stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

40-33-1 Frank Reich gets another job. will he trade for Matty Ice?????

heads to the panthers, a team with no qb's and the #9 pick in the draft

stake1

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

not sure I would head there. offense in shambles.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9422

I don't get the love for Reich. His play calling is atrocious in big spots. Carolina going nowhere anyways, so he'll get a few years before he's fired.

First hire, and a bad one, IMO.

More to come I'm sure. NFL owners are the worst. Look at the list of fools these teams are interviewing? And it's not just Rooney Rule token interviews. Idiot white guys and idiot black guys with no shots at these jobs. Do you really need to interview 15 guys in the first round, or are you just protecting your ass when you get sued? Then they can say we interviewed 7 blacks and 7 whites, so we're good.

I mean Jim Caldwell getting interviewed in Carolina and Denver is a 100 percent farce.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stake1, and bigtymer56

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    I don't get the love for Reich. His play calling is atrocious in big spots. Carolina going nowhere anyways, so he'll get a few years before he's fired.

First hire, and a bad one, IMO.

More to come I'm sure. NFL owners are the worst. Look at the list of fools these teams are interviewing? And it's not just Rooney Rule token interviews. Idiot white guys and idiot black guys with no shots at these jobs. Do you really need to interview 15 guys in the first round, or are you just protecting your ass when you get sued? Then they can say we interviewed 7 blacks and 7 whites, so we're good.

I mean Jim Caldwell getting interviewed in Carolina and Denver is a 100 percent farce.
    wonder if brian flores will protest? seems reich beat out Steve Wilks for the job. now wilks was two sides of terrible in zona when he went 3-13 and got shit canned. But he was 6-6 with that panthers team after Rhule got fired, and did a good job considering they traded his best offensive player: mccaffrey

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2469

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    wonder if brian flores will protest? seems reich beat out Steve Wilks for the job. now wilks was two sides of terrible in zona when he went 3-13 and got shit canned. But he was 6-6 with that panthers team after Rhule got fired, and did a good job considering they traded his best offensive player: mccaffrey
    Blatant racism

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2469

Reich is a garbage coach that will either 1) Draft a young qb and ruin him or 2) Bring in some washed up vet or lose cannon qb ( Carr ) and the team will fail miserably

Panthers should continue to build through the draft and not take a project like Levis or Richardson at that 9 spot, they arent ready to compete yet. If anything trade back a bit and load up on more talent. Their defense is coming together ( when healthy )

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by Thefix13 View Post
    Blatant racism
    i gotta give wilks props, 6-6 with no qb's and lost his duel threat weapon rb? reich would have gone 2-10

stake1

Thefix: i can see that. Panthers mortgage their draft, ship it to the raiders for Carr. or even worse, rodgers? what a mistake that would be

SBR Andy
    SBR Andy's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 426898

As a Panthers fan, not sure what to think of this hire. Felt Wilks did enough to keep the job and the players seemed to like him.

With no real sure thing in the draft and being more than one player away from contention, I could see them bringing back Darnold on a 1-year deal.

Would be interesting if they made the 49ers an offer for Trey Lance. Have to think they try and move him while his stock is still somewhat high given the picks they gave up to get him and CMC.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stake1

pologq

guy salutes the respect in this thread. i thought 6-6 he did enough also. they seemed competitive considering a shit QB situation and losing CMC.

Points Awarded:

stake1 gave pologq 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

Awful hire. I didn't know Richardson still owned the team.

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Awful hire. I didn't know Richardson still owned the team.

pologq

like what is reich going to do with the panthers that wilks could not do?

reich gets so much hype for that eagles championship. he will live off of that forever.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stake1

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6771

bet the early season unders for panther games if he gets to call plays for the offense

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Andy View Post
    As a Panthers fan, not sure what to think of this hire. Felt Wilks did enough to keep the job and the players seemed to like him.

With no real sure thing in the draft and being more than one player away from contention, I could see them bringing back Darnold on a 1-year deal.

Would be interesting if they made the 49ers an offer for Trey Lance. Have to think they try and move him while his stock is still somewhat high given the picks they gave up to get him and CMC.
    I feel you pain Andy.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

All the blacks up in arms calling racism….the one race that will never be content

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

Dumb hire. They didn’t have to keep wilks but I would have rather had him than this guy. What a joke franchise

Covering the #
    Covering the #'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4191

The only thing that makes sense is Panthers intend on tanking a couple more years with this hire. Reich is way too nice of a guy to point fingers up the line. He's gonna be instructed to get near the top 2 or 3 pick after next season then sink or swim. Don't dislike the guy but think he's being brought in to tank.

pologq

jim irsay looks like he woke up in a morgue. jesus.