BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

72 Dolphins are acting like tards.

Everytime I hear one of the team members of the 72 unbeaten Dolphins give their take on this years unbeaten Colts I hear sour grapes.You can tell that they are clinging to this claim to fame in their life because most of the other parts of their lives must have sucked.You can hear the fear in their voice of the Colts going all the way undefeated like they would be worried that their wife might be cheating on them.It's become a personal thing with these guys like they are insecure that the most important thing in their life is going to abandon them to run away to another guy.

Same thing goes for some of the old Raiders who were on Brian Gum Balls show the other night where they said the most important thing in their life was winning the super bowl even surpassing the births of their kids.That's sick!Maybe to hold those thoughts to yourself is ok but to come out and say it proudly is another matter.

I got news for these players.In 30 years no one knows or cares about you.Look at how many Steeler dynasty players died living under bridges and such where other bums would be fighting with them over a can of pork and beans.The other bums didn't care if they were in the super bowl,they cared who would end up with the 39 cent can of beans.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

What's new, they do this every time a team get close to perfection

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you might be getting carried away with this: they are clinging to this claim to fame in their life because most of the other parts of their lives must have sucked.

I just see a bunch of competetive guys still being competetive. It's something special that happened in their lives. I also see it as paying a tribute to teammates, basically saying, "You guys will always be the best in my book."

It's also an excuse for some partyin'.

I think if the Colts do it, you'll find that most of those Dolphins will acknowledge their worthiness and congratulate them in the end (and keep drinkin'.)

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Take it from a guy who lives in Miami and knows some of the 72 players, The hipe about the champagne on ice and all that is B.S. The 72 playes most of which are succesful after the NFL (some are lawyers own dealerships and one even became a judge) are not gonna cry if and when the colts go undefeated. Jim Rome is an asswipe who's facts are scewed by ONE incident when Nick Buonacatti and a couple of other players made a toast after the Bears lost in 85. Rome the bitch that he is has ran with that crap to make it look like the ex-72 players sit around and pray the colts loose. As far as Im concerned what the FIn's did in 72 was impressive and deserves it's merrits. but most of the players have moved on Rome and his Ilk should do the same!

why
    why's Avatar Become A Pro!

I doubt the Colts do it but if they do its an outstanding achievement but no better or worse than the Dolphins of 1972.

Brick Tamland
    Brick House!
    Brick Tamland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

That's sick!Maybe to hold those thoughts to yourself is ok but to come out and say it proudly is another matter.
    lol....I dont even have kids but shit...even a nephew born or getting married gota be above achevments at work.

on a separate note... i need these boys to bite it hard down the stretch. People are riding them like Gaidars mom in the 60s. Whos your daddy gaidars!

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by why
    I doubt the Colts do it but if they do its an outstanding achievement but no better or worse than the Dolphins of 1972.
    They'll do it so long as Dungy wants to. I know that Manning really wants it, but I don't think Dungy really cares about it. He's thinking Super Bowl and I don't think you'll see Manning, Edge, Harrison, or Wayne in the 2nd half this week no matter the score.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Dungy said no rest this week, the first playoff game is not for 27 days they gotta stay kinda sharp

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

and I agree with him here...I've seen teams take it easy for three weeks and then have a week off before their first playoff game...the chances of coming out flat increase the more you play the end of the season like the preseason...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i bet those 72 fish players are sweating bullets right about now. because, theres a real good chance the colts could go undefeated this year.

Senator7

They'll be breathing easier very shortly.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    i bet those 72 fish players are sweating bullets right about now. because, theres a real good chance the colts could go undefeated this year.
    I bet those 72 fish players are in the bar right about now.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Colts gave it one hell of a run. Too bad they ddin't finish perfect.

Senator7

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    The Colts gave it one hell of a run. Too bad they ddin't finish perfect.
    I was rooting for them to and I really thought they'd do it. It was simply a case of a team with not much to play for (Indy) against a team with their season on the line (Chargers).

The good news for Indy is that the last team to start the season 13-0 was the 1998 Denver Broncos who went on to win the Super Bowl that year.

pags11

Dolphins' players are popping the chamagne once again...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tacomax
    I bet those 72 fish players are in the bar right about now.

i bet they they were all damn near passed out and into by by 9pm tonight

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I was rootin' for the Colts, kinda, but in doing so I realize that I was being a tard.

What does 19-0 really mean? Nothing really. I suppose you could be "immortalized" as some bizarre media darling, popping champagne in December every year. It's all just the media. If "perfection" didn't mean so much in our culture, it wouldn't be a big deal. But, I guess there is beauty in simplicity, and what is more simple than perfection? We live in such a simple culture.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does anyone remember Vandy ripping into Pay Ton and Dungaree a couple years ago? All I can think of is how dead-on I thought he was at the time. When the TO issues surfaced, I wondered why Philly was not able to handle the situation similarly. Instead they chose to forfeit the season and their window.

Anyway, Mr. Manning seemed to revert to the player that Vanderjagt called out, and I have to think that if they want to win the Super, Tony needs to get him back on track.

I have no especial affinity for the 72s, but the Colts are not of that caliber. They are the professional version of Spurrier's Gators, and that's coming from an alumnus.

pags11

yeah, he does clam up under pressure sometimes...

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

It's a team game, guys. Peyton wins a Super Bowl on many teams this year. The Colts are nothing without him. His biggest albatross is his own salary cap number. But who can ask a guy of Peyton's calibre to pull a Tom Brady?

P.S. Comparing the '05 Colts to the '72 Dolphins is ridiculous. It was a completely different era. The main thing is scouting. Every play the Colts run is being put under a microscope. Do you think the Colts came out against the Chargers with their best plays? With NOTHING real at stake? You were seeing their "B" game. Yeah, you gotta bring your "A" game to beat a team like the chargers. Heck, the Colts almost beat them with their "B" game. No, today was basically an exhibition game for the Colts. It was the entire season for the Chargers.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well their "B" game got Peyton knocked around more than at any point in time this season. I would opt for playing an "A" game where they win easily and escape unscathed as they have all year long. Effectively they risked more by playing a "B" game with "A" personal if you truly feel they were basically exhibition today. I would suggest that the end of the season is not a good time to play exhibition with your starters in the entire game.

The next time the Colts play the Chargers, it will still be the season for the Chargers and now they know they can beat the Colts on their fast track in Indy. The Colts should have wanted this game as much as any other this season because psychologically this one has postseason significance. And that is Dungy's shortcoming. No rings for Indy this year.