imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lets Share?? Redskins@Seahawks-9

Let's Share Our Preliminary Thoughts On This Game!!!
    That is one of the many amazing benefits with this
    forum..Let's get some thoughts on this game ok!!!

May the posting begin..

Mandatory for slacker00,misteve,isetcap,razz,Illusion,
    begolf25 and Mad to share there thoughts..

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Washington has really been on a roll. How can you not like them +9. I might even play a half unit on the moneyline.

imgv94

I am playing 1 1/2 unit on ML. Looks too good to be true to me.. they beat
    Seattle already this year. Seattle's not a blockbuster team.. Wash looks
    almost as good as Pitt yesterday. But something makes me skeptical..

Cause spread looks like a present from heaven.. Might be a trap..

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Yeah, 9 points is a buttload.

But, I'm not sold on Washington. They beat up on a Tampa team I've been bashing all season, and not entirely convincingly. I am one of the few on here who thinks Seattle has seperated themselves from the rest of the NFC this year. Seattle has been wishy-washy 2nd tier NFC for the past half a decade. This year is different. They've got an actual defense that can stop people. They've got a offense than can deliver a haymaker or two or three at any time. I think that's why the line is so high. Seattle might tank it and be in a dogfight, or they might toss down a 3 TD blowout.

I'm playing Seattle, but I'm uneasy about laying 9 points.

imgv94

I completely disagree that they separated themselves from the NFC.
    they barely beat the Giants,Lost to Wash. They are not a blockbuster
    team trust me. But I do have my doubts on Washington cause I don't like
    Brunell. But they won 6 games in a row. And your getting 9-10pts??

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

heres a trend for you guys...

the seahawks haven't won a playoff game since 1984.

Illusion

All the more reason to take the Redskins.

RamblinRoyce
    RamblinRoyce's Avatar Become A Pro!

I never play Sides greater than a TD - too much of a coin toss. That said, Seattle will win it by 3 or 21 - pretty much everything you already know. I will put Seattle in a parlay to Win, but that's all i'll bet on this game.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    I completely disagree that they separated themselves from the NFC.
    they barely beat the Giants,Lost to Wash. They are not a blockbuster
    team trust me. But I do have my doubts on Washington cause I don't like
    Brunell. But they won 6 games in a row. And your getting 9-10pts??
    As for the 6 game streak, I don't put much stock into streaks. If anything, it's taken it's toll on the Redskins NEEDING to win the last 6 games just to get to this game. I think the Skins are getting worn down with nagging injuries and general fatigue both physical and psychological. With the explosiveness of Seattle, and the rest week(s), I imagine a 50% chance that this game gets out of hand before the 4th quarter. Even if the Skins get into the 4th quarter in tact, that's where they might lose their legs and lose the cover anyway. It'll take something special for the Skins to win this thing. If they lose, they may go down swinging giving up a turnover for a touchdown by taking higher risks.

I'm not playing this one big at all, probably just one or two units if at all, but if you force me to take a side, I gotta take Seattle -9.

ChrisV
    ChrisV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Call it my northwest bias, but there is no way Seattle will lose this game to this team on their home field. Portis looked gimpy last week and didn't play good, and well Brunell looked even worse. With Redskins D, they could cover the spread I suppose. Or a backdoor cover at the end. But guys, I really think there is a decent Seattle could blow them out....like the Pats did to Jags. If I had to pick, I'd go Seattle -9.

Illusion

That's why I'm only playing the Redskins moneyline for a small amount. You have to be nuts to lay 9 points in a playoff game. I wish you guys luck however.

RamblinRoyce

I agree - The Redskins have been scraping by their chinny-chin-chin and have had to win the last 6 games. They've exerted a lot of effort to get here and are gonna meet their end. The Hawks have been dominating teams. Plus, they got NFL MVP Alexander rushing the ball for them... and three others voted in for the Pro Bowl. Seattle is a stronger team, at home, and well rested. Of course, well rested could also mean some rusty gears, but they'll have that sorted out by the 2nd half, if there are any problems. Seattle will win this one, but can't say by how much. If they're not rusty, by 21 points... if they're sluggish, by 7 - 10 points... if they're unlucky and give up turnovers, by 3 points.

