Broncos
    Colts
    Panthers
    Texans

likely to follow:

Cardinals
    Rams

potential:

Cowboys (if lose to Bucs, Jerry begs Sean Payton to come back?)
    Chargers (if lose to Jags, Staley long hated by fans and always makes terrible decisions)
    Bucs (Bowles could resign? apparently didn't want the job to begin with)

unlikely for this offseason, but fun to think about:

Jets, Raiders, Dolphins (angry/impatient owners)
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

payton should wait to see if the chargers are available

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

Have the Colts gone from super bowl potential to complete rebuild mode in 6 months.

fascinating this NFL

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393

Sources: The Arizona Cardinals fired head coach Kliff Kingsbury, who 10 months ago signed a contract extension through the 2027 season.

The Cardinals still never have had a head coach - any head coach - last longer than six years while the team has existed for over 100 years.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

^ Never the right man for the job to begin with.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 817

Kingsbury a bum who doesn’t deserve any job above middle school football. Guy got housed at Tech and Arizona. Arizona in big trouble… GM a druggie- GONE, Kingsbury got the QB injured-GONE, QB has $230 million and it’s not from the Oakland A’s. Very few organizations are this fukked.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13986

the bidwell family qwns the cardinals and deserve better.

pologq

the contract was fully guaranteed for 5 years at $7.5M annually.

kingsbury has 5 more years on his contract to sit home, work out, eat ass, play video games, eat ass, go for a swim, eat more ass, watch movies and of course eat ass. sign me up.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

those owners must be able to write off these fired coaches salaries, i mean it's crazy texans have fired coaches after 1 year 2 years in a row now

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

No doubt Sean Payton goes to Cowboys if they fire McCarthy

Too good of job to pass up

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

If the Texans draft a quarterback, they need to be offering Ben Johnson whatever he wants.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    ^ Never the right man for the job to begin with.
    Ya. But how would you like to be his accountant?

Four years left on his deal. I have to imagine he gets Most/All of that cabbage.

AND get to bank sweet $$ at a cushy Off Coord gig.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post

kingsbury has 5 more years on his contract to sit home, work out, eat ass, play video games, eat ass, go for a swim, eat more ass, watch movies and of course eat ass. sign me up.
    Is King married? I hope not.

The women like him. I'd imagine the guy lives quite the life.

ChuckyTheGoat

Did Lovie get fired b/c they scored the late TD?

Wow, did the Bears hit payday on that switcheroo.

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

So, Sean McVay wins the Super Bowl, then has an injury-riddled season (and his first losing one), and he’s like, “Yeah, I’m most likely out…..”

WTF?!?! What kind of $#!T is that? When the going finally gets tough, and he might have to coach some new, young, untested talent - he takes off? I wouldn’t hire this guy simply based on that - same thing could happen somewhere else.

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

maybe he will rekindle his romance with Holly Sonders........I mean everything has been updated on her.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

no coach wins without top qb

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

wouldnt be surprised to see jets or raiders pull the plug, dolphins I think he's good, massive QB injury problems

mccarthy could be coaching for job this week especially after awful game on sunday

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    those owners must be able to write off these fired coaches salaries, i mean it's crazy texans have fired coaches after 1 year 2 years in a row now
    In most cases, the coaches next job will work against their old contract. For example, Panthers owner won't lose much, if anything, on Matt Ruhle, since he got a similar deal at Nebraska.

But look at Rex Ryan, he never coached again, so the Bills had to pay his full contract for 3 years, minus whatever small amount he's made at ESPN.

Kingsburg will land a college jobs next year somewhere, or an OC job in the NFL. But he could just sit out and retire.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post
    So, Sean McVay wins the Super Bowl, then has an injury-riddled season (and his first losing one), and he’s like, “Yeah, I’m most likely out…..”

WTF?!?! What kind of $#!T is that? When the going finally gets tough, and he might have to coach some new, young, untested talent - he takes off? I wouldn’t hire this guy simply based on that - same thing could happen somewhere else.
    Works for LeBron.
    Points Awarded:

MaltedHopsFrenzy gave Mr KLC 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2708

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    That's one of the few firings that make sense. Those coaches were just cannon fodder, never a realistic expectation they could be the guy. Teams do that when they want to flip a roster and then lure in the big fish coach. No big name takes a job thats a total dumpster fire. 49ers hired several losers before they had enough toys to convince Shanahan to come over. Texans want a total fresh start with their new qb and deep wallets in free agency. Lovie is basically proven to never be good enough to win it all.

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2708

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post

Him and Snead knew what they were doing but most people missed it. They jammed all their draft capital to get themselves a ring and / or extensions knowing damn well the roster wouldnt be sustainable long term. Snead got his contract and Mcvay was always going to have ALL his options open to him. He can walk away as that whole team burns, spend a few years on tv, and still come back as the #1 in demand coach down the road because of his age and his offense. The rams were always going down in flames it just happened 1/2-1 season earlier than expected.
    Points Awarded:

MaltedHopsFrenzy gave Thefix13 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Orbison

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Lovie only got the job because of the Flores lawsuit, and he happened to be a black coach that was on the staff the previous year. The Texans never had plans to keep him long term. On the other hand, the team played much better as the season progressed.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat, and chico2663

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Lovie only got the job because of the Flores lawsuit, and he happened to be a black coach that was on the staff the previous year. The Texans never had plans to keep him long term. On the other hand, the team played much better as the season progressed.
    Exactly what happened. The hiring was a joke but he had them playing well by the end of the season, so the firing is a bit of a surprise.

