begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Next Week NFL Early Thoughts

Haven't seen any games that jump out at me yet but here are a couple of early oven/unders I like.

Miami/Tennessee over 43

Jacksonville/Houston under 37.5

Any thoughts from anyone on these games or any others next week?

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

It seems like I'm on Jags Under every week, and probably will be again this week. I like your Redskins a lot, but I wish they wouldn't have been so dominant against the Cowboys so I could lay less than 3.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Chiefs pickem is a gift from God.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    Chiefs pickem is a gift from God.
    Tell me about it. I'm pounding Chiefs this weekend.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Chiefs haven't lost at Arrowhead in December in the last 10 years, AFC teams are 1-14 ATS after a SU road dog win, plus the #s favor a home fave after B2B road losses (these numbers from a friend on email and I don't want to search for the last trend's exact numbers through my inbox).

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Bengals -13.5

Taking the Bills looks promising on the surface without capping it. If it was to hit 14 , I think the Bills could be the play, if I still bet NFL.

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

14's all over the board now Looker. 15.5 at 5dimes with plenty of juice.

mad

Actually at 15.5 i might play that. 5dimes always have some good opinionated lines. Chiefs game still at pk.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by mad
    14's all over the board now Looker. 15.5 at 5dimes with plenty of juice.
    Ah, I didnt even check offshore yet. Was just looking at Vegas Lines. Thanks for the heads up. Thing is, not sure if I will bet it or not, cant bring myself to bet NFL anymore this year. Maybe some playoff games, but I pretty much wrapped up the NFL a month or so ago.

Razz

The Bills are near the top of my list also. My four early leans were, in order:

Redskins
    Chiefs
    Bills
    Cowboys

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Board is hard to visualize early this week...

One mark that stands out to me is San Diego+1 but I will have to run my numbers.
    The one I already know about is Carolina-5.

Those will be the only two options for me this week.

spanky
    spanky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

atlanta looks good with 3.t.b. got blanked in much better conditions than atlanta,also t.b. won 1st game.idon't think atlanta ,carolina,tampa good enough to beat each other twice this year.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by spanky
    atlanta looks good with 3.t.b. got blanked in much better conditions than atlanta,also t.b. won 1st game.idon't think atlanta ,carolina,tampa good enough to beat each other twice this year.
    I definitely have to agree with this. Atlanta dominated the first meeting, outgaining the Bucs 443-258, and yet fell short on the scoreboard. The only problem is that TB plays the Falcons so well (8-2 ATS) and Atlanta never wins in Tampa.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Atlanta never wins at Tampa Bay!! If Matt Schaub Played instead
    of overrated # 7 I would like Atlanta. Until then TB@ Home Looks Good..
    Tough Week. Bookmakers did a good job this week.

Funnyguy25
    Funnyguy25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Y is every1 pounding the Redskins?
    I see the Giants being +3 as a gift and quite possibly a bet of the week.
    Whats the backup for the Redksins -3 being a "good" bet?

Razz

FG25, this is what I am about to post in my NFL plays thread.

Meaningful revenge in the NFL is very rare, in my opinion. But, this is one game where revenge could play a factor, in large part because I get the better team, and most importantly, better defense, in a game they should be plenty amped for. The “Wellington Mara Game” saw the Giants give an inspired effort, while the Redskins appeared lost on their way to a 36-0 loss. Now, the Redskins have that in their minds, as well as the realization they almost certainly have to win their final two games to make the playoffs.
    Clinton Portis has finally started to resemble the back he was when he was in Denver, and the Redskins have been running the ball with ease the last few weeks, averaging nearly 200 yards per game the last three. It will only be easier this week against a Giants defense who didn’t come close to stopping Larry Johnson, and is missing one of their defensive leaders, Antonio Pierce.
    Washington has been clicking defensively the last few weeks, with three consecutive victories, and their defense has regained their early season form. They will perform much better against Tiki Barber than they did in the first meeting. The Redskins have not allowed more than 140 rushing yards in any of their home games with the exception of the overtime loss to the Chargers, when LT exploded in the second half.
    If Barber doesn’t gain 100 yards, the Giants have no chance, because Eli Manning has been quietly terrible lately. Manning has thrown 11 interceptions in his last six games, many of which have been coming at the most inopportune times, in or near the red zone. He is especially bad on the road, as is the whole team. The Giants have only two road wins this season - unless you count the game in the Meadowlands against the Saints - against the worst team in the league, San Francisco, and an overtime win over the Eagles, who were fresh off a 42-0 home loss, and have been playing terribly since McNabb and the other offensive playmakers have been sidelined.
    This is a series absolutely dominated by the home team, and it continues this week.
    Redskins 27, Giants 10

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

to add on to razz's comprehensive breakdown...redskins v giants is likely going to come down to turnovers. I don't see any way the Redskins even win the game if turnovers are equal. That having been said, it is very likely Eli will throw a couple picks and Tiki could very well lose a lot of MVP votes by coughing up a crucial fumble which he has been known to do in the past.

Too many strong angles in this game to play one. It's a juicebox.

mad

Was i dreaming or did i see the Bears line at 3's yesterday at more than one shop?