ego74
    ego74's Avatar Become A Pro!

YOUR Ego-Edge on Oakland/NY Jets

64 % winners in the NFL the past five weeks :thumbs_up

Of my five selections on Sunday, this is the only one of those that qualifies as a "public darling", and for good reason.

At this point of another lost year for the Raiders, it was time to remove Kerry Collins and see what Marques Tuiasosopo can do. While not having the big arm that Collins posseses, he does have one edge and that's his mobility. Look for him to make some plays with his legs, even if he doesn't have a big passing day.

The game plan also gets tweaked a bit, and Norv Turner goes back to what can make this Raiders offense more effective, getting LaMont Jordan involved not only on the ground, but catching passes out of the backfield. I am looking for him to have a HUGE day against his former team and their poor rush D. I don't expect the Raiders to have to play from behind, so no reason to abandon the run. Jordan may also help open up some opportunities for Tuiasosopo downfield

On the other side of the ball, Curtis Martin is now downgraded to questionable and is a game-time decision (even if he can go, he will be limited). If he can't, rookie Cedric Houston will ge the nod. The Jets simply don't have the weapons to take advantage of Oakland's poor D that gives up 30 points with regularity. They'll have to string together some long drives, and they've proven to be unable to do so. They don't convert third downs, and they always seem to shoot themselves in the foot.

This is a rare game where Norv Turner has the coaching advantage over "master" motivator Herm Edwards. At least Edwards is entertaining with his post-game news conference babble. This young, injury depleted team isn't buying it and neither am I.

Oakland -3 (2 units)

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i had oak on my beat the prick and then saw the qb change and didn't know what to think

it's not a lock the qb change will be a downgrade so I am gonna leave it on my picks

if oakland cannot beat the jets then they are a complete joke and Turner may need to be fired (again .... lol this guy must be a good interview or something)

both teams have their share of injuries but I think Jets have been hit harder losing several of their best players especially on offense

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm personaly passing on this game. but, i too would take oakland in this game. because, the jets seem to go out of there way to lose and mis-cover every single week.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I originally liked Oakland, but decided to pass once Collins was scratched.

ego74
    ego74's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like I shoulda passed on this one too... I was BEGGIN' for Collins to come into the game

2-3 day for me, just glad my 5 unit play won outright

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i had no money on this game

thought about pulling it from my beat the prick picks but if it had won and I pulled it, I woulda kicked myself so thats the way it goes (my backup game would have been a push so no biggie)

anyway the point is NORV TURNER SHOULD BE FIRED

I am not a Raiders fan in the least but the guy is not a leader, he has no business as a head coach

their offense is a joke and the qb switch did not pan out (I had no clue if it would or not)