I didn't think so.
    Gary Patterson is coming back as the starting QB, not the coach

Rumor is he's got a cannon

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post
    Anthony Richardson looks like a bust. 2024 1st overall pick belongs to the Indianapolis Colts.
    I think the same, but now I am starting to think he will be a mini-Hurts type QB. So, if they use him as a runner more than a passer (if he can hold up doing that in the NFL; then the Colts might not be that bad off. I'm not sure how good the Colts defense will be. Either way, for where they took him it was shameful.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Don't understand the point of this thread.

I also find it pretty funny how in this day and age someone can be 15% black and they can call themselves black. Like no buddy, you are 85% white, you're not a minority cause your great grandfather was black. You don't get special privilages.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11102

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

I also find it pretty funny how in this day and age someone can be 15% black and they can call themselves black. Like no buddy, you are 85% white, you're not a minority cause your great grandfather was black. You don't get special privilages.
    Maybe you're too young to remember that no too long ago, black quarterbacks were rarely given a chance and were stereotyped.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Maybe you're too young to remember that no too long ago, black quarterbacks were rarely given a chance and were stereotyped.
    You can say the same thing about white running backs or wrs the last 30 yrs.

homie1975

You can say the same thing about white running backs or wrs the last 30 yrs.
    Speed and athleticism positions.

No comparison to the QB where blacks have been starting in college for decades.

Apples and oranges argument.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Money Shot:

Got a Coach Prime video for you. OK, maybe my assessment of Colorado is not correct.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    OK, first play of the Coll FB season: Colorado +21.5 (at TCU).

I see Colorado talent level going up. Deion's son looks like the QB, and Travis Hunter is a nice transfer.

TCU will be down. QB departs, and top WR Johnston was the game-breaker.

Lastly, I'll call for 4pts of BTCL value on this selection. I think the # shortens up as it gets closer to kickoff.
    Not that anyone cares. Colorado line dipped to +20.

Buff roster in turnover mode. The 2022 talent level is an easy target to surpass. A few things are obvious to me:
    1) Hunter is showing up on some All-American lists. Guy is a 2-way talent.
    2) QB Sanders is going to be MILES ahead of the Buff QBs from 2022. Those guys were stiffs.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

So if one parent is black and one is white, what do you want them to be? White? So there's more good white qb's? Ultimately, who cares. Historically, blacks were steered toward other positions, for no good reason. Now it's more based on talent and the modern game will continue to reward athleticism.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    So if one parent is black and one is white, what do you want them to be? White? So there's more good white qb's? Ultimately, who cares. Historically, blacks were steered toward other positions, for no good reason. Now it's more based on talent and the modern game will continue to reward athleticism.
    If sports were based on talent alone, then you wouldn't have these combines where most of the black athletes have all the better metrics. Run faster, jump higher, bigger wingpsan, all that stuff, and then many of those guys flame out, whether it's in the nba or nfl. Athleticism is way overrated in sports. Luka can't jump, is slow, fat, and so is Jokic, and yet those are two of the best basketball players in the world. Jokic nearly went undrafted because of everyone's obsession with "athleticism"

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2744

If sports were based on talent alone, then you wouldn't have these combines where most of the black athletes have all the better metrics. Run faster, jump higher, bigger wingpsan, all that stuff, and then many of those guys flame out, whether it's in the nba or nfl. Athleticism is way overrated in sports. Luka can't jump, is slow, fat, and so is Jokic, and yet those are two of the best basketball players in the world. Jokic nearly went undrafted because of everyone's obsession with "athleticism"
    Tom Brady is a heck of an athlete, oh wait no he's as mobile as a grandma.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    1,000% correct. and it is much more recent than people think.

First 123