hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Can US Citizens wager in Ontario?

Online wagering - Online accounts - Promotions, etc. - I live close to the border of Ontario. Wondering if I can go across and bet while on a vacation. Also, have friends there from when I was with my X-GF. Also, will I be able to get the first time customer promotions as part of this?

Main worry is no legal address there or do they not care? Any Canuck that can help much appreciated or a US citizen that has already tried this!
    Last edited by hehfest; 03-10-23 at 12:21 AM.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Title a little tricky. Should have put online wagering by opening up online accounts. I used to wager at Caesar's Windsor at Legends. I think that is what it was called. So, obviously I can walk in with cash.

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Online wagering - Online accounts - Promotions, etc. - I live close to the border of Ontario. Wondering if I can go across and bet while on a vacation. Also, have friends there from when I was with my X-GF. Also, will I be able to get the first time customer promotions as part of this?

Main worry is no legal address there or do they not care? Any Canuck that can help much appreciated or a US citizen that has already tried this!
    I believe you can bet online with the legal books here.

The problem you may run into is there are many payout options for people with Canadian bank accounts but none for foreign accounts, the only exception is paypal but not all books accept paypal.

If you can get a Canadian bank account you should have no issues betting while in Ontario. The most popular payout method here is interac etransfer, comparable to zelle in the US but much faster.

If you cant get a Canadian bank account then you you'll be limited to some of the books but not all, ie PINNACLE doesn't offer paypal.

Betrivers, thescorebet, caesars, draftking, fanduel and pointsbet all offer paypal, there may be more but I'm only aware of these ones.

My recommendation would be to get a bank account at Scotiabank as they have a v.isa debit that can be paid out to. Thescorebet pays to vsa debit instantly.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

How many books offer branded debit cards Icon?

Ones you can transfer to from your book account and withdraw cash at an ATM.

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    How many books offer branded debit cards Icon?

Ones you can transfer to from your book account and withdraw cash at an ATM.
    The ones I know for certain are:

Betano,TheScorebet, Bet99.ca, Northstarbets, Bet365, Ballybet.

Also certain that the VI.SA debit cards from Scotiabank, TDBank, and CIBC all work for deposits and withdrawals. Not sure about RBC.
    BMO uses Mistercard so no withdrawals.

edit: Bet365 will issue wire transfer payment if you use a debit card.
    Last edited by icon; 04-08-23 at 11:09 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave icon 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Thank you

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    I believe you can bet online with the legal books here.

The problem you may run into is there are many payout options for people with Canadian bank accounts but none for foreign accounts, the only exception is paypal but not all books accept paypal.

If you can get a Canadian bank account you should have no issues betting while in Ontario. The most popular payout method here is interac etransfer, comparable to zelle in the US but much faster.

If you cant get a Canadian bank account then you you'll be limited to some of the books but not all, ie PINNACLE doesn't offer paypal.

Betrivers, thescorebet, caesars, draftking, fanduel and pointsbet all offer paypal, there may be more but I'm only aware of these ones.

My recommendation would be to get a bank account at Scotiabank as they have a v.isa debit that can be paid out to. Thescorebet pays to vsa debit instantly.

Thanks Icon. Yeah, had an X-GF over there in Windsor (7 years about). I tried to open up a bank account to cash a check one time from a Canadian bank when I was there. I had all I needed. Full docs, everything. They gave me hell opening up an account. I think I waited 2 hours. Very strange it was.

I suppose I can go over there and try again. Bank of Montreal (OOPS nevermind BMO) still going too? I know TDCanada as well. I might avoid Scotia once I am there.