1. #1
    imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-16-05
    Posts: 17,192
    Betpoints: 10

    Game Plan For Carolina@Seattle -4.5

    Ok guys let's put our minds and stats together and come
    up with the winner of this game: Let the goal be all or
    most of us come up with the same team!!!

    mandatory for these gentlemen to post:Razz,illusion,
    happy boy,slacker00,OWNED,chrisV,onlooker,
    alamorich,bbd and pags11.
    Last edited by imgv94; 01-16-06 at 01:24 AM. Reason: erased a name

  2. #2
    bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 55,425

    i like the panthers in this game, and might be inclined to play them on the ML.

  3. #3
    imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-16-05
    Posts: 17,192
    Betpoints: 10

    I agree!! Panthers ML Looks Good right now. Anyone know where
    this spread is going??

  4. #4
    spanky
    spanky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-28-05
    Posts: 134
    Betpoints: 48

    i would say line might go as low as 3.loads of caro money won sunday.people like to bet on last visual they saw.

  5. #5
    imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-16-05
    Posts: 17,192
    Betpoints: 10

    Quote Originally Posted by spanky
    i would say line might go as low as 3.loads of caro money won sunday.people like to bet on last visual they saw.
    Spanky you are part of the crew!!! Hey you are
    sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo right boyee!!! people do last visual they saw
    betting---!!!

    LOL.

  6. #6
    ChrisV
    ChrisV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-07-06
    Posts: 183

    At +4.5 I'd have to go against my northwest team and pick Carolina. Panthers are no Redskins, that is for sure. Seattle gonna need 3 people covering Steve Smith!

    I expect the line to fall to 2.5 or 2.

    Only negative for Carolina could be DeShaun Foster and what his status is. Goings is pretty decent, but he would be their last option left at RB and take the full load.

  7. #7
    ChrisV
    ChrisV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-07-06
    Posts: 183

    Oops, just saw Foster did have broken ankle and is history. Probably will settle around 3.

  8. #8
    mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-31-05
    Posts: 1,278

    With Foster out Seattle rolls imo. Carolina running out of options, Delhomme to Smith can only and will only last for so long before someone (read: Seattle D) eventually wakes up and shuts them down. I'm assuming Alexander will be OK for next week, Yes/No? Expect lots of pass rushing and double coverage.
    Last edited by mad; 01-16-06 at 09:23 AM.

  9. #9
    spanky
    spanky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-28-05
    Posts: 134
    Betpoints: 48

    carolina won't have free lunch against young qbs like last 2 games.

  10. #10
    tyetye64
    tyetye64's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-06
    Posts: 19

    Seahawks 28 Carolina 20

    Quote Originally Posted by mad
    With Foster out Seattle rolls imo. Carolina running out of options, Delhomme to Smith can only and will only last for so long before someone (read: Seattle D) eventually wakes up and shuts them down. I'm assuming Alexander will be OK for next week, Yes/No? Expect lots of pass rushing and double coverage.
    Seattle is ready for this game....very healthy and rested.Seattle has to contain Steve Smith.....let him get his 10 catches and 150 yards....just not in the end zone and Seattles defense is the best in least points allowed and in the redzone.

    Carolina will have no running game which will leave Seattle dropping back there safeties.Seattle will put alot of pressure on the QB.

    Seattle is 9-0 at home,crowd noise will be unbelieveable.

    Carolina will have there 4th road game in a row with a MUST win situation.....sooner or later you break down and have a bad game and very tired.There banged up and Seattle is fresh here.

    Could be a close game...But Seattle could run away with this.

  11. #11
    onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 36,572
    Betpoints: 5611

    Its already moved down a point. Opened at 5.5 now sitting at 4.5

    Will be interesting to see how it moves durning the week with the news of Foster being gone.

  12. #12
    moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-25-05
    Posts: 8,289
    Betpoints: 1260

    Game opened at 6.
    Do I think the Panthers are playing the better ball of the two teams now? Yes.
    Do I think Seattle is a weak #1 seed? Yes.
    Do I think the Panthers will beat Seattle? No.

