Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2750

That poor girl should be compensated just for having to hear that loud mouth asshat talking, probably suffered hearing loss as a result.

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2750

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Michael Ervin, the 15th of 17 children, has been a character ever since his days at The U.

He was notorious during his NFL days in Dallas, but this mild episode in a hotel
    lobby has exploded.
    He should have remained drinking with Michael Brooks.

A brief exchange with a female hotel employee could bring him down?

From what I am reading...
    At first, he didn't remember the conversation, but when shown a video of the brief meeting it came back to him.
    He cannot remember the conversation other than he merely chatted briefly and shook the woman's hand.

This will hurt him.

I wonder if the hotel video picked up the audio between Irvin and the employee? Was the dialog that damning?

I have never been a big fan of Ervin but I would like him to be cleared of this jackpot.

If she is his downfall then she is an American treasure and watching NFLN might become bearable again.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

[QUOTE=Thefix13;
    If she is his downfall then she is an American treasure and watching NFLN might become bearable again.[/QUOTE]

~~

Never saw your program in question.
    ~~
    Here's an Irvin oldie...

IRVIN EXPLAINS PIPE

By Andrew Marchand
    November 29, 2005

Michael Irvin, who was charged with misdemeanor possession of a drug pipe last Friday, continued to present his alibi yesterday on ESPN Radio’s “Dan Patrick Show.”
    Irvin, who is remaining on ESPN’s NFL shows, gave an explanation that some may believe and some may equate to a “dog-ate-my-homework” kind of excuse.

“I certainly understand people having their doubts,” said Irvin, who has a history with drugs.

Irvin said he may take a drug test to prove his innocence.

This is what he said happened:

“I have a friend who I have been trying to help, who is actually my brother also with this demon, this demon of drugs,” said Irvin, who added he didn’t want to give Patrick his “friend/brother’s” name.

Irvin said he put his “friend/brother” in a treatment center in Houston. Eight days ago, Irvin said during Monday Night Countdown he received calls that his “friend/brother” had left the center and was “high and out of his mind.”

On Thanksgiving, Irvin said his “friend/brother” came to his house and Irvin patted him down and found the pipe. Irvin said he thought of just throwing it in the garbage, but “people have gone through my garbage.” He said he didn’t want it in his house because he was scared his kids might find it so he hid it in his car.[

He said he planned on throwing it out in the dumpster at the grocery store Thanksgiving night, but he fell asleep. The next day, he was stopped by the police for speeding and they found the pipe

Last edited by 19th Hole; 02-10-23 at 08:26 PM.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

ok my bad i thought he got popped with blow in the car

it was just his brother's crack pipe he was keeping it warm for him

who is sifting through The Playmaker's trash anyway ?!???!?!

i bet it's the same guy that spray painted Lebron's gate
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: flyingillini

EddieMusher
    Fuggedaboutit!
    EddieMusher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5443

I miss the old days when you could talk to people.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 209 Life

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

UPDATE: 2 witnesses are backing Michael Irvin

Michael Irvin was pulled from NFL Network's Super Bowl coverage after he was accused of misconduct by a woman in a hotel lobby, but now two alleged witnesses are coming to the Hall of Famer's defense.
    TMZ Sports spoke to Phil Watkins, a man from Australia, in Arizona on Thursday, who says he watched and listened to the interaction between 56-year-old Irvin and his alleged accuser, an interaction he described as "positive" and "friendly".
    Watkins says he was hanging out with his buddies, taking photos with the Hall of Famer outside the hotel where Michael was staying. As they walked inside, the witness says Irvin was approached by a woman as he was trying to go to the elevator.
    Sources close to Irvin say this is the woman who made the allegation against him.
    We asked Watkins to describe what he saw.
    "It was a positive, friendly conversation. They had a brief interaction, it was 30, 40 seconds, he kept his distance at all times, stood about a meter away from her, they ended with a handshake and he literally turned around and went to the lift."
    We doubled down, asking if there was anything that could've been interpreted as being improper.
    "Not at all. Not at all. There was a little bit of laughter. Obviously a jovial conversation. Nothing untoward for me to actually take notice of what was going on," Watkins said.

We also talked to a second alleged witness, Bryn Davis from Philadelphia, who echoed Watkins' story.
    "We walked back to go into the bar, [Irvin] went straight to go to his hotel room, and I guess somebody that worked there, I don't know if it was a waitress or a bartender I guess came up and said, 'Hey Michael Irvin.' And he said, 'Oh, nice to meet you, I'm Michael' and shook her hand."
    "The crazy part was it was like a 30-second interaction. It could've been a minute. I didn't really think much of it 'cause it was just a fan kind of thing."
    Davis provided our photog with the photograph he took with his friends and Irvin.

Later in the week, Davis says he was in shock when he read Michael had been accused of misconduct because they'd just taken a photo together. But, then he says he realized he'd witnessed the alleged incident and was shocked.
    "I woke up I guess this morning and saw this thing that said, 'Michael Irvin [misconduct]', and I was like, God, I just took a picture with that guy, I can't believe it.' and then I read it and it was from the night I was there and I was like, this is baffling, cause I saw it and I never witnessed something like that happen before."
    Asked to describe the interaction again, Davis repeated ... "It was about a 30-second interaction that was jovial, like a fan interaction, and she went back to work."
    We asked Davis if anything he saw would explain Irvin being booted from NFLN.
    "That's why this morning I felt sick when I saw it because it's the first time I was ever, firsthand experience where something like that happened that was just fabricated. It was a totally normal conversation."
    "And the bar was relatively packed. It was a quick conversation in a crowded area. He went on his way and I never thought about it again."
    Davis also explained why he's decided to speak out.
    "I'll say this, man. I'm from Philadelphia. I grew up and Michael was our enemy. But he's a super, super, super nice guy, and that's why I felt like I needed to say something only because he's a good dude and to have that happen and have your livelihood or career taken is crazy. It's not fair so it was worth coming out and saying something."
    As for the specifics of the allegations, virtually nothing is known about what the woman says happened.
    We broke the story on Thursday ... Irvin is seeking $100 million from the Renaissance, accusing the hotel of "railroading" him in an attempt to unjustly cancel him.
    Michael briefly spoke on the radio earlier in the week and said he was "totally perplexed" by the situation.
    We reached out to the police to ask if an investigation had been launched ... and they referred us to the NFL.
    Irvin was set to be one of the faces of the NFL Network's Super Bowl LVII coverage.

First 12