ChuckyTheGoat

KLC, very good summary.

Going back one year...I thought the Texans were even WORSE in 2021. Cooley got them to max out. He should have stayed on FOR SURE. If a guy is in an impossible situation, you have to grade on a curve.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153420

payton should wait to see if the chargers are available
    i wonder which job he would prefer - Cowboys, Chargers, Rams - if all 3 somehow come open

Broncos is the worst job while Colts, Panthers, Texans could be good options if he has the appetite to rebuild and draft his own QB

i suppose the Cardinals could be a decent/underrated job too but only if he likes Kyler Murray as a QB and ownership allows him to bring in his own GM or be the GM himself. those are two big if's though

come to think of it, Payton will probably demand control of the GM situation wherever he goes so that wouldn't necessarily give the Cards any kind of edge despite them currently needing a GM as well

ChuckyTheGoat

Staley (Chargers) really might be the coach I rate the lowest. Each of the L2 seasons, he messed up the last week:

*2021: Took the timeout when Raiders were ready to run out the clock. Tie would have taken them to the playoffs.

*2022: The betting markets TOLD HIM that their 5-seed was locked in. He plays the starters as if it's a real game. Mike Williams and Joey Bosa pick up injuries. Imagine if Herbert had gotten injured in a totally meaningless game.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO

yeah Staley always makes the worst coaching decisions possible, fans are enraged with him at this point

if he loses to the Jags for the second time this year, it'd be hard to imagine he survives that unless that crook Spanos cheapens out which is certainly possible considering his history

ChuckyTheGoat

I wonder if Rivera saved his job w/ the win over Dallas. Didn't help them in the standings but the fans feel better beating Dallas.

I do think there's a chance that the Rivera/Howell parlay is in play:

1) Did Howell show enough to be the starter in 2023? And if not the starter, then 1A with a veteran backup.
    ...Wentz has to go. Heinecke/Howell could be in play. And if not Heinecke, they might bring in a veteran QB to share job w/ Howell.

2) The defense made strides. If Chase Young shows he's healthy, has the makings of a top 5 defense.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    KLC, very good summary.

Going back one year...I thought the Texans were even WORSE in 2021. Cooley got them to max out. He should have stayed on FOR SURE. If a guy is in an impossible situation, you have to grade on a curve.
    From a public relations perspective, the Texans should have kept Culley until they had a good start on the proper personnel they wanted to draft. Instead, they have had 3 black coaches in 3 years and have people like Stephen A. and Michael Irvin now stating how racist they are. They hired Lovie to try and keep people from calling them racist, but made it happen anyway with their lousy decision making.

ChuckyTheGoat

From a public relations perspective, the Texans should have kept Culley until they had a good start on the proper personnel they wanted to draft. Instead, they have had 3 black coaches in 3 years and have people like Stephen A. and Michael Irvin now stating how racist they are. They hired Lovie to try and keep people from calling them racist, but made it happen anyway with their lousy decision making.
    I swear you can't win. In this country "race" is a topic that's impossible to win.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO

I wonder if Rivera saved his job w/ the win over Dallas. Didn't help them in the standings but the fans feel better beating Dallas.

I do think there's a chance that the Rivera/Howell parlay is in play:

1) Did Howell show enough to be the starter in 2023? And if not the starter, then 1A with a veteran backup.
    ...Wentz has to go. Heinecke/Howell could be in play. And if not Heinecke, they might bring in a veteran QB to share job w/ Howell.

2) The defense made strides. If Chase Young shows he's healthy, has the makings of a top 5 defense.
    from what i've read, Rivera was always going to be safe regardless. he's well liked in the organization and is viewed as the guy to lead the organization during the transition of ownership and beyond

ChuckyTheGoat

I swear you can't win. In this country "race" is a topic that's impossible to win.
    How hyper-sensitive is the media to RACE?

I saw an article where it detailed the NFL Head Coaches of color:
    *Rivera normally shows up on this list. I think his father is Puerto Rican.
    *McDaniel and Saleh also showed up on this list.

I've seen the story on McDaniel. If I didn't know better, he looks white as rice to me.

As for Saleh, really? Is he Greek? Are we sure he didn't get a nice tan?

I hate this crap. Once you get to the locker room, no one cares. The "Rooney Rule" was done to appease people. Brass wanted to make sure that everyone gets a fair shake. It's a reasonable rule.

But why are people so bent on race? Get over it.

pologq

if i was payton i would want the chargers job. the only bad thing is you got to deal with the chiefs at least 2 times a year for the future.

cowboys is not a bad situation but i do not like Dak. panthers need to draft a QB. cardinals have Murray but not crazy about him either.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

I predict not one woman will be interviewed.

12 Last