    It's tough to win 3 straight games on the road. Seattle is tough at home. But most importantly, Carolina lost some real key personnel in the game yesterday. Not to mention the public will be all over the Panthers after their last two performances and the rather lackluster effort from Seattle against WASH. The public will forget how tough the Hawks are at home, how they will be much looser now that they've won their first playoff game in 20+ years. If healthy, I think Carolina is a better team than Seattle, but I still would not play them, because the best team does not always win, only the team that plays better that day (i.e. NE/DEN, everybody I respect has told me the refs gave it to Denver and that it was more of NE losing the game than DEN winning it). And on top of all this, I have no info the most important factor, the refs. When you watch Sportscenter and see the highlights of some of these reviews, you really got to wonder who's pulling the strings?

  13. #13
    begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-09-05
    Posts: 315

    Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    (i.e. NE/DEN, everybody I respect has told me the refs gave it to Denver and that it was more of NE losing the game than DEN winning it). And on top of all this, I have no info the most important factor, the refs. When you watch Sportscenter and see the highlights of some of these reviews, you really got to wonder who's pulling the strings?
    No doubt about the refs. It has really got bad lately. I know the NFL network runs a segment with the Head of Referees and goes over questionable calls. Does anyone know when they air this I would really like to see it this week.

  14. #14
    maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-26-05
    Posts: 474

    Okay Foster is out, we know that for sure. Obviously, the linemakers know this too.

    BUT! In my mind, THE BIG QUESTION MARK here is the status of Alexander. He suffered a concussion bad enough for doctors/coaches to keep him out of the rest of a playoff game. That tells me that this was a significant concussion. The general rule for concussionS (even a mild one) is not to return in just 1 week to full contact sports. I predict that if he plays, it will take one solid hit to knock him out of the game again. That being said, I like Carolina.

  15. #15
    onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 36,572
    Betpoints: 5611

    Quote Originally Posted by begolf25
    I know the NFL network runs a segment with the Head of Referees and goes over questionable calls. Does anyone know when they air this I would really like to see it this week.
    Im not sure about the NFL network, but I know a show on NBA TV does it with NBA games. I think its NBA Insiders, but I could be wrong. I didnt know that the NFL network did this as well. I would love to see a group try to explain the calls this weekend. If anyone knows the show , let me know. I would like to tune in and see this.

  16. #16
    spanky
    spanky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-28-05
    Posts: 134
    Betpoints: 48

    this will be caolina's 4th strait away game counting season finale,also long trip crosscountry could catch up with them.if line goes down to 3 i like seahawks.

  17. #17
    tyetye64
    tyetye64's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-06
    Posts: 19

    Quote Originally Posted by maritime
    Okay Foster is out, we know that for sure. Obviously, the linemakers know this too.

    BUT! In my mind, THE BIG QUESTION MARK here is the status of Alexander. He suffered a concussion bad enough for doctors/coaches to keep him out of the rest of a playoff game. That tells me that this was a significant concussion. The general rule for concussionS (even a mild one) is not to return in just 1 week to full contact sports. I predict that if he plays, it will take one solid hit to knock him out of the game again. That being said, I like Carolina.
    Shawen Alexander was fine after intial contact....Seattle went ahead andf just banked that they would pull this off without having to play him anymore.

    If Shawn is not ready to go then you have Morris who gained 49 yards in last game...he has speed and good runner....you have to remember though....Seattle has the BEST offensive line abnd any decent running back can get the job done.

  18. #18
    imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-16-05
    Posts: 17,192
    Betpoints: 10

    Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    Game opened at 6.
    Do I think the Panthers are playing the better ball of the two teams now? Yes.
    Do I think Seattle is a weak #1 seed? Yes.
    Do I think the Panthers will beat Seattle? No.

    It's tough to win 3 straight games on the road. Seattle is tough at home. But most importantly, Carolina lost some real key personnel in the game yesterday. Not to mention the public will be all over the Panthers after their last two performances and the rather lackluster effort from Seattle against WASH. The public will forget how tough the Hawks are at home, how they will be much looser now that they've won their first playoff game in 20+ years. If healthy, I think Carolina is a better team than Seattle, but I still would not play them, because the best team does not always win, only the team that plays better that day (i.e. NE/DEN, everybody I respect has told me the refs gave it to Denver and that it was more of NE losing the game than DEN winning it). And on top of all this, I have no info the most important factor, the refs. When you watch Sportscenter and see the highlights of some of these reviews, you really got to wonder who's pulling the strings?

    Owned you are definitely one sharp guy!!! You know
    your stuff man!! Hopefully I can always pick your
    brain. You say alot of things that make sense and
    you are a great person to have on the forum!! Monster
    capper also..

Top