1:50 - pin point precision through an impossible window
    2:00 - 60 yard bomb after turning around to avoid pressure
    2:22 - 70 yard dime to WR mid-stride, 95 yard TD
    7:42 - spins off an unblocked rusher, eludes 2 others, completes perfect throw to WR's outside shoulder
    7:52 - no one open, dodges 3 defenders to run it in

Rodgers +500 or better to win MVP
    Last edited by Sunde91; 08-14-11 at 11:26 PM.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Im going with Vick. (fantasy football wise)

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would take T. Brady over Rodgers, guy is a proven winner on a consistent basis.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

no doubt...

May be one of the best ever when all said and done...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Im going with Vick. (fantasy football wise)
    You going to use your first pick to get him? He will go first round.

paco

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    You going to use your first pick to get him? He will go first round.
    Yes, if he is there 9th. I think he will be.

1. CJ 2. AP. 3. Foster 4. R Rice 5. McCoy 6. JCharles 7. McFadden 8. Rodgers 9. Vick (Me )

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

He's good, but not #1 fantasy pick good. Vick will score more fantasy points.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

all that typing to hype the super bowl mvp

seriously kid? you think you're telling bros something they dont already know?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Yes, if he is there 9th. I think he will be.

1. CJ 2. AP. 3. Foster 4. R Rice 5. McCoy 6. JCharles 7. McFadden 8. Rodgers 9. Vick (Me )
    Yeah. He should be. I won't know where I'm drafting till the draft. But if I fall into the 8th or 9th spot, I might take Vick too. This will be a 12 team league. How many teams in yours?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Alex smith

paco

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Yeah. He should be. I won't know where I'm drafting till the draft. But if I fall into the 8th or 9th spot, I might take Vick too. This will be a 12 team league. How many teams in yours?
    12 as well. We don't score the conventional way of 6pt for all all td's. The longer the td, the more points. Vick usually has a 30-40 yard bomb. Will try to get the combo with Desean Jackson if I can later.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

The Steelers pass D was horrendous. Their front 7 and Troy are great, CB and other safety were their weaknesses.

Rodgers should have a hell of a career ahead of him though... I have him 2nd in the league behind the reigning MVP.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

12 as well. We don't score the conventional way of 6pt for all all td's. The longer the td, the more points. Vick usually has a 30-40 yard bomb. Will try to get the combo with Desean Jackson if I can later.
    Yours a PPR league? Mine is.

We have bonus points for total yardage, not sure if this is a default setting:

QB's> 3 points for 350+ yards, 5 points for 450+ yards
    RB's & WR's> 3 points for 100+ yards, 5 points for 200+ yards.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

F off fantasy douchers. Way to ruin a bad thread with even worse conversation.
    Thanks!
    Fantasy football is horrible. It ruins the game. You lose what matters in the NFL (team fandom) with stupid f'n stats that mean ZERO in the end - start your own thread and piss off.

Until Rodgers goes 16-0 or wins a dickload of superbowls, he's nowhere near Brady. Brady cleared Montana years ago as the best QB in the NFL of ALL TIME. He didn't win a superbowl in 1 year with the best receiver corps he had - but he went the bowl and got beat by the best pass rush we've all ever seen and STILL almost won the ball game.

It's stupid to call out Rodgers on the level of Brady. Manning, IMO, can barely break the top 5 of all time. He's 4th or 5th best ever in the last 30 years.

To be the 'best', you gotta win a LOT in the post-season, and Manning has soooo few important HUGE games he's won in his career in the post season. Name Brady's running backs (if you name Faulk, you're a dumbass) and top receivers (1 and 2) when he won a Superbowl against the 'greatest show on turf'. When you can't think of 'that guy' off the top of your head, f off. Rodgers has a top receiver corps in the NFL, but D was why they won - just like Brady in his early years. Neither the Pats norst the Pack could run the ball with their victories. D made the Super Bowls happen, that's all I'm saying. It was some great QB play, also, but to put ANYONE ahead of Brady is just f'n dumb. Potential does NOT equal rings. Brady has 3.
    Points Awarded:

fid gave McBa1n 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: iceminers26, slacker00, and fid

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    all that typing to hype the super bowl mvp

seriously kid? you think you're telling bros something they dont already know?
    His point, as he clearly stated, was that people were ranking him as about the 4th best QB which at this point he's probably in the top 2.

