bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

congrats to ABC

congrats to ABC for yet another shitty monday night football game. this is getting a little crazy now. when are they gonna realize, if they want better ratings. they need to air better games. and, what makes matters even worse, is the fact that next year when ESPN takes over monday night football. the cable and satellite services will raise everyones rates. because, there gonna air some shitty MNF game every week.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

ABC has tried unsuccessfully for years to have the option of deciding who plays on Monday night later in the year. That would eliminate these types of games.

It's Fox and CBS that won't let it happen. Don't blame ABC.

I don't think the ratings tie-in with good games escaped their grasp.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sunday night football always seems to have good games, so you better believe I blame ABC.

Winston Smith

Houston's been on Sunday Night Football twice this year.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith
    ABC has tried unsuccessfully for years to have the option of deciding who plays on Monday night later in the year. That would eliminate these types of games.

It's Fox and CBS that won't let it happen. Don't blame ABC.

I don't think the ratings tie-in with good games escaped their grasp.

i could have swore that this new deal allows NBC to change upto like 4 games in the season. for there sunday night football coverage.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

The NFL really should award the top game to MNF during the last 4 weeks or so. It would be a strategic advantage for the teams playing, since they'd know what was at stake since the rest of the games were already done for the weekend. There would be added incentive to have a better record.

The "top game" mentioned above, would simply be the game which sports the "lesser" team having a better record than any other game. I know this would be a logistical nightmare since the "top game" would potentially steal a Saturday game, or a feature Sunday game. Plus, the scheduling for the teams involved would be a pain. But, I think it would be worth it, in the end, promoting the NFL to an even higher level, during prime time.

Winston Smith

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    i could have swore that this new deal allows NBC to change upto like 4 games in the season. for there sunday night football coverage.

"
    NBC will start its Sunday broadcasts with a pregame show at 7 p.m. eastern; games will begin at 8:15. In the last seven weeks, the league will be able to shift afternoon games to prime time to ensure more meaningful games are shown on national TV.
    "

You're right, Dan. But that wasn't something ABC was able to work out in this current deal.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith
    "
    NBC will start its Sunday broadcasts with a pregame show at 7 p.m. eastern; games will begin at 8:15. In the last seven weeks, the league will be able to shift afternoon games to prime time to ensure more meaningful games are shown on national TV.
    "

You're right, Dan. But that wasn't something ABC was able to work out in this current deal.
    Will ESPN be allowed to move games to Monday or does NBC only have that right?