stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Given the choice between these two only...

... Who is your league's MVP?

No QB's, no defensive edge rushers, just these two players.
    Who's your vote for league MVP?

Tyreek Hill or Christian McCaffrey?

Personally, I'd vote CMC.
    But if you lean Hill I wouldn't debate you, Hill is on pace to shatter all sorts of receiving records.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Hill. Guys a game changer every time he’s on the field

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 412

Hill.

SF would still be a good team without CMC
    Miami would be an okay team without Hill

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2175

CMC… the TD Machine!

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15395

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ... Who is your league's MVP?

No QB's, no defensive edge rushers, just these two players.
    Who's your vote for league MVP?

Tyreek Hill or Christian McCaffrey?

Personally, I'd vote CMC.
    But if you lean Hill I wouldn't debate you, Hill is on pace to shatter all sorts of receiving records.
    That's tough since it depends if MVP is for the team or league. I'd go CMC because he's so much better than the rest of the RBs. Hill for his team since I think Tua is mediocre without Hill. If Hill didn't join Mia last year Tua may be in the CFL, backup NFL at most.
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave raiders72001 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8821

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Hill. Guys a game changer every time he’s on the field
    This

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

CMC.

KC won without Hill. That's enough

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24950

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    CMC.

KC won without Hill. That's enough
    KC also won without McCaffrey.

They won without Dak, Lamar, Purdy... Let's disqualify all of them.

Make it make sense, Lakerboy.

risKingDigits
    risKingDigits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1972

If you’re tapping a former miss universe, you get my vote.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9245

McCaffrey.

Because he has won me more money.
    Points Awarded:

raiders72001 gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Da Manster! gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29970

Quote Originally Posted by stackz125 View Post
    Hill.

SF would still be a good team without CMC
    Miami would be an okay team without Hill
    This is a pretty solid argument actually

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    This is a pretty solid argument actually

Sf odds to win the Superbowl without CMC would drop HUGE. The only thing going for them would be the NFC is a bit weak. IMO they would have almost no shot to win the Superbowl without him.

Mia was never winning the bowl with our without Hill. They are a regular season flash offense.

You put CMC on mia that gives them another dimension. You put Hill on sf and they can't run the ball and have one football still for all those receivers.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47551

Hill, he is the most feared non QB in the league.

You can make an argument for either guy but Hill will probably eclipse 2k yards this year, that will put him over the top in a razor close debate.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47551

Sf odds to win the Superbowl without CMC would drop HUGE. The only thing going for them would be the NFC is a bit weak. IMO they would have almost no shot to win the Superbowl without him.

Mia was never winning the bowl with our without Hill. They are a regular season flash offense.

You put CMC on mia that gives them another dimension. You put Hill on sf and they can't run the ball and have one football still for all those receivers.
    Disagree with this point, laker.

McCaffrey is obviously better than SF's other RB options but in that system, Shanahan has always had RBs that produced(even 2nd and 3rd stringers).

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1052

Hill is the more valuable player and it's not close.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3388

I vote HILL. Take him off MIA and they are not nearly as good. While CMC is a great player he is more easy to replace than Hill.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    KC also won without McCaffrey.

They won without Dak, Lamar, Purdy... Let's disqualify all of them.

Make it make sense, Lakerboy.
    Huh? Hill wasn't a guy that they could afford to keep with the cap situation. He was on KC none of the others were. They still won without him which is a big indictment on him. You lose a player of that caliber and still win tells you that maybe he isn't that important.

We can NEVER prove it but I'm of the opinion that 90% of GM's in the NFL would pick CMC over him.

Eddy Munny

Huh? Hill wasn't a guy that they could afford to keep with the cap situation. He was on KC none of the others were. They still won without him which is a big indictment on him. You lose a player of that caliber and still win tells you that maybe he isn't that important.

We can NEVER prove it but I'm of the opinion that 90% of GM's in the NFL would pick CMC over him.
    I realize none of those other players were Chiefs, but it's bizarre that you would penalize a guy because his former team managed to win ballgames in his absence. My point was that those same Chiefs were successful without a lot of other great players, doesn't make them less great.

Using your logic, Tyreek could have the greatest season a WR has ever had and still not be an MVP because his old team won a Super Bowl last year. That's not how this works. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess they still would've won with Reek on the roster and might've done so with a little less stress.

Tyreek is a human cheat code. We wouldn't even be talking about the Dolphins this late in the year if he wasn't on the team. As great as CMC is, the 49ers would still be very good. In fact, they actually suffered their midseason swoon when Deebo was out of the lineup.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 191

Too early nash

lets see what happens last quarter of the season here

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22906

CM+

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

The V in MVP stands for valuable = makes this simple

C-Mac - simply the most valuable player to their team.

Without him - 49ers are just above .500 in my opinion- good team - but the ability to control the ball, extend drives and score TDs over FGs makes them real contenders.