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    Thanks!
    Fantasy football is horrible. It ruins the game. You lose what matters in the NFL (team fandom) with stupid f'n stats that mean ZERO in the end - start your own thread and piss off.

Until Rodgers goes 16-0 or wins a dickload of superbowls, he's nowhere near Brady. Brady cleared Montana years ago as the best QB in the NFL of ALL TIME. He didn't win a superbowl in 1 year with the best receiver corps he had - but he went the bowl and got beat by the best pass rush we've all ever seen and STILL almost won the ball game.

It's stupid to call out Rodgers on the level of Brady. Manning, IMO, can barely break the top 5 of all time. He's 4th or 5th best ever in the last 30 years.

To be the 'best', you gotta win a LOT in the post-season, and Manning has soooo few important HUGE games he's won in his career in the post season. Name Brady's running backs (if you name Faulk, you're a dumbass) and top receivers (1 and 2) when he won a Superbowl against the 'greatest show on turf'. When you can't think of 'that guy' off the top of your head, f off. Rodgers has a top receiver corps in the NFL, but D was why they won - just like Brady in his early years. Neither the Pats norst the Pack could run the ball with their victories. D made the Super Bowls happen, that's all I'm saying. It was some great QB play, also, but to put ANYONE ahead of Brady is just f'n dumb. Potential does NOT equal rings. Brady has 3.
    Rings are a good indicator, but not the be all end all. Brady succeeded with a solid receiving corps and a great coach, but he's also shown weakness and vulnerability (as has Rodgers at times). Not sayin Rodgers has surpassed Brady but it's not nearly as far off as you make it out to be.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I'm going with Rodgers right now as well. I think the kid is red hot.

Brady would be my #2

Manning #3

iceminers26

McBa

Feel the same way.... use to laugh back in the day at the guys at the bar who would bring in their laptops and root on their $10 a week FF... its not true betting IMO

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Until Rodgers goes 16-0 or wins a dickload of superbowls, he's nowhere near Brady. Brady cleared Montana years ago as the best QB in the NFL of ALL TIME.
    The OP as far as I'm concerned was focusing on "who's the best" meaning "CURRENTLY".... Brady is 34 now... Manning is up in age... you have to give the throne to Rodgers now because the kid proved himself last year. He's the man you have to take down. So go and do it.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    The OP as far as I'm concerned was focusing on "who's the best" meaning "CURRENTLY".... Brady is 34 now... Manning is up in age... you have to give the throne to Rodgers now because the kid proved himself last year. He's the man you have to take down. So go and do it.
    At the current time I would still take Brady as my QB if I'm coaching a team.... Rodgers was a stud last year but Brady is still the man when it comes to getting it done and have a feeling he will show that once again this year.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    How can Rodgers surpass Brady as the best currently, when Brady won MVP?

Rodgers is the QB of the future, 2 or 3 currently, but IMO he hasn't passed Brady yet. Very well could do it this year... I guess we'll see

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    McBa

Feel the same way.... use to laugh back in the day at the guys at the bar who would bring in their laptops and root on their $10 a week FF... its not true betting IMO
    No need to be rude, and you seem to have anger issues McBa1n.

I make money off it, if I place, so yes it matters to me. Also makes Sundays more exciting to me, and lets you follow players you don't usually pay attention to. Oh yeah, I also bet NFL.

Fuk the team fandumb sh!t, if you bet the sport, your favorite team is the team your money is on. I could give a sh!t who is the best QB now, tomorrow, or 25 years from now. Everyone has a different list.