Ok, that info really doesn't help anyone, huh?
    Last edited by RamblinRoyce; 01-10-06 at 03:04 AM.

ChrisV

Well it sorta helps to know Seattle will win for sure...could just do a parlay/tease combo pick with Indy for +7 points which would put it -2 Seattle and -2.5 Colts. That looks pretty damn solid to me. Could even throw in Panthers +10 if you wanted to

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisV
    Well it sorta helps to know Seattle will win for sure...could just do a parlay/tease combo pick with Indy for +7 points which would put it -2 Seattle and -2.5 Colts. That looks pretty damn solid to me. Could even throw in Panthers +10 if you wanted to
    That sounds pretty freakin' ironclad solid. Mark it, Dude.

imgv94

you guys have kinda convinced me that seattle will win. But honesty guys
    Redskins have beaten Seattle already this season.. That still stands out in
    my mind. And Redskins are solid. Seattle has had one of the easiest schedules
    I have even seen, A QB who is capable of making alot of mistakes also. But Seattle
    has the best offensive line in NFL by Far,and best defensive line too. Damn maybe
    I will just stay away, Or take Seattle and Wash in a teaser and hope score is
    between 2.5-17.5.. cuz I would be very surprised to see Wash defense give
    up more than 27 pts and wash not score more than 10..

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well fellas I have not looked to deep into any of these games yet so this is just some of my first thought opinions on this game.

I know the skins did not blow out Tampa Bay last week and the offense looked bad. But there was a reason for that. The Redskins jumped out to a 14 point lead with 4 minutes left in the 1st quarter and you know what that means to Joe Gibbs. Run the ball, be conservative and let the defense do its job. Gibbs could have cared less if the offense had 50 total yards at that point. Against most teams the skins could have run the ball more effectively and picked up some first downs and run the clock. Unfortunately, they were playing the #1 defense in the league and if the Bucs know you’re running the ball you’re not going to gain very many yards. Even with this being the case Gibbs still did not take chances and put it on his defense for 3 quarters and they got the job done in the end. That’s why you saw Portis on the sidelines much of the game, Gibbs had confidence in his D and wanted to give him a rest for this week.

Once again you are hearing the skins are beat up and the 6 game winning streak is taking its toll. I don't think you'll ever hear a player say "I sure wish we didn't win those 6 games in a row because now I can't go on" The secondary gets Shawn Springs back this week and is at full strength. The only key injury this week is Renaldo Wynn.

Don't forget the Redskins held league MVP Shaun Alexander to 98 yards rushing the first meeting, 51 of those yards came on two carries. The Redskins had 352 yards of total offense and had 36 minutes in time of pos. to Seattle’s 23 minutes. The Redskins ran into trouble in the red zone only converting on 2-4 tries.

I think you also need to look at both teams schedules. The strength of the Redskins schedule has already been discussed many times on here so I won't go into that but lets take a look at Seattle. Look who their wins have come against. Atlanta, Arizona, St. Louis, Houston, Dallas, San Fran, Giants, Philly, Tennessee and the Colts. We all know about the Colts win and Seattle can thank Mr. Feely for the Giants win. I can't find a quality win on their schedule.

The Redskins outplayed Seattle in the first meeting and based on the Seahawks playoff history compared to Coach Gibbs I will be taking the skins and the points.
    Last edited by begolf25; 01-10-06 at 03:59 PM.

imgv94

begolf you know your my boy right!!! great analysis.. your my dogg!! on paper to me Redskins+9 looks
    great!!

