First of all, English is the language all other modernized countries teach their students at a very young age. English is the universal language, like the metric system is for math but the U.S. is too stubborn to adopt it.

The rest of the world unserstands the concept of knowing more language than one to compete globally. The younger generation of children in america I hope are learning Spanish at least at a younger age than my generation. It is much easier to learn a language around the age of 6-10. I never took Spanish until I was fifteen.

Spanish, I don't think, will be the primary language in the U.S. in any of our lifetimes, but it should be a language we all learn, as I mentioned most modern countries teach other languages, especially those languages of people they have conquered.

The US will conquer a people then get pissed that they don't speak english & drink Budweiser & drive a Chevy!
2/3 of the US was taken from a country whose primary language was Spanish. I think over the last 150 years they've done pretty well at adapting as I have traveled all over this country & never needed a translator.

I never really learned Spanish in high school, didn't feel a need for it & it was too hard to learn at that time so I didn't care, now I wish I had. We live in a country that was part of a Spanish speaking country at one time, we border a spanish speaking country, and the most widespread language spoken on the continents of North & South America is Spanish.

Quit bitchin' & learn to hablo espanol or stay in the house!