MAB
    MAB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2798

KC / Oakland Question

Just curious, since time ran out on the final touchdown by KC, why did they have to kick the extra point?

Shawn01
    Shawn01's Avatar Become A Pro!

To screw up the point spread. Seriously, I don't know. I'm guessing it's some rule technicality because there does not need to be time on the clock in order to kick an extra point. And it didn't mess up the line anyway, as the line (for me at least) was -4.5. I've been hooked!

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

In the NFL you have to kicke the PAT in regulation. I got screw in college when Michgan didn't kick the PAT no rule in college

MAB
    MAB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2798

Thanks. I didn't realize the rule differed between the NFL and College. I had KC -4 so I was glad they did.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

the announcers even made reference to having to kick the extra point 3x's,when the media and players swarmed the field.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    the announcers even made reference to having to kick the extra point 3x's,when the media and players swarmed the field.
    The announcers mentioned that the Raider team had went to the locker room, but salvaged 11 players to line up for the extra point. Kerry Collins was out there on the extra point coverage team. lmao. I wonder what would have happened if none of the Raiders team went back out on the field.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00
    The announcers mentioned that the Raider team had went to the locker room, but salvaged 11 players to line up for the extra point. Kerry Collins was out there on the extra point coverage team. lmao. I wonder what would have happened if none of the Raiders team went back out on the field.
    The announcers said nobody had to line up. I guess KC could have walked in for two points if that were the case.

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

A few years in a New England game the other team went to the locker room and they did run it in for two

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigD
    A few years in a New England game the other team went to the locker room and they did run it in for two
    i remember somebody hit the 33 point pool on that game.

Shawn01
    Shawn01's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    The announcers said nobody had to line up. I guess KC could have walked in for two points if that were the case.
    Well, if I had Vermeil's cell phone number I'd have encouraged him to do just that....and cover the freaking spread so I would have won my bet!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn01
    Well, if I had Vermeil's cell phone number I'd have encouraged him to do just that....and cover the freaking spread so I would have won my bet!
    If Vermeil woulda went for 2, I bet he woulda got it. I saw Kerry Collins out there, but I wonder who else, the kicker, the punter, maybe a running back, all standing around. That woulda been the ultimate slap in the face.