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

I put very little stock in a game that was played the 3rd week of the NFL season. Also, the bye week is huge. A well rested defense and wide receivers who needed some rest. Washington had a bye week before the 1st game of the season, won by three in overtime, because of a Josh Brown missed kick field goal. Portis is not 100% and Brunell will be lucky to play 4 quarters in this game. Seattle has not lost a meaningful game since the loss to the Redskins. A hate to lay nine points, but am far from certain of a Skins cover.

spanky
    spanky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

wash and caro playing 3rd straight road games.

imgv94

Clonecat you like Seattle's strength in schedule.. If Clonecat likes Seattle
    I am betting Wash..

RamblinRoyce

HOOK 'EM HAWKS! (but ain't no way in hell i'm betting this game)

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by clonecat
    I put very little stock in a game that was played the 3rd week of the NFL season. Also, the bye week is huge. A well rested defense and wide receivers who needed some rest. Washington had a bye week before the 1st game of the season, won by three in overtime, because of a Josh Brown missed kick field goal. Portis is not 100% and Brunell will be lucky to play 4 quarters in this game. Seattle has not lost a meaningful game since the loss to the Redskins. A hate to lay nine points, but am far from certain of a Skins cover.
    I also think its tough to lay 9 points with a team that has a terrible playoff history and has not had any success all year against quality competition. Of course that just may be the Redskin fan coming out in me

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

There's got to be a game to ruin the Indy/Seattle teasers, and I don't think it's going to be Indy.

slacker00

Good points, guys. Now that I've slept on it, I'm not excited at all taking Seattle laying 9. I think I'll just stay away from this one completely.

imgv94

I agree Indy winning by 3 I can't possibly see losing, wouldn't be
    shocked at all to see Seattle LOSE!! With there mistake prone QB,Mostly Run the ball team going Against A good Redskin Defense(the most expensive Defense).. Wash looks better and better everytime. Seattle will probably
    win the game,but cover 9pts?? Maybe if they win the T.O. Battle if not
    Wash easy cover!! Easy!!!! Love ya!!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I would have to pick a playoff game of the month this would be it.
    WAS will self-destruct in this game. Period. A rare turnover fest.
    Game should be decided by half time. - - GL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    63.6% ATS (70-40) in statfox NFL contest in first 16 weeks;
    76+ percent ATS (33-10) since week 13 (3-1 in playoffs).
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 01-11-06 at 04:07 PM.

imgv94

Seattle can get pressure on the QB and Brunell I think sucks.. I think
    Seattles gonna win this game now. Might not cover but should win..

RamblinRoyce

looks like the media has seeped it's way into your head again...what about strength of schedule and such...?

Seattle is a damn good team...if their schedule hadn't pitted them against not so strong teams (but don't forget, this is still the NFL and the Pros, so all teams are good), Seattle probably woulda beat up on them too... strength of schedule is an argument, but so is their winning record and having the NFL MVP Player of the Year... will he get shut out like the Heismann Winner was SHUT OUT...

Still think Seattle will win this...not gonna even try to guess by how much. But let's start tha oh so fun but moronic Final Score Game Guessing Seattle 31 - Washington 2

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

This isn't very technical, but we all know what it's about. You can only catch the breaks for so long. Then a switch flips and you can't catch any. Saturday the switch flips on Washington.

I've been riding the Skinz at the right times (even to the tune of seeing a 14-13 predicted win over Dallas materialize out of thin air for a big payout- lol), but now our ways are about to part. All good things come to an end. Monday morning QB's will claim that Washington had been living on borrowed time, and all that good stuff, but it was just the end of a winning streak. Washington isn't really as good as their playoff spot now suggests, and they're not really as bad as they'll look on Saturday.

Oh, and the Seattle line for the week after will be inflated... - - GL

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am located in the Washington DC area and I generally back the Redskins on a personal level, but from a pick standpoint, there is no way in hell I will put money on them against Seattle. Brunell is in terrible condition. Portis is not close to healthy. Their defense is nicked and matches up poorly against a quickdrop pass offense. If you want to take a big underdog this weekend, then the Steelers are a much better pick. That's where my money will be.