Patriot fan.

iceminers26

Onlooker

You FF guys are winning, never thought it would take over sports betting but with the DOJ bs looks like FF is the new big thing. Never thought I would see the day but with the current legal situation, guess I was wrong.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Onlooker

You FF guys are winning, never thought it would take over sports betting but with the DOJ bs looks like FF is the new big thing. Never thought I would see the day but with the current legal situation, guess I was wrong.
    Along with betting on the NFL, I am in 3 money games. Survival League, Fantasy Football League and a Pro Pick'em League. It just fills my Sundays with a lot of excitement.

I was able to split the Survival League pot last year of $2840. Me and another guy agreed to split to get $1420 each, instead of trying to beat each other out. I hope the pot is bigger this year.

Ok, I better stop talking about anything other then fandumb stuff, or I may get jumped on again.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Philip Rivers > Aaron Rodgers

And the stats back it up. Put Philip Rivers on the Packers, Steelers, or Saints and he has a ring by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    This should be clear, but there are those who have him behind Brady, Manning, even Brees (espn, yahoo).

Those that think they are better are clowns without a clue judging off reputation alone. Brady and Manning are two of the worst athletes in the League and can do fuk all outside the pocket and eat grass when touched.

Rodgers now has the experience, and matches their accuracy, consistency, arm strength, preparation/work ethic, and intelligence. What he has that they don't is the ability to run, elude rushers, and improvise when pocket collapses, being able to throw a 30 yard dime running full stride. Not to mention he has the best receiving core in League with most athletic TE, Finley, back.

In the Super Bowl, the world knew Packers had no run threat and would have to pass. Steelers were vaunted as the greatest D in the League and had 2 weeks to prepare solely for Rodgers. Rodgers did that? 24/39 (61.5%), 304 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs. Receivers dropped 6 balls, including a TD. A top performance in Super Bowl history given the circumstances.

For the 2011 playoffs he won 4 road games with a rookie RB and went 68.2%, 1,094, 9 TD, 2 INT.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

After Manning and Brady retires. Rodgers will be the #1 QB in the NFL.

BettingWizard

Thanks!

Ha, Brady is a choker now, Montana is the clear #1

BettingWizard

McBa

how so? it's just advanced prop betting.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Manning slows down this year. Brady slows down this year or next year. Rodgers definitely heir apparent to best QB in the league. If you asked every GM in the league to pick one player to start a team my guess would be every single one would pick Rodgers

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I agree with Sunde here. If you're talking current qb levels, Rodgers is the best there is right now. Certainly not anywhere close to all time, but that wasn't the point of the thread.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

rodgers will have a down year. def will not win mvp.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

This should be clear, but there are those who have him behind Brady, Manning, even Brees (espn, yahoo).

Those that think they are better are clowns without a clue judging off reputation alone. Brady and Manning are two of the worst athletes in the League and can do fuk all outside the pocket and eat grass when touched.

In the Super Bowl, the world knew Packers had no run threat and would have to pass. Steelers were vaunted as the greatest D in the League and had 2 weeks to prepare solely for Rodgers. Rodgers did that? 24/39 (61.5%), 304 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs. Receivers dropped 6 balls, including a TD. A top performance in Super Bowl history given the circumstances.

For the 2011 playoffs he won 4 road games with a rookie RB and went 68.2%, 1,094, 9 TD, 2 INT.

Brady has 3 rings because Billie Belidick cheated

Manning is Forrest Gump

Brees is too short

NFC has the edge now over AFC, no doubt, the better coaches are in the NFC
    Payton
    McCarthy
    Andy Reid
    Mike Shanahan
    Mike Smith

NFL has changed, its about passing offense and the smart offensive coaches are in the NFC

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

That does not mean much, look what Brady did to Pit last year

Pitts pass defense sucks ass, its sucks this year too

Black coaches dont do well in the super bowls

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Brady has 3 rings because Billie Belidick cheated

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

I would take T. Brady over Rodgers, guy is a proven winner on a consistent basis.
    How many play-off games has Brady won in the last 3 seasons?

Hint: It's less than 1.

Just sayin'

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    How many play-off games has Brady won in the last 3 seasons?

Hint: It's less than 1.

Just sayin'
    Well, he did tear his ACL and MCL in the first game of one of those seasons, and didn't play the rest of the year...

Just sayin'

1234 Last