bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Aaron Brooks gets benched for the rest of the season.

they should have been starting Bouman weeks ago IMHOO

Haslett benches starting quarterback for season

December 14, 2005
    SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Struggling New Orleans Saints quarterback Aaron Brooks has been benched for the rest of the season.

"It's not an indictment of Aaron whatsoever," coach Jim Haslett said after practice Wednesday. "It's an indictment on our record."

Haslett said he was replacing Brooks with Todd Bouman because of the Saints' 3-10 record.

"I think the team will rally around Todd," Haslett said. "This was the time to see if Todd could handle the situation."

Brooks, struggling through his worst year in seven seasons, said he didn't argue when told of Haslett's decision.

"I just took it like a man," Brooks said. "I accept it. Ain't nothing I can do about it anyway."

The Saints play the Carolina Panthers on Sunday in Baton Rouge, La.

The decision will end Brooks' franchise record for consecutive starts by a quarterback at 82.

Brooks has thrown 17 interceptions and 13 touchdown passes this season, marking the first time in his career he's had more interceptions than scoring passes. He also has a career-worst 70.0 quarterback rating.

He thinks he'll be traded or released by the Saints in the offseason.

"If I don't take another snap for the New Orleans Saints, I've done some tremendous things for this organization," he said.

Bouman is in his eighth season. A backup who did not play his first four seasons, Bouman played in six games -- three as a starter -- for the Minnesota Vikings during the 2001 and 2002 seasons. He signed with the Saints in 2003.

He has completed five of 13 passes this season with one interception that was returned for a touchdown.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's about time they what this seasoned vet can do.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

those latest comments out of his mouth made this decision easy to make. i can't believe that brooks would make such comments like that. the NFL gave every saints player roughly $40,000 to help with there relief.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Which is just as much money as players got for making the Super Bowl last year.

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Bouman was in so much trouble where he's from in Minnesota that the Vikes had to trade him to the Saints.The Vikes held a charity snowmobile caravan for years and called it the Arctic Blast and it turned into an orgy just like the boat cruise did.Bouman was up on charges that him and a couple other former Vikes had their way with a woman that passed out drinking and she woke up roughed up with a broken pelvis.Now it's Cullpepper's turn to have his sorry premadonna fat ass traded.