RamblinRoyce

I'd say the pats are the best underdog of the weekend,not the steelers cuz they gotta defeat Peyton... But hey, we've all been saying how we feel and who knows what's gonna happen...but if the person who GUESSED Correctly...let me Re-emphasize...GUESSED Correctly starts gloating, well...I'm gonna have to wager my bank on his next pick.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinRoyce
    I'd say the pats are the best underdog of the weekend,not the steelers cuz they gotta defeat Peyton... But hey, we've all been saying how we feel and who knows what's gonna happen...but if the person who GUESSED Correctly...let me Re-emphasize...GUESSED Correctly starts gloating, well...I'm gonna have to wager my bank on his next pick.
    The Pats are not a big underdog, and in fact their moneyline is the best value bet of the NFL weekend.

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap
    The Pats are not a big underdog, and in fact their moneyline is the best value bet of the NFL weekend.
    I agree big dogg!!!!

ChrisV

Alright alright...you guys have convinced me from Seattle +9 to at least being a no play. I still think it would take a complete meltown for them to lose the game though.

Hasselback was by far the best QB in the NFC(you could argue he should have been the only QB to make the pro-bowl from NFC LOL). And he hasn't been turnover prone this season, has really improved in that regard and only had 9 picks over 16 games and no lost fumbles...so that equates to a turnover every other game on average. 24 TDs to 9 Ints is a pretty good ratio with Alexander eating up a ton of TD's too. Only other full time QB this season with less interceptions was Plummer with 7. Oh yeah, did I mention Alexander, he was only the MVP this season.

Will just play devil's advocate a bit against the Redskins...the Redskins have squeeked by the last 2 games over the Bucs and Eagles. Both their QB and RB are gimpy in my opinion. Yes, I know the Bucs are a great defense but their longest play of the game on offense was for 15 yards. But they did put up 35 points on the Bucs in the middle of the season. They lost 35-0 to Giants in a game...barely beat Arizona down the stretch 17-13. Lost to Oakland 16-13. Totally blew the San Diego game, leading 17-7 and giving up 10 4th quarter points to lose in OT to them. LT ran wild in that game with 2 long and late td runs. Even with Brees 3 int's SD still won....etc, etc.

Anyways, you can make a case based on any individual games why or why not a team is better than another. Yes for sure, Seattle did have a cupcake division(49ers, Cards, and Rams all twice). But it isn't only just how weak the schedule was, it was also how you performed in those games. Jax had an extremely weak schedule and they barely won over a lot of those weak teams(needed big 4th quarters to beat a couple).

I am still gonna do the teaser pick +7 with Colts(-2.5) and Seahawks(-2). If Seahawks end up losing so be it...it happens on occasion. But I do hope the Redskins backers will push down the line a little more just to be extra safe or at least another .5 point Do you guys think the line is going to move down on this game any?

imgv94

I was thinking public will bet this spread to 8.5.. Hey I am starting to like Seattle
    now. Washington has had 7 hard rough games in a row. Seattle has basically

been relaxing for a good 4 weeks. No hard games no big bruises. They are
    healthy&rested. I know Wash beat Seattle earlier but that was 4 mos ago.

and under these circumstances Seattle has way more of an edge than Redskins.
    I am changing my mind and thinking Seattle will win and maybe more than
    10.. Look Wash might not even be that solid? Seattle might win by 20???

Hey ChrisV good capper!!! I am going to hammer that teaser witcha Bro!!! O.K!! doggy dogg!!!

You know Seattle knows they will never have a better chance at winning
    there 1st playoff game and will be more focused then ever. Seattle is
    for sure going to win this game...
    Last edited by imgv94; 01-12-06 at 03:42 AM.

123 Last