isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why Pittsburgh?

Disclaimer: I picked Pittsburgh on the ML to beat Indy.

Pittsburgh dismantled Indy and the game was not nearly as close as the score would indicate (thanks ref and bettis).

Denver beat New England but hardly looked impressive in doing so. The game pivoted on one play that could have been called differently on the field (thanks ref and bailey).

Pittsburgh has strengths where New England had weaknesses. In fact, the Steelers are better overall than both New England and Denver. The key to this game will be the Steelers defense. It will easily expose Plummer and force him to turn the ball over. Running the ball will be difficult for both teams because both coaches love to run and opposing defenses will key run. Both defenses are quite good against the run. Pittsburgh has a better possession passing attack than Denver and they will have to lean on that. When Denver realizes they can't run, Plummer will have to pass and that will yield interceptions and sacks. Polamalu should have another monster game, and their defense will make enough plays to give Pittsburgh the win. They won't win big because Bill Cowher would never allow them to win big, but as with Indy, they will control and frustrate Denver.

Primary Play: ML Pittsburgh
    Secondary Play: No Play
    Tertiary Play: Under 40.5 (possible windy conditions)

isetcap

That's why Pittsburgh.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Good job, isetcap. And good job by your girl, too.

isetcap

Thanks Taco. It was a happy day at our house today. I wish the Carolina ML hadn't run up to +180. After the Pittsburgh win I felt obliged to take the automatic money since I already had a -170 position on Seattle. Without the runup I would have had another big win, but I'll take the cash. Last two weekends are 5-1 for me. Superbowl looks like a very tough pick at the moment. Leaning Pittsburgh.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice going bud. I also made a killing with the Steelers.