QB is over rated - lots of teams won with mediocre to good qbs who didn’t turn the ball over - but of those teams none did it without a dominant D or a great running game.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: hawkwind

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3388

Quote Originally Posted by djefferis View Post
    The V in MVP stands for valuable = makes this simple

C-Mac - simply the most valuable player to their team.

Without him - 49ers are just above .500 in my opinion- good team - but the ability to control the ball, extend drives and score TDs over FGs makes them real contenders.

QB is over rated - lots of teams won with mediocre to good qbs who didn’t turn the ball over - but of those teams none did it without a dominant D or a great running game.
    Have to disagree. CMC a great player But RB's do not make or Break a team in this era. SF still a dominant team with or without CMC

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19611

The MVP isn't most valuable to one's team, it means the best player in the league. Between those two, it's Hill by a mile.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    The MVP isn't most valuable to one's team, it means the best player in the league. Between those two, it's Hill by a mile.
    I think it's Hill using any either of those criteria. He's tearing up the league like it's pee-wee football, but he also single-handedly makes the Fins a formidable offense. It wasn't that long ago that people were seriously questioning whether or not Tua was even an NFL quarterback.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

White power! My utility.. That white boy can ball if he doesn't get injured.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I think it's Hill using any either of those criteria. He's tearing up the league like it's pee-wee football, but he also single-handedly makes the Fins a formidable offense. It wasn't that long ago that people were seriously questioning whether or not Tua was even an NFL quarterback.
    He won't get to play Washington in the playoffs.

How did he do vs

Buffalo
    KC
    Philly

I'm pretty sure he wasn't that great in those games.

lakerboy

Feasting on the likes of

Washington
    Carolina
    Gmen
    Chargers

Basically eating off teams that will not be in the playoffs.

Eddy Munny

Feasting on the likes of

Washington
    Carolina
    Gmen
    Chargers

Basically eating off teams that will not be in the playoffs.
    It's not basketball, dude. He's a wide receiver. His touches are contingent upon a host of other things. He's had one "bad" game the entire season. If he's not an elite player at the WR position then they simply don't exist.

Christian McCaffrey has had as many 50 yard rushing games this year as he's had 100 yard rushing games. You'd better call the cops. We may have a fraudulent MVP candidate here.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29970

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Well, this is a long-held debate, but I semi-agree with you. I just think it's become a combination of both, and you have to balance it in your rankings

The thing is that there's also "MOP" or Most outstanding player in other sports/leagues, and the reason we settled on "MVP" as the standard is probably that it just sounded better. It's open to personal interpretation how much emphasis you place on an athlete's "value" to the team and how much you place on an exceptional performance for a season.

If I had an MVP vote, I'd lean towards the side of recognizing a player with an exceptional season, even if they aren't strictly the most valuable player in the league. Otherwise Michael Jordan should have won NBA MVP every year that he played a full season (pre-wizards). But at a certain point that's a bit boring

2Sweeet
    2Sweeet's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2571

Hill Although I hate the guy ppl forget the Child Abuse allegations against this moron and his ex gf. It's amazing and thats why if he had 3000 yds receiving he never win it if i had a vote
    Last edited by 2Sweeet; 12-05-23 at 11:58 PM.

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2756

Hill - Offensive player of the year

MVP will go to a QB, Purdy if he wins out.

Hill has the bigger impact on his team as dominant as CMC has been. Without Hill Miami falls off a cliff, 49ers went deep before CMC arrived. The overall team is better than it was duing those two NFCC runs. Waddle, Achane/Mostert are not enough to strike fear in opponents. Zero talent at TE or Wr behind those two

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19611

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    Well, this is a long-held debate, but I semi-agree with you. I just think it's become a combination of both, and you have to balance it in your rankings

The thing is that there's also "MOP" or Most outstanding player in other sports/leagues, and the reason we settled on "MVP" as the standard is probably that it just sounded better. It's open to personal interpretation how much emphasis you place on an athlete's "value" to the team and how much you place on an exceptional performance for a season.

If I had an MVP vote, I'd lean towards the side of recognizing a player with an exceptional season, even if they aren't strictly the most valuable player in the league. Otherwise Michael Jordan should have won NBA MVP every year that he played a full season (pre-wizards). But at a certain point that's a bit boring
    The title is MVP, not MVPTHT.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

They will never give a white guy running back the MVP in the NFL. Wrong color.

TheFugitive
    TheFugitive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

I know for the purposes of this thread it only 2 choices.....but......DEEBO SAMUEL IS A MF'N BEAST.
    When I go the way of Robert "I am a douchebag liberal" DeNiro and I impregnate a girl 60 years my junior, his name will be DEEBO SAMUEL!

TheFugitive
    TheFugitive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    I know for the purposes of this thread it only 2 choices.....but......DEEBO SAMUEL IS A MF'N BEAST.
    When I go the way of Robert "I am a douchebag liberal" DeNiro and I impregnate a girl 60 years my junior, his name will be DEEBO SAMUEL!
    Otherwise T.Hill. for reasons mentioned above by JIbby

12 Last