Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=16887034'>posted</a> on 11/24/2012:

I don't think the issue here is the OP receiving more money than he should have received for this wager. There are a few things that pop out to me:

1. People in live chat do not have the minimal credentials to be in the positions they are in. These people are clueless. I've run into numerous encounters of customer service having no idea what they were talking about.
2. Tony is the biggest fukking douche in the online sports gambling industry. He's the CEO of one of the "top" books on the web and he acts like a 14-year-old kid. He never ceases to threaten his customers and takes accidents or miscommunications to a whole different level than what they should.
3. How many of these complaints about Tony and 5dimes is SBR going to absorb before finally reducing their grade? Sure, some bettors have good experiences there, but in the past few months there have been countless threads started about how a new person was mistreated by 5dimes and their F-rated customer service and Tony. This is annoying and ridiculous.